• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Expressive writing and who you are

Lark

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_W._Pennebaker

I'm interested in this at the moment, especially given that the internet has lead to more writing and expressive writing than anything else it should be able to tell a lot, certainly tell if one person is using multiple accounts, identities or vagabonding across the web, I found it interesting that they'd analysed Bin Laden etc.

I'm going to start following this guys blog. Has anyone else heard of this guy or is anyone else interested in his ideas?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i don't understand how it tells if your using multiple accounts i can only write like me, i'm sure if i put out effort i could write like someone else but i don't think i could substain it long term.

Lark

i don't understand how it tells if your using multiple accounts i can only write like me, i'm sure if i put out effort i could write like someone else but i don't think i could substain it long term.

Its pretty radical what they've concluded the sort of language you use and words that you use can tell about you, your sex, your age, your personality traits, like it could be a more valid personality traitology than the quizes which indicate preferences for cognitive sets used in MBTI.

If its valid and its in the actual words you use, it would take some serious work to try and disguise that when using different accounts or on different websites.

You could simply reflect back what other users have said or copy their styles in a pretty deliberative fashion but sooner or later that is going to be found out too. I wonder the impact that degree of cameleon behaviour or lacking a true north/true self has in the longer run.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Its pretty radical what they've concluded the sort of language you use and words that you use can tell about you, your sex, your age, your personality traits, like it could be a more valid personality traitology than the quizes which indicate preferences for cognitive sets used in MBTI.

If its valid and its in the actual words you use, it would take some serious work to try and disguise that when using different accounts or on different websites.

You could simply reflect back what other users have said or copy their styles in a pretty deliberative fashion but sooner or later that is going to be found out too. I wonder the impact that degree of cameleon behaviour or lacking a true north/true self has in the longer run.

maybe, i dunno i still worry though even though i'm not lying that this would come back and tell me i'm actually a man pretending to be a woman who lives in papau new guinea or something and i am neither a man or been there.

Lark

maybe, i dunno i still worry though even though i'm not lying that this would come back and tell me i'm actually a man pretending to be a woman who lives in papau new guinea or something and i am neither a man or been there.

:D :D :D

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
WHo the fuck cares.

It's a stupid thread, who cares about whether or not someone an disguise themselves to seem like a different person. I used to care, everyone I know does that, except me. I've gotten to the point now where I'm so fucking fed up with all of them that I just don't give a fuck anymore.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh you're so deep and intuitive and above everyone else. ^^

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I didn't say that. I'm just angry right now.

Everyone you know wears disguises and you don't? Isn't that what you're doing right now?

This whole 13 year-old, fuck the world routine doesn't suit you.

Lark

Everyone you know wears disguises and you don't? Isn't that what you're doing right now?

Its definitely in vogue right now though.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ

Do you know me? No? Then how would you know. Right now, I have really good reasons to say fuck you to the world.