• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do people have the patience to write ridculously long posts?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
this isn't a criticsm but rater a legit inquiry. I mean nothing against you people who do this, I just want to know where the patience to write a 5 paragraph well written coherent post comes from. I can maybe do a paragraph then it turns to gobbly gook or forget where I'm going with my thought so i have to make something up or just stop.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
if i were typed by patience id be pure chaotic energy of the iNuitive realm, Ne.

And um... no idea, I wanna hear what others have to say.

I'm sure if I periodically came back to an idea and kept at the editing, a somewhat coherent paragraph that seemingly had taken a bit of effort to write might form eventually. (I think the longest post I've ever made was something really stupid... a thread about Elder Scrolls. ;P)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I am just a verbose person with a lot to say and a very strong urge to get it out of my system.

but how do you remember with out being distracted? not distracted perse.

á´…eparted

passages
but how do you remember with out being distracted?

I'm not sure I could explain in a satisfying manner. When I decide I want to write a post, what I want to say sorta just pops in my head fully formed and it is just a matter of getting it down. It isn't always linear. Sometimes I write sentances out of order. It is not challanging for me to focus and block distraction. If I am in a state where I can't prevent that, I very likely will only read.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm not sure I could explain in a satisfying manner. When I decide I want to write a post, what I want to say sorta just pops in my head fully formed and it is just a matter of getting it down. It isn't always linear. Sometimes I write sentances out of order. It is not challanging for me to focus and block distraction. If I am in a state where I can't prevent that, I very likely will only read.

yeah see the full thought starts out in my head and as i'm writing i'll forget it sometimes mid sentence and i can not at all remember where i was going. so it ends up being a lot shorter or going in a totally different direction. maybe this is more a question about memory than patience. :shrug: I don't expect people to give me memory btw.

á´…eparted

passages
yeah see the full thought starts out in my head and as i'm writing i'll forget it sometimes mid sentence and i can not at all remember where i was going. so it ends up being a lot shorter or going in a totally different direction. maybe this is more a question about memory than patience. :shrug: I don't expect people to give me memory btw.

My memory is very strong, so it could be a factor.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
this isn't a criticsm but rater a legit inquiry. I mean nothing against you people who do this, I just want to know where the patience to write a 5 paragraph well written coherent post comes from. I can maybe do a paragraph then it turns to gobbly gook or forget where I'm going with my thought so i have to make something up or just stop.

My ideas and concepts are pretty focused so it doesn't take anything for me to do it. When I rewrite and edit my idea and concept is still focused and it's just a matter of rereading. I can have 2 parallel thought processes also that don't overlap. I can write on while ignoring the second. Second is usually "related" things. If I feel like being a smart ass or such I follow my related path and detour from main which is like crossing 2 ideas that are somewhat inter-related, but not completely.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I don't always write long post... but when I do...

it's because I really do have something important to say.

I don't know how to describe it. I mean, I only seriously pipe up on the forum if I want to correct people.

Normally, it starts off with me being annoyed with misinformation or feeling like something seriously needs to be said (because I know for sure that something is amiss). Sometimes I can say it few words, but I don't really trust people to get what I am saying (not that what I am saying is really hard to get), but some people don't think or can't think as critically as I think they should. They just take the information they "like" or information that has been fed to them without really thinking about it... and then they run with it. Sometimes you gotta hit them over the head with logic... so I feel like I have to spell out my logic for them.

WHICH TAKES A SHIT TON OF TIME. But whatever. I just need to be sure that I copy all of it because I don't want what I say to be eaten up by the Internet lol.

I know this may sound conceited and I could be wrong about people not getting things, but I personally feel like this happens.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
somethings my memory is excellent at others not so much.

That's how mine is...it's hit or miss and I can't rely on it completely, but when it does work it's crazy the details I remember.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
My ideas and concepts are pretty focused so it doesn't take anything for me to do it. When I rewrite and edit my idea and concept is still focused and it's just a matter of rereading. I can have 2 parallel thought processes also that don't overlap. I can write on while ignoring the second. Second is usually "related" things. If I feel like being a smart ass or such I follow my related path and detour from main which is like crossing 2 ideas that are somewhat inter-related, but not completely.

hmm :thinking: if i have two paralell thoughts i usually end getting distracted by the 2nd and forget the first. i tend to suck at multi tasking more than the average person, so that could be a factor.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

lol, I just find it to be too much effort. Ironically, I type out long SMS messages 60%-70% of the time in order to prevent miscommunication.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
hmm :thinking: if i have two paralell thoughts i usually end getting distracted by the 2nd and forget the first. i tend to suck at multi tasking more than the average person, so that could be a factor.

I don't lose either. My son does what you do and I don't know if it helps or not, but I can follow the second without losing the first and if need be for stuff like homework redirect him back. Bad thing is that I can create the second path for him as well and then I have to get him back on track. I have always been able to multitask since I was little. I actually have a very disorganized and spastic brain, somehow I have just managed to keep track of it all and use it for my benefit. It's like taking a single path and multi threading it instantly and then just picking and choosing which path I wanna jump down and when with my mind still on the goal...which is funny because I am not goal oriented at all. Usually when people watch me work I spin them in circles or the just watch in awe because it apparently creates a complex fluidity of motion and stuff. I don't know...it's just how I work.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
lol, I just find it to be too much effort. Ironically, I type out long SMS messages 60%-70% of the time in order to prevent miscommunication.

Usually when i text I'm making plans and i get excited and end up being long as well i don't text without reason.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't lose either. My son does what you do and I don't know if it helps or not, but I can follow the second without losing the first and if need be for stuff like homework redirect him back. Bad thing is that I can create the second path for him as well and then I have to get him back on track. I have always been able to multitask since I was little. I actually have a very disorganized and spastic brain, somehow I have just managed to keep track of it all and use it for my benefit. It's like taking a single path and multi threading it instantly and then just picking and choosing which path I wanna jump down and when with my mind still on the goal...which is funny because I am not goal oriented at all. Usually when people watch me work I spin them in circles or the just watch in awe because it apparently creates a complex fluidity of motion and stuff. I don't know...it's just how I work.
yeah i tend to be very deliberate and methodical when i work it's like i need to do this thos what I'm going to do but if you talk to me I'll forget and be mad at you

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Usually when i text I'm making plans and i get excited and end up being long as well i don't text without reason.

Same here. Usually with long posts, I feel rather neutral about 80% of the content and might respond to the parts that I find amusing or don't quite understand.

SilentWave

MBTI Type
I?F?
Generally speaking, I can write a lot of if I have a lot to say about the topic, and if the question merits it. I tend to write everything I have in mind without correcting my stream of consciousness except correcting misspelled words (the squiggly lines are annoying). In the end, I just have disjoint sentences that look perfectly valid in my head, so I resort to reading the entire thing I've written, fixing words individually, adding a conjunction or two, and deleting unimportant stuff. So yeah, have fun reading!