• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Geniuses and Idiots alike

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Being a total dumbass, I would say thinking is my only limitation, which is grossly limited, especially in my spatial incapability.

I took an IQ test, but I don't believe it.

I took an EQ test, but I don't believe that either.

The only thing I can do fairly well in is languages, but everything else is a total and complete mystery to me.

And who gives a crap? I don't need to be intelligent. I let the intelligent people do the work for me. ;)

I ask myself questions about iq tests...I had a 124 and fail miserably in math yet they said I scored highest on these parts, math and "logic".-.-....take it "with a grain of salt" indeed.I took it a year ago, lost interest. I'm not a complete moron but just like little linguist languages are very interesting to me :) and so is psychology. I get good grades in written languages, good because I enjoy that. I'm also good in history because I am very good at memorizing something that has a "human touch" to it, anything "naturally human" is interesting to me.(I know I talk like a fanatical person or some kind of alien who isn't human herself )

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
1. Whats your iq

140 or so, when I last took one a few years back. (Although I score well on them, I don't especially think they're a great indicator of intelligence.)

2. what are your quirky traits-your affinities

I can learn anything that I'm interested in, very quickly. I learned Java, C++, and VB6/VB.NET in less than 6 months after becoming interested in programming. I can operate almost anything mechanical with zero training and need very little time to figure it out.

3. due to proportions-geniuses are just as flawed as they are gifted,
so what are your cons-the simple tasks that you find daunting

I cannot draw anything, and my writing is bordering on illegibility. If I'm not interested in the task/subject, I have an extremely short attention span, and become annoyed with it quickly. Unless I know someone well, I tend to be silent, or nearly so.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
Fellow geniuses :

1. Whats your iq

The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ~ Anonymous

2) im a fast eater... like ridiculously fast.

3) i cant stop analyzing everything, sometimes it makes me go a little bonkers :shock:

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't want to be smarter than most other people.

I don't think I've got much to worry about.[/SIZE]

Woah woah woah! How many synonyms could you think up for the word "happy"? 23 was it? ...so shut it!

Nahhhh, I'm just playin'. You're probably one of those people who sees smart as having an IQ of 160+ and anything beneath that is stupid, but only for you because everyone else with a modicum of intelligence is "smart" by default. Or maybe I'm just projecting... :unsure:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
NTs and NFs are kind of polarized on the "smart" issue. LOL. No, not like that. NFs see everyone as smart, and NTs see no one as smart. (Excessive generalization used for effect.)

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
NTs and NFs are kind of polarized on the "smart" issue. LOL. No, not like that. NFs see everyone as smart, and NTs see no one as smart. (Excessive generalization used for effect.)

That holds true for me and sometimes I am surprised. I am INFP-goofy in a way that some people don't "get." And then I don't "get" why they don't "get" it.

Sigh.

But my expectations regarding others' intelligence are often overestimations.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
This was another trap, wasn't it? :huh:

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Nahhhh, I'm just playin'. You're probably one of those people who sees smart as having an IQ of 160+ and anything beneath that is stupid, but only for you because everyone else with a modicum of intelligence is "smart" by default. Or maybe I'm just projecting... :unsure:

Not at all. I just think with happiness and virtue being the aim; it's harder to hold onto through the calculative life than it is with a life of moral virtue.

Compassion>Intelligence

Aristotle (384-322 BCE): Overview [Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy]

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I dunno my Iq score, but I bet I would score decently above average. Enough for specialized classes when I was younger.

I think I'm just really curious about a lot of things. Unconventional thoughts and Ideas are very common for me, more normal when I talk to others who are very intelligent. I think the inverse is true too, I really appreciate the insights and follow the flow of a very intelligent person more.I think I read in a book a quote that I thought really exemplifies my stance.

"I may not be the smartest but I'm the biggest sponge of great Ideas"

basically as long as your creative and have great ideas I'll consider you "smart" regardless of what papers say. A Lot of people aren't even moderately creative and have extremely derived ideas they don't even begin to comprehend. Most people on this site I would say are at least curious and have some original ideas, more so than the general population I encounter(by a wide margin)

scatter brained as hell. my knowledge is extremely context related in the sense that I need a springboard in the form of someone smarter or more knowledgeable in a domain to bring out my fund of knowledge and ideas so that I can use them in a more unique manner. terrible specific memory, every thing is a loose concept. EXTREMELY disorganized.

Harratus

MBTI Type
INTJ
1) MY IQ is about 135. I scored a 90 in the test your self book (I freaked out at the time limit. I ended up finishing a 45 minute test in 20, and I wasn't interested enough to take it again). My highest score was a 147 on a really lame website. I used to consistently score in the 120s, but now I'm in the 130s (it's rather recent development, but several tests have confirmed it. I really should take a test in real life, though). I've taken the International High IQ Society's test, and I qualify (But by only getting in by 10 points, I'd probably be one of the "stupid" people there).

2) I pick up languages (cultural, not programming) remarkably quickly, probably due to my ability to memorize massive amounts of information, which I put to good use learning the vocab. I'm analytical and rational (most of the time) which makes me seem smarter than I am (also works in conjunction with my memory). Both of these traits make me good at science, and to a lesser degree, mathematics. I also have a certain amount of creativity, I am musical and have a budding artistic side.

3) I have minimal figurative language skills. The only expressions I know and can use properly are ones that I have memorized and figured after trial and error, with a lot observation. Because of this, metaphors and slang make no sense to me. I usually end up answering rhetorical questions and taking everything literally (mostly because I have no other way to interpret it). In addition, I am unable to empathize with others effectively, which impedes me socially. I can't carry a conversation with most people (I read textbooks, research articles, and assorted science books for fun), nor can I help people with their emotional problems (which is really ironic, because a friend of mine comes to me for help...).

In the end, my rather useless abilities won't get me far in a life unless I find a job that involves learning languages and studying plants (I love biology, plant biology is the best!), and dismal social skills are part of a vicious, never ending cycle were I don't socialize because it's hard, so I read books, causing my social skills to atrophy even more. It's really depressing, but for some reason, I don't really care (sorry for the oxymoron).

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
people, who actually answered the OP do have a small penis

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You should definitely start a penis size thread then. My answer will still be "Hi"

Mole

Permabanned
1) MY IQ is about 135. I scored a 90 in the test your self book (I freaked out at the time limit. I ended up finishing a 45 minute test in 20, and I wasn't interested enough to take it again). My highest score was a 147 on a really lame website. I used to consistently score in the 120s, but now I'm in the 130s (it's rather recent development, but several tests have confirmed it. I really should take a test in real life, though). I've taken the International High IQ Society's test, and I qualify (But by only getting in by 10 points, I'd probably be one of the "stupid" people there).

2) I pick up languages (cultural, not programming) remarkably quickly, probably due to my ability to memorize massive amounts of information, which I put to good use learning the vocab. I'm analytical and rational (most of the time) which makes me seem smarter than I am (also works in conjunction with my memory). Both of these traits make me good at science, and to a lesser degree, mathematics. I also have a certain amount of creativity, I am musical and have a budding artistic side.

3) I have minimal figurative language skills. The only expressions I know and can use properly are ones that I have memorized and figured after trial and error, with a lot observation. Because of this, metaphors and slang make no sense to me. I usually end up answering rhetorical questions and taking everything literally (mostly because I have no other way to interpret it). In addition, I am unable to empathize with others effectively, which impedes me socially. I can't carry a conversation with most people (I read textbooks, research articles, and assorted science books for fun), nor can I help people with their emotional problems (which is really ironic, because a friend of mine comes to me for help...).

In the end, my rather useless abilities won't get me far in a life unless I find a job that involves learning languages and studying plants (I love biology, plant biology is the best!), and dismal social skills are part of a vicious, never ending cycle were I don't socialize because it's hard, so I read books, causing my social skills to atrophy even more. It's really depressing, but for some reason, I don't really care (sorry for the oxymoron).

I hope you don't mind me giving you advice but I would suggest you have your IQ measured independently and professionally twice.

This may cost you some money but you would end up with two written independent assessments of your IQ.

Then I would go to a gifted site and read all about giftedness and see if it applies to you.

And if it turns out you are gifted, I would suggest your join a gifted group.

This will help you develop your abilities both personally and socially.

T

ThatGirl

Fellow geniuses :

1. Whats your iq

The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ~ Anonymous

1. More than can be measured to date.

2. random bs all thatgirl all the time

3. i well..........................

"Sometimes the only difference between genius and madness is success"

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
people, who actually answered the OP do have a small penis

Hmmm...I will just refrain from commenting on the fact that you also answered the OP. Heh. ;) :D Just kidding, hon. :hug:

And what about us girls? I mean, we have really small penises. Uh, 'cause they ain't there!!! :tongue10:

Random Fun Fact:

By the way, according to Merriam Webster and Oxford dictionary the plural of penis is either penises or penes (pronounced peeneez). Betcha didn't know that. ;)