• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What have you done 10,000 times?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
10,000 repeats is the number to reach high skill level in something, by some accounts. What have you done at least 10,000 times? What if you've done 100,000 of something?

I've..
-played 10,000+ games of warcraft III
-lived 10,000 days (am I a pro in living now? Probably not so.)
-placed at least 60,000 telephone calls. Might be 80,000. I'm not sure. Probably not 100,000.
-edited much more than 100,000 lines of program code
-said at least a sentence to 10,000 people
-wrote at least 10,000 lines of text by hand to all my notebooks. Might go over 100,000
-practiced voice acting, pronouncing something, or something similar at least 10,000 times, if short moments count
-drank at least 10,000 bewerages

Then there's obvious things giving numbers much higher than 10,000, including but not limited to: speaking a word, having a thought, opening a door, etc. Some of these might run in the millions. I don't think that most people who've had a million thoughts count as genius.

I don't know what it means to me, but what have you done at least 10,000 times?

Extra: do you think this tells something of you, maybe in terms of MBTI or some other personality system?

Permabanned
ur mom

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Written my name, walked through my bedroom door, chewed gum, walked into school and then back out (not right in and then back out), cracked any joint in my body, put my hair up/played with it, used a computer/phone/TV/calculator, sang any given note with the intention of actually hitting the right note

All if I had to take a rough estimate, probably :huh:

Then technically like blinked, utilized restroom facilities, sneezed, coughed and other bodily functions that you do on a regular basis because clearly I've done it more than that many times but still that's like saying you've lived through one day even if you've already made it for over 12 years

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
well... when I smoked I smoked over 10,000 cigarettes in that time span and I was damned good at that (have since quit)

also doing mental math... my dad started my sister on that really early and she always backed out of it because she hates math, but I always thought that it was a fun game and I still like to do my math mentally before grabbing a calculator... I'm right almost all of the time and it tends to disturb people :devil:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have breathed 10,000 breaths.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
also doing mental math... my dad started my sister on that really early and she always backed out of it because she hates math, but I always thought that it was a fun game and I still like to do my math mentally before grabbing a calculator... I'm right almost all of the time and it tends to disturb people :devil:
You must've memorized things, like powers of two. 2^16 = 65536 and such. Maybe tables like multiplying a digit by two other digits? Does a system come easily to help with all the calculations?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You must've memorized things, like powers of two. 2^16 = 65536 and such. Maybe tables like multiplying a digit by two other digits? Does a system come easily to help with all the calculations?

I can easily tell you that I clicked my mouse over 10,000 times.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I can easily tell you that I clicked my mouse over 10,000 times.
With or without euphenisms? No need to answer! The kind of of mouse clicks we do in public rate at about 10,000 a day in the busiest times. At least I would guess so.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
10,000+ mistakes just by using a phone keyboard (this frustrates me. Especially since my phone lags so that by the time I see the mistake I've already typed the entire sentence and to go back would just be an unnecessary waste of time... God I hate touch screen keyboards. >~<)
cracking knuckles/wrists (like Hitoshi-San. It's a mindless but necessary activity.)
shitted in my bathroom, and other bodily functions.
Kept my Virginity 10,000 times
Thought about destroying the above 10,000 times, and then felt disappointed 10,000 times following that.
Encountered and killed 10,000+ Pokemon (not sure it's possible not to o.0)
Clicked this cookie 10000 times (25,271 actually, as of now.)
Changed leg positions (I can't be comfortable. It's just not something I can do.)

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
BEAT ME TO IT. :mad:

I'm sure I've played guitar over 10,000 times (not well, but it's the attempt that matters here, right?!). I've been playing for about 12 years. TWELVE. That feels and sounds like an eternity to me.