• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What kind of people challenge you?

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Nobody. People who used to challenge me positively were people I actually respected and/or loved. I don't respect or love anyone on the planet anymore. The only person who can challenge me is me.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
You are contradicting yourself, noobdy is somebody.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm writing in basic English. Nobody means nobody.
In China (spirituals), in TTC, a master is nobody. Because he sacrifices himself for others, and he finds himself first. Probably like i read, you hero.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Thanks, I am honored. :D

IFPs are outlaws, ETJ are the law.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Blondes. I am challenged by blondes. I was born in the age of Heather Locklear, but came of age with Janie from American Beauty and Jonette from Concrete Blonde. My coming of age socially was the brunette or the redhead. The blonde actually socially represents greed, shallowness, lack of thought, Donald Trump,Panama, Def Leppard and Sun In...like Nazi Germany the blonde came to represent everything wrong with America, and despite Birdy, and Lady Gaga, Donald Trump just won't stop.

I really admire the Countess, though.

Ingrid in grids

Blondes. I am challenged by blondes. I was born in the age of Heather Locklear, but came of age with Janie from American Beauty and Jonette from Concrete Blonde. My coming of age socially was the brunette or the redhead. The blonde actually socially represents greed, shallowness, lack of thought, Donald Trump,Panama, Def Leppard and Sun In...like Nazi Germany the blonde came to represent everything wrong with America, and despite Birdy, and Lady Gaga, Donald Trump just won't stop.

:cry:

Donald Trump is actually a redhead. Then again, I like gingers, and I don't want to group him with them either.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
:cry:

Donald Trump is actually a redhead. Then again, I like gingers, and I don't want to group him with them either.

But blonde. We children of the 1980s, We knew how important to dye your hair red or black as teens...while 80s teens or young adults were often perpetually bleach blond. It came to represent something. Gingers were despised in the 80s according to a 50+ friend of mine. I love the popular music of the 80s and early 90s, and films like Heathers, but it's mostly overall a time of social darkness like for some reason although I used Sun In at age 9, The Trump doing it is an unforgivable VC Andrews conceit I can't overlook. It's like you have to be 40 - to hate Trump properly. We all remember being 5-15 and the culture that spawned his attitude and his wig. I wonder if there's a special aversion among people born in the late 60s through the early 80s.

Trump is the mid to late 80s horror or comedy douche. He's James Spader from Pretty in Pink, except old and ugly and stupid.

It's like if you had an 80s wonderful dream and it became a nightmare, it would be Donald Trump.

I remember my step monster talking about Ivana. Donald Trump was the late 80s douche, even to pre-pubescent children. Anyone who admires him has brain issues.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTj (Alpha), ENTp (Alpha), and other ENFjs (Beta) are the three types that, from within my own circle of accurately-typed friends, are most likely to challenge me (think out-loud with me in a constructive sense) and who are not afraid to say, "@Kheledon, you're full of sh**! It's not like that. It's like this."

I really enjoy my interactions with these three types.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
TJs when they are willing. Can be sort of a controlled exploration thing. Really anyone who is willing to remain consistant, calm, and objective- while also evenhandedly pointing out inaccuries to be worked through and discussed.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Challenged most by myself. Others can inspire me to approach the challenge. People diametrically opposite to myself. People who aren’t afraid to ask hard questions.

When I was choosing what language to learn I based the decision on the culture, syntax, alphabet that I could least relate to. Knowing the difficulty level would keep my mind engaged. Force me to examine/adjust perspectives.

I volunteer at a prison that is within my community. It is for the Criminally Insane (those who have been found not able to exist in the regular prison system due to mental illness). The first person I read with and taught had murdered her children. Something unfathomable and abhorrent to myself. The second one (whom I currently work with) has paranoid ideation and substance issues. Getting to know people - whom I would not normally choose to associate with - as INDIVIDUALS challenges my paradigms.

People who are unloving, judgmental, unmovable or arrogant challenge me in a different way altogether :dry:

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Chatterboxes - why do you go on and on about subjects that aren't important? I'll listen this time but if I see you coming, I'm walking away while pretending I didn't see you next time.

Inconsiderate people - you know....the special snowflakes who talk during movies or bring their little kids, the jerks who answer phones in the elevator or at the library, the lady who requests extra attention from the wait staff (could you bring me a glass of water, extra napkins, more salad dressing, an extra bowl, etc. etc), and dog owners who let their pets poop all over the place.

To the guy/gal who's requesting a 4th refill of the garlic bread.....what's wrong with you?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Edit: Answer with whatever you wish of course, but for myself I meant more in a positive aspect like "Oh that is a challenging idea" or like how a trainer can challenge you to work harder at the gym or what have you
People who are smarter than I am, and/or better at the things I enjoy doing or want to learn.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People who make me feel reactive, seductive people who charm me, super conservative individuals, satanists, people I love, dedicated spiritualists and scholars, cynics, people with very high standards who seem intelligent or wise...artists.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Very creative people, very inspiring people, beautiful people of either outside or inside. I mean I probably should get challenged by very practical people but I don't feel the motivation really. :x

People who use their "mind palace" technique. Definitely want me to challenge how I remember things. Doctors and musicians for sure.

Fate

Most people who have this friendly sarcastic way of socializing (like teasing), I don't hate them but I struggle to get along with these people as I am easily annoyed/offended.