• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What kind of people challenge you?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to challenge and provoke people to make them understand freedom, to get their mind opened. I have failed many times because I was forceful and aggressive.

Today I have changed and I have developed other qualities. I'm challenging people with a kind heart, tolerant, who can listen carefully and care about my needs as well as theirs.

Because I can also learn from them. So it is a kind of give and receive. Fairplay challenge to me ;)

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That kind of challenge would be ExTJs. I appreciate them both equally.

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People who consistently ask for attention and use guilt-tripping to get their way.

gjvand09

MBTI Type
Infj
Enneagram
People who despite having gone through a lot of negative experiences, still manage to keep it together. Or people who keep their cool under a lot of pressure.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
I tend to run like hell from challenges and challenging people - and I doubt I've ever challenged anyone.

Closest I ever came was hanging out with smart people online. It was good for me, but never again. :p

In more general terms of "challenging to deal with" - that would be your super-outgoing types who are really eager to be friends. Please leave me alone...please?

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh I forgot...People who invent stories to make me laugh. And if they do it with me they generally know it will work. :D

I used to be angry with such a behaviour for the sake of truth. Today I have changed a lot on that point, I think if someone uses his own/her own imagination to make me laugh it is a gift.

Kas

Fabula rasa
People who are smarter than me, more brave, more advanturous, more talented, know what they want (any of these or others). I become friends often with people who challenge me. They motivate me and make my life more interesting.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
those who can move mentally and physically faster than I do when things go wrong... it's fantastic! :holy:

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Honestly, no one cos I don't let them. I'm kind of averse to taking on challenges from people. I think I have a belief that I can challenge myself when I want so I don't need anyone to do it for me, but tbh idk if that's true.

People that are very disciplined toward a goal that requires taxing effort for long periods of time. I am thinking in particular of Andrew Wiles who in my estimation was transformed by the process of solving Fermat's Last Theorem.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
the people who tell me to do things i don't wanna do and force me to face reality instead of run from it

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse

Okay, just kidding (or maybe not). Mostly upping this thread because I think it's interesting to read other people's responses but I can't come up with a proper answer/example (yet).