• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Geniuses and Idiots alike

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fellow geniuses :

1. Whats your iq

2. what are your quirky traits-your affinities

3. due to proportions-geniuses are just as flawed as they are gifted,
so what are your cons-the simple tasks that you find daunting

The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ~ Anonymous

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I think my IQ was something around 140.

I really have trouble seeing my pros and cons. This is a huge disadvantage to me.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think my IQ was something around 140.

I really have trouble seeing my pros and cons. This is a huge disadvantage to me.

surely you can think of some
like you're extremely gifted at ___,
but horrible @ ____

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't see it like that. I am slightly gifted in many areas but I am not especially great in anything. This makes it difficult for me to decide what I should do with my life... The good thing is that I don't see myself being horrible in anything either.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see it like that. I am slightly gifted in many areas but I am not especially great in anything. This makes it difficult for me to decide what I should do with my life... The good thing is that I don't see myself being horrible in anything either.

what you do that is second nature to you - the things you could not live without

go from there
its who you are that determines what you do
you might as well align yourself with the things that match your inherent disposition

" it has traditionally been understood to denote an exceptional natural capacity of .... "

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I guess it would be languages, painting, storytelling and self-analysis, then...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
1. my iq is 42

2. i like boobs

3. after I ate a joghurt my pants look like I would have masturbated onto them for 3 weeks

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Still wondering, why he did open his OP without "...fellow idiots"

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
IQ: Hi
Affinities: A Few

Hey, it's true. I'm good at conceiving ideas, bad at follow through.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
last official IQ I took was senior year of highschool with two parts. I got 130 on one then something considerably lower on the second but it averaged to be about 110. So does that mean I'm half smart and half moronic? I don't think it matters, that much really. But in real life when I start getting into indepth conversations people either think I'm really smart or really stupid, never average. For the longest time I wanted to just be average. Is that weird? I mean most people on here want to be great, not me I just want to be.

I really don't understand the point of them, I took them from the time I was 3 til 19. And I still don't see the point.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I don't want to be smarter than most other people.

I don't think I've got much to worry about.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm almost as smart as entropie :D :D :D

I have no idea what my IQ is. I know they supposedly tested us in school but I never heard the results, not sure if I really want to know. One of the funny thoughts that plagues my mind from time to time is the metacognitive dilemma: Am I a really smart person who sees cool stuff nobody else does, or am I a retard who's truly missing the mark every... single... time?

Or, more likely, merely average and there's nothing special about my intellect.

In all honesty though, this is one reason I took to MBTI and Keirsey in particular--his view on "intelligence" splits things out into 4 categories, 1 for each temperament, and in some manner that makes a lot of sense to me.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fellow geniuses :

1. Whats your iq

Read signature picture for hardware specification.
But i've scored from 130 to 160 at several different occasions, I don't find it hugely accurate. The one that said 147 was a wee bit more serious in my opinion. And it didn't give me the highest points, mind you. Might have to take some IQ test again soon, I think.
It was a couple of years ago last time I did a serious test, and i'm 21 so my brain are just finished growing. Therefore things should have changed since last time, for better or worse. I'm no genius, but I think i'm pretty good in a few areas of interaction and thought.

A)
I can either be very messy or very neat, it depends on what day you catch me. It ranges from molding pizza, dirty clothes and bearbottles all over the place to IKEA cold neatness. Depends how much energy I have and how much time I spend thinking. If I have an introverted week of epic thought, things get out of hand pretty quick. If i'm more extroverted and energetic I tend to fix all sorts of stuff.

B)
I'm a huge nerd. My caffeine intake rivals that of "Abby" in NCIS.
And yes, I believe nerdiness can be measured in caffeine intake.

C)
My "image" in real life resembles that of Rodney McKay in SG Atlantis (though I admit he's probably better att science!). I have a grand picture of myself, while others think i'm kind of funny and att times annoying. But I do know a lot in my special fields of interests, and I'd be the guy you would want on your side in a world war. I'm McGuyver, motherfucker! ;) No but seriously, I knew short circuits and electric arcs, soldering and the Count of Monte Cristo before I could count to ten. My daddy is a very complex and weird ENTP who has a 650 square feet workshop/garage. At home. :doh:

D)
I'm an art lover. Whether it is music, paintings, poems or sculptures.
A few people seem to have the same taste as I do, but most of my friends and my girlfriend thinks I have a really weird taste.

E)
If I didn't have my girlfriends stern gaze watching over me, i'd wear black from head to toe, every day for the rest of my life. People probably think I look like I should have a "Darth" in my name. :D Or maybe "professor Snape".

A)
I also tend to be less tactful than what is socially accepted, at times. I've learned how to not make a huge fool of myself better in the last few years, though.
Sometimes people even think i'm joking when I say something that doesn't fit in at all or seems really rude, while I just stand there with a serious expression on my face and wonders why everyone is rolling on the floor, laughing :coffee:

B)
My sense of direction sucks. I get lost at my university campus all the time :shock: Even happens in my hometown when i'm a little tired.

C)
I can't remember peoples' names if my life depended on it. My mind remembers EVERYTHING about some people, subjects or things while it doesn't give a flying fuck about the rest. It took me two months to not forget my girlfriends mothers name all the time :D I think that it is because i'm terrible at details if i'm not interested, i'm always thinking about something else. Important stuff. Like global politics, how to eradicate mankind, philosophy etc.
Perhaps I am repeating myself, but I seet he big picture, and my mind doesn't give a damn about the small things. :sleeping:

D)
I have a really bad temper, but it is seldom shown. I'm very good at restraining myself. It's not like i'm violent or something, i'm just very impatient and I get irritated easily. Especially when people are behaving irrationally. :steam:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Being a total dumbass, I would say thinking is my only limitation, which is grossly limited, especially in my spatial incapability.

I took an IQ test, but I don't believe it.

I took an EQ test, but I don't believe that either.

The only thing I can do fairly well in is languages, but everything else is a total and complete mystery to me.

And who gives a crap? I don't need to be intelligent. I let the intelligent people do the work for me. ;)

reason

MBTI Type
ESFJ
My IQ is higher than average. I find tying my shoelaces daunting -- so many ways a knot can be tied!

ygolo

My termites win
1. Whats your iq
I don't know, and I really don't care. It was enough to be in gifted programs as a kid, and to attend a magnet high-school.

Affinities:
Math/Science/technology/philosophy/psycholocy--not particularly surprizing.
Quirks:
Extremely quiet in real life. People actually believed I was mute as a kid.

I am rather scatter-brained. Although, not nearly as absent-minded as I used to be, I am still very disorganized and messy.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
1. my iq is 42

2. i like boobs

3. after I ate a joghurt my pants look like I would have masturbated onto them for 3 weeks

Well, that sounds enticingly attractive to me, entropie, and I'm considering buying an airline ticket. But one question first - Can you two-step?

My IQ was high and is dropping with age.

I have an affinity for underdogs and various odds and ends sorts of people. I have known several retarded people. (Retarded is what we used to call them before the PC police took over and said that obvious reference to their retarded development was mean. They know it/I know it, but we don't acknowledge the fact.) I've learned a few valuable life lessons from my rag-tag gang of "defective" friends.

Anything to do with machines is a desperate situation for me to be in. I can do a wide range of odd and interesting things and no one thing excellently.

(It appears that as much as PC has been rankling me lately I'm going to have to do SOMETHING about it!)

Edit: Well, I can't keep dragging it into every conversation, now, can I?

Last edited: