• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and Dreams

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
This post has been eaten twice now so maybe the third time is the charm?

HELLO FOLKS. I want to know if there are correlations between MBTI and how a person experiences their dreams. By dreams, I mean the sensory hallucinations you experience while lying down with your eyes closed and magically recharging your body, not those silly goals and aspirations things. :p It will probably be a Pi/Pe focus.

So here's what I want to know in this completely unscientific, impromptu questionnaire whose answers I still don't know what I'm going to do with :D :

What's your MBTI type?

How often/well do you remember your dreams? Do you keep a dream journal, and if so, does it help?

How would you describe the typical sensory experiences of your dreams? ex: "I dream in full color, I can distinguish voices and music, sometimes I feel things like hot/cold, pain, etc."

What are some recurring themes/symbols/scenarios in your dreams? How do they relate to the real world experiences going on around the time of the dream?

Can you recall how you normally feel in your dreams?

Feel free to add more information as you see fit.

Here are my answers:

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What's your MBTI type?

ISTJ

How often/well do you remember your dreams? Do you keep a dream journal, and if so, does it help?

Some of them I remember vividly. Others I forget after I wake up. I think I go through phases where I remember multiple dreams in a row, and then go back to forgetting them all. I once tried to keep a dream journal when I was 13, but I was too lazy to write in it. Especially right after I woke up.

How would you describe the typical sensory experiences of your dreams? ex: "I dream in full color, I can distinguish voices and music, sometimes I feel things like hot/cold, pain, etc."

I dream in color, can hear voices. The only physical thing I feel is motions, like walking or running.

What are some recurring themes/symbols/scenarios in your dreams? How do they relate to the real world experiences going on around the time of the dream?

Now that I think of it people always tend to be going somewhere in my dreams, usually running away. I've had two dream with fictional characters. One where Grell (the butler version) was trying to hide because they murdered someone. And one where Kite took my sister and I to an anime convention.

In 6th grade I remember a dream where two of the Greek Gods, I think Hades and Poseidon were running in an open field, and climbed up a tree house and slid down a slide. I also had a another tree where I climbed up a treehouse and slide down a side. I don't remember anything else from that dream.

I don't recall feeling any emotions if that's what you mean. The only thing I've felt after I woke up was disturbed.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What's your MBTI type?
ISFJ.

I don't remember them all too often, not unless I think about it immediately after waking up and trying to recall all of the details while they're fresh. Writing it down helps, but must be done as soon as I wake up. But I haven't kept a dream journal in a long time. When I did, it did help me to recall them more because it became a habit to write them down as soon as I woke up. Now, whether or not I remember my dreams depends on how much of an impact it left on me, and how much time I spend thinking about it after waking up.

Yes, I dream in color. I also dream in first person. Sensory experiences like feeling, smelling, etc. don't really happen. Just seeing and hearing mostly. When I try to recall my dreams after waking up, they seem kind of blurry or fuzzy (visually). However, on the few occasions where I have been lucid dreaming and realizing I was in a dream, it struck me just how vividly real everything looked. The exact same as real life.

It's always the weirdest shit. I have had more than one dream where I've given birth to kittens lmao.

I haven't noticed many common themes in my dreams because they're all just very weird and random. I also don't notice much of a connection between my dreams and what's been going on in my waking life beyond a few small details occasionally. Although I can recall a few dreams that all had the common "theme" of me being in danger and someone close to me rescuing me. Even then they are all quite different, though (ex. one dream being post-apocalyptic, one being about a mall shooting, etc).

Oh wait, I can think of one. Sometimes when I'm sleeping, I have dreams that I fall through the ground. There's this glitch in my copy of the game Oblivion where in a certain part of the map between two towns, there's a giant hole and you can just fall into the nothingness. It's kind of like that in my dreams. I fall through the ground and underneath it just kind of looks like sky or an endless pit.

Oh, yes. This is and always will be the most vivid/real part of my dreams, the part that lasts long after I've woken up, the part that remains even after the imagery has started to fade. I've had dreams where I was mortified and embarrassed and it's haunted me throughout my waking life the rest of that day. I've had dreams where I was terrified and scared and just wanted to run away and hide and cry and it upset me long after I woke. I've had dreams where I felt more joy than I may have ever felt in my life because my parents started buying me hormones, and I was shattered when I woke up and it wasn't real. I've had dreams where I felt so intensely loved and cared for by another human being, so at one with them, that when I woke up only to realize they weren't real, I felt like crying because it felt more like they had died. I've had dreams where I am the sole caregiver to children, animals, what have you and loved them so ferociously and intensely that when I wake up, I sometimes smile and wonder "how they're doing" in the dream world. I've had dreams where the person I care about the most has been seriously hurt and hospitalized and I strongly remember the feeling of having a panic attack mid-dream.

And when I wake up, these strong feelings--when they have impacted me enough for me to remember the dream upon waking and feel the need to reflect on it--I carry them with me throughout the day, sometimes days after. I'm still thinking about my dream babies from the night before last. I loved them so much even though I'm glad I woke up and have no actual children. But in the moment, in that dream, they were so important to me that I can still feel it even right now.

á´…eparted

passages
What's your MBTI type?

ENFJ 1w2 (see signature)

When I wake up, I remember what I dreamed 90% of the time, and about 60% of the content. However, unless I dwell or reflect on it for a period of time, I won't remember it anymore unless the dream was very vivid and significant. I don't keep a dream journal as it seems like a waste of time, as the big dreams I simply remember. Despite that, I don't actually forget dreams. Something irl can trigger remember a dream I had never reflected on before, and will also have a good sense of what time in my life I had the dream.

I've always struggled to describe this, but I would say color, but psychic. Meaning, sounds aren't actively heard, they are felt. I'll see someone move their mouth, but sounds don't come out, I sort of "feel" what they said in my head without any words. Only very strong important statements come up as words usually. I don't really get too many physical sensations either. Basically all sensory input is this strange intutively understood "sense" that is one stepped removed from actually experiencing it. The only thing that isn't is visuals. However, my visuals will very frequently jump from first, to second, to third person view. Essentially it's a camera that attaches itself to various locations, which may or may not be my head.

The only time I experience pain in a dream, is if I am experiencing pain in real life (i.e. I start getting nauseous in my sleep, or badly have to pee).

The only noteworthy thing, is if I enter an elevator in a dream, it instantly becomes VERY vivid, and I will 100% remember the dream, and everything follow that is intense/significant. Another noteworthy thing is if I fall off something high, when I hit the ground, I bounce.

Oh yes that's easy. Emotional recall and vibe is the easiest part, but also the hardest to explain to others.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't often remember them. When I do, I had several dreams and at first I can remember glimpses of them, but as I start my day, the memory sometimes disappears. In dreams I don't think there is any real sensation, except perhaps colour and sound. I noticed that dreams often involve something I was thinking about just that day, or before I went to sleep. Recently one of mt dreams reminded me of a (bad) memory that I had forgotten. It doesn't look the same, it was the sound, that gave me a memory flashback. Sometimes my dreams seem to have nothing to do with what I was doing recently; or they seem to be the events of my day all happening at once, becoming a story based on those mixed up events. Which makes sense, because that is what the brain is doing while you sleep - it is filtering information. A psychology student told me about that. Feelings seem to be more obvious when I wake up, although I think I actually feel content during many of my dreams, but still, everything is vague.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I sometimes think about the MBTI, in my dreams.

Cowardly

deactivated
What's your MBTI type?
INTJ.

I remember a good portion of my dreams. I don't believe I'm better or worse at remembering them than other people.

I don't keep a dream journal: though I think it might be interesting, I just can't bother.

They usually have a dark, ominous tone. I can't recall most details, especially after a time, but I can certainly remember the atmosphere.

My dreams usually reflect my current life situation or interest, with a dose of the supernatural. For example, not long ago I dreamed someone developed a programming language that could control the spirits of dead.

Yes, especially right after I wake up. I don't usually feel very relaxed in my dreams -- there's always some sort of angst. Not very nice.

Last edited:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know I'm interrupting the format of these responses but I believe the knowledge you may find is that it is going to be very polar. So if you believe that dreams have no special significance, well it's just as random for every type. But if you're a strong Jungian believer of dreams. Then...

INFJ's are your #1 choice, serious.

But should it be any different, well your interpretation is really just going to explain the results could be really just rehashed or quite dry data but only based on this forum.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1. What's your MBTI type?
- ENTP

2. How often/well do you remember your dreams? Do you keep a dream journal, and if so, does it help?
- I usually do remember, but it's either the general idea or tiny details and not everything. a lot of the time I'll wake up and remember, or I'll forget it until later on in the day. I used to keep a dream journal in middle school but wasn't detailed enough in how I described the dreams so if I were to look back on what I wrote down I'd probably know what I was talking about and form a rough mental image of the dream but not much else.

3. How would you describe the typical sensory experiences of your dreams? ex: "I dream in full color, I can distinguish voices and music, sometimes I feel things like hot/cold, pain, etc."
- I want to say I dream in full color but I'm not sure. There is color, but it's faded. I hear stuff and can distinguish music and sounds but I don't know if I can differentiate voices. One time during a dream I felt like I had to pee but when I woke up the sheets were dry and I didn't still have to go. There have been a handful of other times where there's been sensation but it's sort of a rare for me.

4. What are some recurring themes/symbols/scenarios in your dreams? How do they relate to the real world experiences going on around the time of the dream?
- People from school, being in a rush, being in large buildings, and being places I feel like I've been before but can't put my finger on what it is, where it is, or what I've been there for. I used to dream about tigers quite a bit. If I see something in real life I might see it in a dream, but it doesn't always happen. Other than that there's not too much correlation between real life and dreaming.

5. Can you recall how you normally feel in your dreams?
- generally I'm scared or sad, but there's some where I don't feel at all and those are actually the good ones because that's when cool shit happens

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I know I'm interrupting the format of these responses but I believe the knowledge you may find is that it is going to be very polar. So if you believe that dreams have no special significance, well it's just as random for every type. But if you're a strong Jungian believer of dreams. Then...

INFJ's are your #1 choice, serious.

But should it be any different, well your interpretation is really just going to explain the results could be really just rehashed or quite dry data but only based on this forum.

I like this response. :D Seriously. Don't feel bad for breaking the response pattern.

I haven't read up on Jungian theory of dreams (nor have I read much Freud though I have The Interpretation of Dreams Google Book as a bookmark on my browser). But I have some hypotheses and I suppose it wouldn't hurt to share them.

I had sort of figured that these would be more strongly correlated with NF types since they tend to seem more like the floaty types that might feel this way about dreams. You mentioned INFJ - they have (inferior) Se in their stack so I'm curious how that manifests itself. Also, their Ni-dom probably makes symbolism and implications much clearer to them, while Fe suggests that they might want to care about it. (I have a hard time imagining INTJs caring much about it from a Te perspective, maybe just a bit from Fi.) In the meantime, Si users probably have much more vivid (sensory) dreams. Of course, I could be wrong about all of this. But I guess that's what I'm here to find out.

I also tried to stay away from the "how is this dream meaningful to me" kind of questions but I didn't know how else to access the Ni/Ne aspects of dreaming. It doesn't help that I'm pretty sure I'm more sensory-oriented so I'm more prone to understand those kinds of answers. I'm trying to stay balanced. But I don't think that you necessarily need to think your dreams are important (beyond a "they're an important part of a well-balanced diet I mean REM cycle" attitude) to answer these questions.

I think dreams probably have more to do with introverted functions, so that's what I tried to address in the questions. I also tried to include some Ji/Je questions in there but I had no idea how to address some, for example Ti or Te. I didn't ask anything about the T functions at all; I guess I'm hoping for some kind of insight of how T plays a role in your dreams. I think in mine, Ti keeps Fe in its little corner by going, "Oh hey, what are you doing and can I watch?" even as something that might be much more traumatic in the waking world is happening in the real world. I do know that shadow Fi sometimes hangs around in mine, sometimes more than Fe.

Discussion beyond the questions is good.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like this response. :D Seriously. Don't feel bad for breaking the response pattern.

I haven't read up on Jungian theory of dreams (nor have I read much Freud though I have The Interpretation of Dreams Google Book as a bookmark on my browser). But I have some hypotheses and I suppose it wouldn't hurt to share them.

I had sort of figured that these would be more strongly correlated with NF types since they tend to seem more like the floaty types that might feel this way about dreams. You mentioned INFJ - they have (inferior) Se in their stack so I'm curious how that manifests itself. Also, their Ni-dom probably makes symbolism and implications much clearer to them, while Fe suggests that they might want to care about it. (I have a hard time imagining INTJs caring much about it from a Te perspective, maybe just a bit from Fi.) In the meantime, Si users probably have much more vivid (sensory) dreams. Of course, I could be wrong about all of this. But I guess that's what I'm here to find out.

I also tried to stay away from the "how is this dream meaningful to me" kind of questions but I didn't know how else to access the Ni/Ne aspects of dreaming. It doesn't help that I'm pretty sure I'm more sensory-oriented so I'm more prone to understand those kinds of answers. I'm trying to stay balanced. But I don't think that you necessarily need to think your dreams are important (beyond a "they're an important part of a well-balanced diet I mean REM cycle" attitude) to answer these questions.

I think dreams probably have more to do with introverted functions, so that's what I tried to address in the questions. I also tried to include some Ji/Je questions in there but I had no idea how to address some, for example Ti or Te. I didn't ask anything about the T functions at all; I guess I'm hoping for some kind of insight of how T plays a role in your dreams. I think in mine, Ti keeps Fe in its little corner by going, "Oh hey, what are you doing and can I watch?" even as something that might be much more traumatic in the waking world is happening in the real world. I do know that shadow Fi sometimes hangs around in mine, sometimes more than Fe.

Discussion beyond the questions is good.

I find many T types irl tell me that they don't dream really or care to see it. I think it's a lie because I caught one of them saying "In my dream last night..." haha. This guy was so shocked, the conversation just ended lol :p Which I think is more mature than.. denying it. Another T type told me that dreams are pretty meh/doesn't have them.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
What's your MBTI type?

ISTx, I'm 50/50 on the J/P dichotomy. I have Ti in some form but I can't relate to most ISTPs, only to a minority. (Even less to Ne, though, so INTP isn't an option.) According to others, I supposedly seem to have Te along with the Ti.

I remember them easily if I want to. I used to have a dream journal for a short time, worked fine. Sometimes a bit of an old dream flashes into my awareness years later too.

Basically same as during the day. Same amount of colours, etc, with most of the focus on spatial stuff. Yeah, pain or whatever other tactile stuff also possible. Your dreams are described as more vivid, though, wow :shock:

For me it's only really vivid when it's an emotion (rare). Otherwise, as I said, usually the same default perceptions as during the day but not as vivid as when I get engaged with something physical when awake. (Hope I managed to explain this well enough.) There are exceptions though, I can get engaged in the dreams too, example below.

Wandering in different landscapes, unrelated to real life. The fun thing is, when I'm awake, I can hardly think of a place I have not actually seen before, but in my dreams my brain gets creative. They are not too unrealistic spaces though.

Haha you mention flying, it happens too, I had a lucid dream only once and I instantly decided to go jump up and fly. ;)

I liked this one once - in real life I was relearning to bike after not doing it for one and a half decades. I could do the movements, those did not get totally forgotten, but it required extra focus and I was not feeling very confident on the bike unlike when I was a kid. Then later I dreamt that I was biking down a rough path downhill in the woods and I could feel myself balance effortlessly. I could truly be inside the movements and feel them. Next time I went to do biking I was much better :blink:

Same as usual - not much (emotional detachment like yours). But lately a few times I did have pretty strong emotions in dreams, that was interesting...

Right now I'm caught between ISTP and INTP. All the dichotomy tests suggest ISTP, but I'm not sure how well I relate to Se-aux as opposed to Si-tert. (I'm opposed to the idea that I'm ISXJ because my Je functions are rather underdeveloped.)

OT, but how do you relate to Se vs Si? Just curious.

I find many T types irl tell me that they don't dream really or care to see it. I think it's a lie because I caught one of them saying "In my dream last night..." haha. This guy was so shocked, the conversation just ended lol :p Which I think is more mature than.. denying it. Another T type told me that dreams are pretty meh/doesn't have them.

I'm a T type and I do remember dreams easily enough. I don't analyze them though. Usually they don't have a meaning that I could see, if they do, it's easy to figure it out, it's not very hidden. Idk about hidden ones, I'm skeptical about that. I did wonder though why my dreams are so often about wandering around on various landscapes but I think it's just due to my strong spatial orientation that I have by default.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love talking about dreams! LET'S DO THIS.

What's your MBTI type?
INFJ. (Actual stacking seems to be Ni > Se > Fe > Ti, though all are in good use.)

I remember my dreams regularly, if not daily, though their vividness steadily increases or becomes magnified when I actually dedicate time to the upkeep of a dream journal. I do have one, because the dreams themselves are fun to write about and I find my symbols rather telling. Writing helps to flesh things out, allowing me to dig deeper or unlock memories I'd otherwise buried. The science of sleep is generally quite fascinating to me.

I don't keep the journal as devoutly as I would like to. I always kind of go at it in bursts of interest ("I'm totally doing this right now, this is my thing this week, it's gonna be AWESOME!") and then find that my daily demands and personal projects make it quite a challenge to manage. So I do what I can, and it does indeed help with dream recall/increases the frequency of lucid experiences.

My dreams are almost always in color; I think I had one dream in black and white, just once, and then another when I was really young that began in full color but transitioned to a kind of sepia tone after an event occurred. Other than that, it's full color.

I hear voices and music as if they were really there, though sometimes I feel as if thoughts are being intuited, becoming language in my mind before the character in my dream speaks them out loud, or sometimes in lieu of said character actually vocalizing their thoughts. Generally, sound is quite present; sometimes I'll wake up with full songs looping in my head, thanks to hearing them loudly in the dream like some kind of soundtrack presence.

I have physical sensations in my dreams, even the regular ones, but it's somewhat limited to things like feeling a center of gravity, being hungry, sensing objects in my hands, knowing that I have to pee, etc.

Once I become lucid, however, the doors are blown off and I can feel everything as if it were really happening to me. I also gain a sense of smell. I'll experience the wind through my hair, the sweat on my neck, the smell of rain, the cool air on my skin, etc. All of it becomes very, very sharp. One of the biggest kicks that happens after stepping through that lucid gateway is the color palette - a lot of primaries pop, and the whole scene takes on a vividness that feels like a hot, idealized travelogue. Basically, everything looks gorgeous and enticing, even though some scenes might contain unpleasant content.

If sex happens in a lucid dream - or even a regular dream, just before waking - then I will absolutely feel everything there, as well, which is pretty neat.

The biggest symbol for me is the presence of severe weather, specifically tornadoes. This is very common, ranging from about once a month to a couple times a week. Generally the more anxious and uncertain I am, in a suppressed kind of way, the more likely I am to get a tornado.

I don't fear them, exactly, even though they're a problem. It's like I'm sort of willfully embracing the chaos, even pursuing it, turning it into something pleasurable, like an adrenaline rush or the grim comfort of knowing in my guts what waits for me eventually. I get the same kind of jitters I get from boarding a plane at 5 am - a trip somewhere exciting while the rest of the world sleeps.

Trains, empty/desolate urban environments, hockey, airports, and sex are also quite common. Interpersonal interactions are big, too, with characters stepping into scenes at first absurd, then easily-interpreted, reflecting personal dilemmas and feelings I may have about complex problems.

Sometimes I'll come back to entire fictional maps in my head - places I forget about until I dream them again. There are very eerie sensations of deja vu with these, like an actual place has been built by my subconscious, a place that is maintained during my waking hours so that I can revisit it again later.

My dreams almost never leave the impression of being random or meaningless.

Yes. My dreams leave emotional residue, but I very rarely get the feeling of being in a nightmare. There's usually a sense of the unknown - something to be discovered, played with - that keeps everything interesting at the very least.

Once though, a few years ago now, I had a tornado dream that pretty much just dealt with the aftermath, and seemed little to do with myself. I dreamed that I was walking alone through a destroyed foundation - broken plumbing fixtures everywhere, shredded heaps of lumber tossed in piles, stains of water having flooded the cement walls of a basement. A couple flickering lights, hanging nonsensically by threads. From a pile of debris crawled a very small child, and I understood in a horrifically visceral sense that she was dead. It wasn't frightening at all - I just felt an overwhelming crash of sadness, and I knelt and hugged her and kept apologizing on behalf of the universe. I woke up with, "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry this happened to you," ringing in my head.

Two weeks after that, there was the rash of tornadoes that slammed into Oklahoma - including the Moore beastie - and I just felt sick to my stomach all over again.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
What's your MBTI type?
INFJ

I dream a lot when I' wearing a nicotine patch and I always remember those dreams, which are very vivid. Otherwise I tend not to remember dreaming at all. I don't keep a journal, but wish I did, because one of the things that I've always done in dreams is watch someone else's hand, writing letters and words. In the dream I can see the words being written, though at that time, I'm not trying to make any sense of them. If I kept a journal, perhaps that would be something interesting to look at when I woke up, but I'm usually just too tired write something down in the middle of my sleep.

I do dream in color and of course, recognize people I know in dreams. I don't remember distinguishing voices, but I must hear them because I remember what people say to me. I remember atmosphere. And I do feel motion in dreams.

A lot of art stuff. Fine art, illustration, performance art. And now I'm paying a lot more attention to dreams because a lot of the time they're prophetic. For example, I met a guy and really didn't know anything about him at all at the time, and a few weeks later I dreamed that he was an illustrator for graphic novels and comics. Turns out all of that was actually true. But how could I have known that at the time of the dream. And another dream I had was that my sister was Britney Spears...

In a lot of the dreams I have, I can feel frustration. Other times, especially nightmares I can feel horrified or sickened. But I also have a lot pf pleasant dreams with pleasant feelings.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's your MBTI Type ISFP

How Often/Well do you remember your dreams? Do you keep a dream journal? I remember them if I sleep more restlessly or if I've gotten lots of sleep and then sleep lightly while still staying in bed (it's my understanding dreaming is when you're not in deep sleep, anyway). I don't remember them too well, though I may remember them right after waking up, but quickly forget them as the day progresses. Sometimes something later on in the day will trigger a memory of a dream, though. Re memory, I have a handful of dreams - imagery/feelings experienced within the dreams, or settings - that I remember throughout the years. But those are very rare. I don't keep a dream journal.

How would you describe the typical sensory experiences? Well, if I'm actually able to remember dreams / am aware of them, they're typically lucid, so the sensory experiences are pretty real. I agree with another poster, lucid dreaming sex is awesome - I'll actually orgasm in the dream, sometimes, which is, well, obviously great, lol. Some of my dreams, though fairly rare, have been pretty other-worldly in terms of color, more fantasy-like, but most I think are just 'normal' color. I had a black and white dream in my youth that was kind of terrifying, actually, as it was sort of an apocalypse humans-destroyed-the-earth 'vision' (for lack of a better word), and it's pretty much the only dream I've ever written down, and it's one of only two where I had a bit of a feeling of doom/horror.

What are some recurring themes/symbols/scenarios? Well... in the past I too have had tornado dreams, though they're never scary for me, really, because I always 'know' I'll survive. I might watch them coming at me, or move through the cityscape to get away from them, or whatnot, or watch them as they're coming in, but yeah, it's never 'scary'. In fact I am not sure I've had an actual nightmare besides a few as a child. I even died once, in a dream, which was really bizarre to me, but it wasn't scary to me and then I think I just started a new dream or something, lol. Always assumed it was a sign of some type of real-life stressor.

Another dream that occurs occasionally is the common 'running away from bad guys' dream -- I actually think those dreams are kind of fun, though, because I weave in and out of neighborhoods and hide and essentially I always feel like I 'know' I'll be fine. Perhaps it's lucid in a sense, if I feel that way.

The most recent recurring dream, which started a year or two, which I find highly unpleasant, it's actually probably the most uncomfortable dream I ever have, is having a neverending stash of gum in my mouth, that I keep having to reach in and try to get out. It's bizarre. All I can assume is if dreams are communicating something 'deeper' to us, it must be some feeling that I'm not voicing my true self enough, or not speaking enough, or something along those lines. But in terms of sensory, I feel all of that, gum being stuck, pulling it out, it still being in there, bleh.

I used to have some flying dreams, which were awesome, and sometimes associated with 'bad guy' scenarios and getting away that way; but not always. Haven't had one in a while though.

Can you recall how you feel? I don't know. Immediately upon waking, I'm sure I can. But it quickly fades, and like I said, there are only a few dreams where there's been a lasting impression. Most of my dreams are either 'fun' or pleasant...with exception of stupid gum scenario, lolz.

Last edited:
MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. ESFP

2. Yes I own a "journal of dreams" from the age of 16 when I was looking for a deep meaning in a boring life. I often remember them, mainly when I'm trying to solve a problem in my life or to understand the meaning of something or when I must take an important decision. In periods of change it works better because I feel preoccupied with the answer(s) I wanna find.

3. Everything is important within the dream. But communication and words are part of symbolism so this is what I wish to remember when I note them down.

4. I actually focus on my relationship with people or on travelling. I can very often been left alone in my dreams, or leave a group of people alone because I feel bored or in danger.
When I feel trapped it very often means I must solve a problem or let drop a relationship. When I protect a child or I meet a wild animal that is nice to me or an "impressive monster" that does not hurt me I need to feel reassured or to isolate myself from my actual surrounding. I also have visions. I am sure our unconscious already knows what is good for us. 1 month ago I was dreaming of a girl who was part of a band years ago. I wake up/ In the morning I decide to go for a walk near by the sea (far from my home), and who am I falling on ? That girl ! We talked for 10 minutes then I went my way wondering "what the hell does that mean". I think it is a connexion of energies, something we can't really understand or master with the reason only... Because that happened to me a second time one week later...

5. I can understand everything. I am hyperlucide. I can guess what people will do or what they feel. A bit like in concrete life but... with a 6th sense I feel in touch with.
It is never painful, unless I'm facing a situation of betrayal or of danger.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What's your MBTI type?
Undecided, InFP?

I usually remember my dreams, mostly because I typically wake up very confused. I don't keep a dream journal, I want to though.

Ummmmmmmm, I can feel pain, hear, read with difficulty and remember it, dream in color and talk.

A recurring one that I've had since I was little is a scenario where I jump down from the top of a staircase but instead of falling, I fly down. I have this constant thing were I misname things too, like one time I walked past a large duck and was like it's a cassawari! I've also had this wierd thing where I would go to places I've never been to in real life and months later would discover that it's actually a real life place and go there, and I've predicted things months in advance and have had dreams that predict the events of the next day. I also ask if it's a dream in my dreams and then people assault me:shock:, or I do nothing with that question.

In my dreams? Hmmmm, a light, fuzzy feeling? I don't remember the feelings, I remember the events. I typically wake up either mildly amused, confused, or weirded out.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
A recurring one that I've had since I was little is a scenario where I jump down from the top of a staircase but instead of falling, I fly down.

Cool! Since childhood you've had this dream? Even cooler! Those dreams are the best, aren't they? I rarely dream that I can fly, but I have had dreams of being able to stay suspended in air for quite a while, like if I leap, I travel forward in the air like irl, only higher and much slower. Love those kinds of dreams!

Fate

// Necessary bump incoming...

What's your MBTI type?
INTP. <- This is not restricted.

Rarely. The more recent, the more I remember, which I guess is common. And no, I don't keep a dream journal but it's an interesting idea.

Full color. Things (in sight) are happening extremely fast. I'm often curious of what would happen next in that dream after I woke up.

Don't know about recurring themes/etc...
Sometimes, my dreams predict the future (no kidding); maybe sometimes, they're not that accurate (I don't know). There were times where dreams hinted to me (or just my interpretation) what I'm currently feeling (like feeling lost or confused) in real-life.

Don't remember. Anxious? Terrified? Curious? Fascinated? Depends on the dream.

Also, just thought I'd share this: