• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

twins!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
note... this is not about actual twins, as I totally don't have one of those... this is about people who act and speak and think disturbingly similarly to you :nono:

I haven't run across that many people who are that similar to me in action and mannerisms over the years (with exception to my cousin, who I also look like the girly version of to the extent that it's kind of creepy)... this is probably a good thing because I'm not sure that society really wishes to deal with that. Last year though, I ran into someone who works a different shift at work, but works the exact same position that I do and has the exact same work habits and strong and weak points that I do. Over time and the occasional shift overlap I've been further disturbed when I realized that we speak with the same mannerisms, obsess over the same types of subjects and upon further discussion we have most of the same issues and attitudes in common as well. It's like talking to another version of myself in a way and therefore I decided that he's completely awesome as a human being :laugh:

add on that I also work with a coworker who I've labeled as "grown up me" for having some very similar quirks but a number of years on me (and works the same position on another shift) and I've started to be convinced that A. I have a twin! and B. the position must attract a very specific type of person :doh:

Have you ever run across your twin?

Was this an opportunity for rejoicing or repulsion?

tell me about this! :yes:

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Many years ago I was involved in a nonprofit. I kept being told I was a twin to another person in another city. The guy was a real screw up, so I really started to get bothered.

Then I met him and he looked similar to me, but 6 inches shorter. I was insulted. And given that he ended up embezzling about $6k, I was very insulted when people mistook me for him.....

Plus we were nothing alike in personality....

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
not talking about appearance twins (I'm very generic looking and have A LOT of those!)

talking about someone who is really on the same wavelength as you are to the point where it's almost disturbing :shock:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
You're my evil twin, so we're practically the opposite

I like being on the same wave length as someone its rare but when it happens its wonderful

but why would it be disturbing, my wave length is awesome, i think it's awesome personally

what is disturbing is when people pretend to be but aren't on the same wave length.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I have a few guys I'm somewhat similar to in terms of personality, but nothing that stands out too much. One was my best friend throughout high school and we behaved as similarly as a man and a woman can to one another.

I don't really have any physical twins either (although I bet you there are a number of them in Eastern Europe), but I've met one or two WASPy versions of me over the years, and one Vietnamese me - that was cool.

á´…eparted

passages
My research adviser (he's ENFJ 3w2). If one of us is talking out of sight, it's difficult for people to tell who is actually there. We also have very similar morals and mannerism, and the same kind of temper/reaction style.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My research adviser (he's ENFJ 3w2). If one of us is talking out of sight, it's difficult for people to tell who is actually there. We also have very similar morals and mannerism, and the same kind of temper/reaction style.

Do you include appearance, or are you just referring to personality?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Personality. We do not look the same or similar. I'm of northern european decent, and he's of southern.

Oh, gotcha. Sometimes people focus on superficial similarities, rather than something like personality. My Ti always appreciates clarity!

ImaFour

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I thought I'd found a 'twin' once. He loved the same kind of food, movies, authors, etc., and even had the exact same favorite composer! (Music is extremely important to me, so that really convinced me.)
We laughed at all the same jokes, supported the same charities - you get the picture.
Then I came to see that he was a SEVEN! Being my new best friend was simply his way of coming on in every social situation.
Very disillusioning. Since then, I take things with a grain of salt.
So, no, haven't found a twin yet.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
I had a lot of same wavelength twins. Just found out that the reason for that was they were all actors and had studied my behavior, morals, etc., in order to act like me. They were nothing like my irl tho.