• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What kind of people challenge you?

Edit: Answer with whatever you wish of course, but for myself I meant more in a positive aspect like "Oh that is a challenging idea" or like how a trainer can challenge you to work harder at the gym or what have you

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Emotionally impetuous

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Disloyal, impressionable drones.

Whether they are domesticated or not, makes no difference. That only tells you whether the camouflage is consciously chosen, or not.

Answer with whatever you wish of course, but for myself I meant more in a positive aspect like "Oh that is a challenging idea" or like how a trainer can challenge you to work harder at the gym or what have you

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Answer with whatever you wish of course, but for myself I meant more in a positive aspect like "Oh that is a challenging idea" or like how a trainer can challenge you to work harder at the gym or what have you

Well, my statement still stands.

But on a lighter note, people that are better at chess than I am.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
you should probably edit op [MENTION=27425]Listening[/MENTION]

bad challenge: people who think they've got the world figured out and anyone who disagrees with them is a less intelligent lifeform and the possibility that they might be mistaken is ridiculous.

good challenge: people who respond to questions with more questions. conversations where it seems like nothing was said but so much was said. people who hold their cards close but enjoy having them teased out of their hand.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dead people.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can't think of anyone who's ever challenged me positively because I tend to hate all challenges. So I guess the kind of person who best challenges me is the type of person who is able to frame a problem or something I don't want to do as something that's not all so challenging.

Also, I tend to not react well to motivational or inspirational pep talks.

free electron

MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
5w6
On a positive note, people who challenge me are the ones who are able to reach me emotionally speaking and get an answer from me. Those people who make me work my Fe ;)

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
People that positively challenge me are people who tell me I can't do something I am interested in doing because I'm a brat and I want to prove them wrong.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Generally people who challenge me to be good or smart are artistic/creative in some way. While I'll argue with these people on the Internet, overly cerebral people who challenge me to debates turn me off sexually and emotionally. I feel emotionally challenged by people like Martin Luther King and always find artistic performers my real spiritual or sympathetic challenge. Or people who do things like walk across the continent, or have everything in their house waste free.

I'm really challenged to the highest extent by artistic and eco people, and by their DOING.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd rather feel inspired by them to improve myself than feel challenged, I guess that's how my system works

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Every fucking person on the fucking planet. At one time or another.

5d5aa859601c5760d6364f97bbf0da81.jpg

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Whomever wants to be challenged !

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Oh, thanks for clarifying! I had some negative things to say, but I will stick to the positive instead.

People who set good examples. A specific example:
My neighbor who is obsessed with zero-waste. I'm not quite as committed as she is, but I do believe in the idea. Well, there have been several times that separating the trash from the recyclable/compostable part of something has seemed too annoying (like tags on clothing, OMG. I bought my son a bunch of clothes from Once Upon a Child and had to remove like 12 tags), and I've thought to myself, "I'm not going to bother with this" and then I think, "Erin would," so I do. And then only the little plastic stick thing goes in the trash, and the tags go in the recycling.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not a whole lot of people since I'm usually the one throwing down the gauntlet and challenging.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm. Lots of different ways but my favorite way of being challenged is to be surprised.

Get me thinking in a different direction while still giving credit to where my thoughts may be going. Off hand approach resonates best. I'm my hardest competitor, so I will take it and run.

á´…eparted

passages
8's and Te doms do the most. They challenge me in a good way, and help me push past barriers I don't want to cross, or don't think I can cross. As well as pulling me down to earth when I go into rabid-KILLKILLKILL mode, or everythingishorrible mode.