• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your perception of trolls

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yes this has probably been done to death,
but how do you know someone is a troll?
are you someone who if someone doesn't agree with you or has low fe or charm is automatically a troll?
what about low communication skills and reading comprehension?
or is there more to it than that?
How quick are you to dismiss someone as an outright troll?
What if evidence comes out that they're not do you keep thinking they're a troll?
If someone doesn't fit into your narrative of how people should be are they a troll ?

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I see it as general online behaviour, are they singling out specific people or groups of people with intimidating, threatening and abusive language? Regularly harassing the same people they know they can upset? Basically are they a fucking bully whenever they go online?

Jaguar

I prefer to use it as a verb. I'm thinking of someone right now and I wouldn't call him a troll, he just trolls the fuck out of people for a response and it's usually about the same damn topic.
Frankly, I think he just likes to bitch. And bitch. And bitch.

Lark

I prefer to use it as a verb. I'm thinking of someone right now and I wouldn't call him a troll, he just trolls the fuck out of people for a response and it's usually about the same damn topic.

If you're thinking about me I've got a pretty different take on things.

Lark

Your paranoia is wasting my time. My post wasn't about you.

That said there's one or two people I could imagine it is but I'm not sure if they are trolls, they are a nuisance but I just though they were sick or depressed or something.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think a lot of it has to do with a person taking out their hostility on others who have nothing to do with the source of that anger. The former member Nicodemus was probably a good example of that.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
NFs are angry warriors and NTs are passive agressive politicans.

á´…eparted

passages
Trolls are people who get kicks out of causing a mess or bothering other people for the sole purpose of upsetting them and nothing more. In general getting a rise out of others at their expense. I despise trolls and trolling. I regard someone as a troll if they refuse to be serious and persistently stir up crap. Regardless of if they're aware of their actions or not.

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Trolls are ones who enjoy getting a rise out of others with their "controversial" opinions. They tend to possess a certain ignorance and persistence with shouting out their beliefs to all who would listen. Definitely the true viruses of the Web.

Although some are genuinely amusing, others are just plain annoying. It's best to ignore them entirely.

C.J.Woolf

respect the brick
MBTI Type
INTP

If someone trolls enough they become the noun troll. Fact of life.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Trolls are people who get kicks out of causing a mess or bothering other people for the sole purpose of upsetting them and nothing more. In general getting a rise out of others at their expense. I despise trolls and trolling. I regard someone as a troll if they refuse to be serious and persistently stir up crap. Regardless of if they're aware of their actions or not.

Pretty much this. Identifying trolls is a matter of identifying motives and big picture patterns of behavior.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Pretty much this. Identifying trolls is a matter of identifying motives and big picture patterns of behavior.
^ Yes to all of the above.

From a moderator standpoint: Some folks are trolly by nature, but are well-meaning about it, and also provide a good deal of high-quality content. They just like being provocative, in a wink-wink nudge-nudge way, not with intent to cause chaos. I can think of quite a few people on this forum who fit this description, most of whom are either e4 or e6.

From a personal standpoint: If someone acts trolly, whether they're well-meaning or not, I distrust them and shut them out automatically. And it takes me a long time to re-establish that trust, and to even consider letting them back in. Years, sometimes. And if not years, then months, with a LOT of character references from people who are more tolerant and less judgmental than me.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
One who intentionally manipulates the sentiments of others to evoke some kind of visceral reaction just for pure entertainment.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyone who says, "I don't really buy into typology systems," on a site like this is, shall we say, "not at home." That's a troll, in my book. For me, "trollism" is a contextual, Fi value judgment.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Trolls intentionally try to provoke people because they're bored. That's my definition of the terminology.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Anyone who says, "I don't really buy into typology systems," on a site like this is ... "not at home." That's a troll, in my book. For me, "trollism" is a contextual value judgment.

I sort of agree with you unless they can actually make a good argument for it and are interested in hearing the counter arguments (i.e. expanding knowledge as a whole). But yeah someone that comes in here and is like 'typology is bullshit' and offers nothing more then probably a troll. :dry: