• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introverts: How do you remain introverted around others?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wonder if that is Ne? The loud mind-tangents.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't think so. Zen Buddhists try to stop their minds (thinking) by Koans. [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION] said she relates, so i think it could be anyone. I relate too. Humans does have conversations in their head (thinking).

I am like [MENTION=24524]Luke O[/MENTION] a Super Ape

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think so. Zen Buddhists try to stop their minds (thinking) by Koans. Ene said she relates, so i think it could be anyone. I relate too. Humans does have conversations in their head (thinking).

I am like [MENTION=24524]Luke O[/MENTION] a Super Ape

I don't have conversations in my head. It's pretty quiet in there.

I don't think we can say that most people do. I have not heard that before. Though I have heard some more imbalanced people have noise in their head, or repetitious music or things like that.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Intellectuals do. [MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] described herself as phlegmatic as far as i can remember. Monks Nuns Prophets and insane people are pretty similar, externally. Can get mixed by people.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Intellectuals do. [MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] described herself as phlegmatic as far as i can remember. Monks Nuns Prophets and insane people are pretty similar, externally. Can get mixed by people.

I'm not talking about hearing God. God doesn't speak constantly. :smile:

I guess I'm not an intellectual then.

Or maybe you are just wrong. :D

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I hover in the instinctive area, if you are talking to me.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thoughts are not voices.

Why are we still on about this...

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Because Mustafa spoke of 'conversations' which are not thoughts.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have conversations with myself in my mind. If it's controlled then they are not hallucinations if that's what you're talking about.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
I think I hover in the instinctive area, if you are talking to me.
Me too. And we are rare. As solitary. People socialize and hence talk alot, by thinking or feeling (enneagram).
[MENTION=14015]Urarienev[/MENTION] Both I and another Asperger candidate, that I know of, claimed hearing voices or the devil in psychiatric institutions because we were angry and curious about reaction. Of course Aspies are honest and we were treated and comitted unjustly.

Peace

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because Mustafa spoke of 'conversations' which are not thoughts.

And Mustafa also put the word "(thinking)" next to conversations. One can have an internal dialogue. Perhaps not everyone does it.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
And Mustafa also put the word "(thinking)" next to conversations. One can have an internal dialogue. Perhaps not everyone does it.
No. Not everyone does it. The believers in the Quran (not muslims) doesn't engage in vain speech, now or in the hereafter. Muslims and good people will too not engage in vain speech, in the hereafter.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Temperament-wise I'm phlegmatic-melancholic, yes :D Though I wouldn't call myself an intellectual; thinking to myself for me isn't the same as some sort of philosophical pursuit or anything. :p

also I am a boy~

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Temperament-wise I'm phlegmatic-melancholic, yes :D Though I wouldn't call myself an intellectual; thinking to myself for me isn't the same as some sort of philosophical pursuit or anything. :p

also I am a boy~
OK, being an intellectual is not only philosophy, it is any ... Thinking activity.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
OK, being an intellectual is not only philosophy, it is any ... Thinking activity.

Extroverts think to, I don't know if they do the overthinking thing while having a conversation though. Maybe not because they feel more comfortable? I have no idea how it works on the other side haha

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Strictly speaking, i am talking of my experience with Buddhism and Islam.