• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Personal

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
After all the crazy stuff that have happened in this world, can we really question our sanity, are we sane ? Are we insane ? If you answer to sanity, then you might be correct ? If you answer to insanity, then you are also correct ? We might be normal in our eyes, but to some others, not really . how do we define normality, what does it really mean, what is it liked to be normal, are we really normal or have our version of normality have been defined by society or the dictionary.

Mole

Permabanned
After all the crazy stuff that have happened in this world, can we really question our sanity, are we sane ? Are we insane ? If you answer to sanity, then you might be correct ? If you answer to insanity, then you are also correct ? We might be normal in our eyes, but to some others, not really . how do we define normality, what does it really mean, what is it liked to be normal, are we really normal or have our version of normality have been defined by society or the dictionary.

Normality is defined by the Bell Curve which is shaped like a bell so most of us are in the middle and only a few are at either end.

Narcissists like to think they are at either end, they can't bear to think they are normal.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Normality is defined by the Bell Curve which is shaped like a bell so most of us are in the middle and only a few are at either end.

Narcissists like to think they are at either end, they can't bear to think they are normal.
If normality is defined by a bell curve, then we can say that the normal people are defined as insane but, it could be that they want to always be covered, so in that perspective, narcissist still like to feel adequate

- - - Updated - - -

If normality is defined by a bell curve, then we can say that the normal people are defined as insane but, it could be that they want to always be covered, so in that perspective, narcissist still like to feel adequate

- - - Updated - - -

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
It seems to me from my observation that a lot of people do not understand the world around them, they do not realize that the world is setup like a game of chess for those who cannot see through it and being laugh at,

But then again, a choice is a choice, but sometimes they forget that there will always be consequences

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It seems to me from my observation that a lot of people do not understand the world around them, they do not realize that the world is setup like a game of chess for those who cannot see through it and being laugh at,

But then again, a choice is a choice, but sometimes they forget that there will always be consequences

Araggh these points in our lives where we have to question everything and it all seems such a burning mess. Just wanted to say, hold on tight it will all work out and it's only temporary. You may be feeling close to the edge right now but it's ok. Be kind to yourself, allows others to be kind to you. :hug:

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
After all the crazy stuff that have happened in this world, can we really question our sanity, are we sane ?

That you can notice change in what you see around you is proof of your sanity, but there is a danger in becoming so overwhelmed that you internalise it and question your own faculties.

Surely, I must be wrong. How can this be so? How can everything I have believed be so wrong? That would be an indictment on me, so it must be me, there must be something wrong with me.

Are we insane ? If you answer to sanity, then you might be correct ? If you answer to insanity, then you are also correct ? We might be normal in our eyes, but to some others, not really . how do we define normality, what does it really mean, what is it liked to be normal, are we really normal or have our version of normality have been defined by society or the dictionary.

We as a society are not insane, only complacent. Sadly the latter seems no more curable. Most people are by nature incapable of envisioning the future, so they will only learn through experience. I have foreseen much of the conflict playing out in the world today but even now, nobody on this forum will dare descend from multicultural heaven and show humility to a heretic.

It is nice to be right (as usual) but this is all fun and games really.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

Araggh these points in our lives where we have to question everything and it all seems such a burning mess. Just wanted to say, hold on tight it will all work out and it's only temporary. You may be feeling close to the edge right now but it's ok. Be kind to yourself, allows others to be kind to you. :hug:

Or, yknow, you never stop questioning everything because there is no need to stop questioning. The second you start accepting is when you start sleeping.

Mole

Permabanned
It seems to me from my observation that a lot of people do not understand the world around them, they do not realize that the world is setup like a game of chess for those who cannot see through it and being laugh at.

To see the world as a game is a common neurosis.

To see the world as a game is a way of avoiding one's humanity.

And to see the world as a game is a way of hiding our own emotional pain.

By seeing the world as a game we deny our emotional pain.

To see the world as game makes us feel superior to those who can feel both happiness and pain.

But perhaps you are in the right place, for mbti lends itself to game playing.

Mole

Permabanned
If normality is defined by a bell curve, then we can say that the normal people are defined as insane

Insanity is a psychosis. And in psychosis we lose touch with reality.

On the other hand, normality is characterised more by neurosis. And the neurotic are in touch with reality but have a psychological defence mechanism to protect them against emotional pain.

So perhaps we can say normal people are sane but psychologically defended against their own feelings.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
To see the world as a game is a common neurosis.

To see the world as a game is a way of avoiding one's humanity.

And to see the world as a game is a way of hiding our own emotional pain.

By seeing the world as a game we deny our emotional pain.

To see the world as game makes us feel superior to those who can feel both happiness and pain.

But perhaps you are in the right place, for mbti lends itself to game playing.

Is what we see the truth
Is what we hear the truth
Is there someone watching
Is there strings attached to us
Is this a game
Who is playing sick this game
I do not know anymore
I no longer can separate fiction from reality
What is the difference
Why are all shows somehow similar, but it is not detected easily
Are all the shows somehow making us look at the mirror at ourselves
Is the world we see a planned fiction
Or is it a reality that a lot of us refused to face
There is no longer a gap between truth and lies
We can no longer see it
Everything is blended and has been switched around
Left become right right become left

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Everyone creates their own reality and it is true to them. This post reminds me of the classic A Dream Within a Dream:
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow —
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand —
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep — while I weep!
O God! Can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

Mole

Permabanned
Is what we see the truth
Is this a game
I do not know anymore
What is the difference
We can no longer see it

The work of children is play. And the purpose of play is to learn the difference between imagination and reality.

Learning the difference between imagination and reality is one of our life's tasks. Sometimes the task is only partially completed and we are left not quite knowing the difference between imagination and reality.

Keikoppi

MBTI Type
Orly
Enneagram
mia
It's like I'm reading a script from Waiting for Godot.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Is what we see the truth
Is this a game
I do not know anymore
What is the difference
We can no longer see it

Nope, here's how you tell the difference between fiction and reality: Look out the window. When you see the trees, the earth, the sky and everything there, that is "reality." The reason you might think that everything is switched around is because there really are other people playing games with you trying to make you think there is something wrong with your perception. Just remember that what you see around you is real, you really are sane, but there are groups of ugly people in the world who will aways try to make you question yourself.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Nope, here's how you tell the difference between fiction and reality: Look out the window. When you see the trees, the earth, the sky and everything there, that is "reality." The reason you might think that everything is switched around is because there really are other people playing games with you trying to make you think there is something wrong with your perception. Just remember that what you see around you is real, you really are sane, but there are groups of ugly people in the world who will aways try to make you question yourself.

the ones that are "sane" are insane because they no longer see truth from lies because lies and are blended in this world and now morals are defined by social standards than morality

Mole

Permabanned
Everyone creates their own reality and it is true to them. This post reminds me of the classic A Dream Within a Dream:

The essence of reality is that it is independent of subjectivity.

Reality can be tested by many different people and comes up the same for everyone.

Psychologically speaking, it is called reality testing. And reality testing is part of a healthy psyche.

Without reality testing we drift into psychosis or neurosis.

Unfortunately those who wish to manipulate or deceive us tell us everyone creates their own reality and it true to them.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
The essence of reality is that it is independent of subjectivity.

Reality can be tested by many different people and comes up the same for everyone.

Psychologically speaking, it is called reality testing. And reality testing is part of a healthy psyche.

Without reality testing we drift into psychosis or neurosis.

Unfortunately those who wish to manipulate or deceive us tell us everyone creates their own reality and it true to them.
While reality comes out the same way for people but they are all going to respond differently as well.
People can create their own world but they still have to accept