• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trance and Critical Thinking

Mole

Permabanned
In a trance our critical mind goes to sleep, or in the case of children the critical mind hasn't yet developed, and our imaginative mind wakes up, and we become suggestible.

So we enter the religious trance, usually at a very young age; we enter the sexual trance usually at puberty; and then we enter the astrology trance, and the mbti trance.

And every night we pass through the hypnogogic trance as we fall asleep and wake up.

To wake from a trance all we need to do is practise thinking critically, to critique the content of the trance

But the reality is we want to be entranced and don't want to think critically.

Mole

Permabanned
The Religious Trance and Biblical Criticism

Possibly the deepest trance is the religious trance. And the way to wake from the religious trance is to start to critique our own religion.

Across the world almost all of us are given a religion as part of our heritage. And we are discouraged from critiquing our religion in order to keep us entranced.

Fortunately Biblical Criticism began in the 17th and 18th century so we now have a vast literature to inform us. We have no need to invent the wheel, we can hop in and start to drive the car of Biblical Criticism.

The great advantage of Biblical Criticism is that we acknowledge our heritage while at the same time waking from our childhood trance.

Mole

Permabanned
Trance Music and Critical Thinking

Yes, the phenomenon of Trance music is interesting.

Particularly as a trance can be induced by any repetition, and Trance music is repetitious par excellence.

So Trance music does induce a trance, which can take us away from our daily worries, can relax us, and take us back to the warm feelings of childhood.

But Trance music does not teach us how to think critically. So Trance music does not help us grow up, intellectually or emotionally.

So Trance music betrays us while making us feel good.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I feel a bit manipulated by your tendency to always start two new lines after the end of a sentence

Mole

Permabanned
Printed Prose and Eprose

I feel a bit manipulated by your tendency to always start two new lines after the end of a sentence

Yes, I do not write printed prose, which flows on usually in the same tone. Rather I write eprose, electronic prose, in which one thought strikes another thought and so each new thought deserves its own paragraph.

So I don't write printed paragraphs, I write eparagraphs which are designed to showcase each thought.

I understand you feel manipulated by my use of eprose, but if you compare eprose with poetry, you can see they have some similarities.

However if you have the expectations of reading printed prose, no doubt you will continue to feel manipulated.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
prose sounds homo, i can help it but what does that mean prose?

Mole

Permabanned
prose sounds homo, i can help it but what does that mean prose?

Traditionally prose has been contrasted with poetry. But traditional prose and poetry is printed prose and poetry. But now we are in a new world of electronic text and the old categories no longer hold.

For 200,000 years homo sapiens lived in spoken cultures within voice shot. But over the last few hundred years, in prosperous countries we have lived in literate cultures.

Literate cultures are based on print and the printing press of 1440, and of course spoken cultures are based on the voice, but now we are moving rapidly into the electronic culture of radio, telephone, television, and the internet. And the new electronic culture has quite a few of the features of old traditional spoken culture.

So printed prose has been uniform in tone, where one idea flows into another idea, all marshalled in paragraphs, then chapters, then books, quite like a little army.

And so we might say eprose, electronic prose, has broken free from the military style book, and is now free on the internet. Free to take up its own shape, to practise its own manners and mores.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Traditionally prose has been contrasted with poetry. But traditional prose and poetry is printed prose and poetry. But now we are in a new world of electronic text and the old categories no longer hold.

For 200,000 years homo sapiens lived in spoken cultures within voice shot. But over the last few hundred years, in prosperous countries we have lived in literate cultures.

Literate cultures are based on print and the printing press of 1440, and of course spoken cultures are based on the voice, but now we are moving rapidly into the electronic culture of radio, telephone, television, and the internet. And the new electronic culture has quite a few of the features of old traditional spoken culture.

So printed prose has been uniform in tone, where one idea flows into another idea, all marshalled in paragraphs, then chapters, then books, quite like a little army.

And so we might say eprose, electronic prose, has broken free from the military style book, and is now free on the internet. Free to take up its own shape, to practise its own manners and mores.

you cant tell an entp about prose and neither about poetry. In Germany we call it Perlen vor die Säue. That means like to feed pearls to pigs. They'll just eat them and dont think about it

You could tell an entp poetry but thats a challenge

Mole

Permabanned
you cant tell an entp about prose and neither about poetry. In Germany we call it Perlen vor die Säue. That means like to feed pearls to pigs. They'll just eat them and dont think about it

You could tell an entp poetry but thats a challenge

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ya that is my niveau :)

My problems are more like that atm:

Mole

Permabanned
Self-righteousness is a trance too.

An actual trance is induced by any repetition. The critical mind goes to sleep for a while and the imaginative mind wakes up, and we become suggestible.

The phrase self-righteousness is a trance is a metaphor rather than a description of a trance.

If you are interested in understanding trance you might like an inteview with Dennis Wier click on https://occultlibrary.info/interview-dennis-r-wier/