• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

talk first, then think!

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Talk first ask questions later is pretty quintessential Te and therefore J.

I've never seen a P act this way really.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I have. The problem is you can't jump off one trait to a conclusion on type. Humans won't let you.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
The problem is you're an INTJ

WHAT?! WHAT?!

No, I'm just tired.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Talk first ask questions later is pretty quintessential Te and therefore J.

I've never seen a P act this way really.

Point is I think we're talking here more about asking questions and thinking later, as opposed to giving opinions and decrees and begrudgingly tolerating feedback later ;)

From what I see the Ne type talkativeness is really sheer curiosity and a lot of questions are asked as a hypothesis evolves, whilst with Te type talkativeness (in my experience) it's more sorta summing up and tying up and pushing forwards, if you know what I mean? Less exploratory and more interrogatory... heh

If you've honestly never seen a P being talkative, reckless or spontaneous then really, I don't think you've ever seen a P!!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know if anyone brought this up yet, but usually ExxP's have this great, "Oh dear, did I say that outloud or did I just think it?" after the fact.

At least, if they do think about it at all.

My E(sf)P kid definitely thinks outside his head, and the more tired or excited he gets, the less editing that goes on than normal... and the louder he gets too.

aguanile

MBTI Type
IXXP
Enneagram
4w5
I am not by any means an "E," so the idea of generally speaking unfiltered is foreign to me. I always think before I speak. (And those times that I don't, I end up putting my foot in my mouth) I think speaking before you think can be okay, but usually it's not. Atleast in my experience. Just because you think someone is fat doesn't mean you have to say it to them, for instance. (I was with a friend who said this to someone. There was no need for it. It didn't better the situation in anyway. She just felt she needed to say that and so she did. It can be insensitive)

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
There are those who would say that my own preference for this particular habit is indicative of me being an ENTP... however there is another who I know who does likewise and he's an INTJ. I'm not sure what causes it but I've the sneaky feeling it has something to do with being more focused upon what promoted the thought/ comment than with explaining it.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sometimes I think before I speak and sometimes I don't. It really depends on how comfortable I am with the person or circumstance I am in.