• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

cognitive processes

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just happened upon this site and identified with the ENFP description,

ENFP - Discoverer Advocate
*Adapted from Linda V. Berens and Dario Nardi, Understanding Yourself and Others: An Introduction to the Personality Type Code (Used with permission)

The theme for ENFPs is inspiration, both of themselves and others.

Talents lie in grasping profound significance, revealing truths, and motivating others.

Very perceptive of others' hidden motives and purposes.

Interested in everything about individuals and their stories as long as they are genuine.

Contagious enthusiasm for "causes" that further good and develop latent potential and the same zeal for disclosing dishonesty and inauthenticity.

Frequently moved to enthusiastically communicate their "message."

ENFP - Pattern of Processes
ROLE PROCESS SNAPSHOT
THE PRIMARY PROCESSES
Leading Extraverted iNtuiting Interpreting situations and relationships and pickup meanings and interconnections to other contexts
Supporting Introverted Feeling Valuing and considering importance, beliefs, and worth
Relief Extraverted Thinking Segmenting, organizing for efficiency, and systematizing
Aspirational Introverted Sensing Reviewing and recalling past experiences and seeking detailed data
THE SHADOW PROCESSES
Opposing Introverted iNtuiting Foreseeing implications, transformations, and likely effects
Critical Parent Extraverted Feeling Connecting and considering others and the group
Deceiving Introverted Thinking Analyzing, categorizing, and evaluating according to principles
Devilish Extraverted Sensing Experiencing and acting in the immediate context.

see what you think of yours... does it ring true for you?

ENFPs and their 8 cognitive functions

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Very cool, I hadn't seen this website or read any of the descriptions from it before! :D

This is the one for ISFJ:
The ISFJ theme is protecting and caretaking, making sure their charges are safe from harm.

Talents lie in making sure everything is taken care of so others can succeed and accomplish their goals.

Desiring to serve individual needs, often work long hours.

Quietly friendly, respectful, unassuming. Thrive on serving quietly without fanfare.

Devoted to doing whatever is necessary to ensure shelter and safety, warning about pitfalls and dangers and supporting along the way
I personally don't relate to this description, but I never relate to any ISFJ description, so what about other ISFJs? Off the top of my head I'm thinking of [MENTION=26722]-Beatriz[/MENTION] [MENTION=26455]elcie[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22089]Corsiva[/MENTION]

-Beatriz

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Very cool, I hadn't seen this website or read any of the descriptions from it before! :D

This is the one for ISFJ:

I personally don't relate to this description, but I never relate to any ISFJ description, so what about other ISFJs? Off the top of my head I'm thinking of [MENTION=26722]-Beatriz[/MENTION] [MENTION=26455]elcie[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22089]Corsiva[/MENTION]

There are some things I can relate to, like the "desiring to serve individual needs, often work for long hours". Today I taught my friends History (I'm a big history nerd and they're having bad grades so they asked for help) and I worked a lot to make a good summary and organised what I had to teach them so they would be satisfied with my teaching methods. Needless to say they were quite satisfied with it! But yeah I had to work so I could "serve their needs".

Also "Thrive on serving quietly without fanfare" is also true, I try to do favours to people but I do it quietly and almost never expect them to thank me.

"Devoted to doing whatever is necessary to ensure shelter and safety" is also quite true, I'm always trying to feel safe and comfortable.

But the rest of the description is kinda exaggerate and it makes me sound like I'm some sort of Mother Teresa. I mean, it's nice to help others, but my entire life doesn't revolve solely on serving others, goddamn. :D

elcie

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hi [MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION]
I guess I agree with it, although it seems like only a small part of who we are. Also I don't relate to not wanting praise or recognition, I usually get shitty if people don't appreciate me :D