• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which version do you prefer ?

• Original

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alternative

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Lately I was discussing/debating certain topics on the forum. Also I was also watching certain videos on Youtube and that gave me the idea for possibly interesting psychological test.
About 10 years ago there was a TV show called "Start Trek: Enterprise". The series had a standard intro but for specific case the alternative version was made.
Both intros are basically telling same story, with same goals ... but with different methodology.

Original intro

Alternative intro

Which version do you find closer to your heart ?

Why ?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I liked watching ST: Enterprise, when I could catch it. It was never on at a regular, predictable time in my area. I always thought the intro was very un-Star-Trek-like, a significant departure from the intros of other ST series. A big part of this was the music. I believe it is the only one with vocals (excepting perhaps the most recent movie, which I have not seen).

The alternate intro is even less in the spirit of Star Trek than the original. The music is full of foreboding rather than being uplifiting. The theme is destruction rather than exploration which has always been at the core of the ST universe.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The second one because it's not boring as shit

Stick the first one in front of Full House and call it a day

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i think I am partial to the first one, because it flows better and I like the song more.