• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A little project

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Deleted.

..Don't worry about it.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, because this is obviously how black people talk. :rolleyes:

*scoff* Racist who said mine was only black people? There could be Latinos and Asians in that mix.

Lol I like to play dramatic sometimes. :p

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*scoff* Racist who said mine was only black people? There could be Latinos and Asians in that mix.

You're right. I should have waited for you to post someone in blackface before I made any assumptions about who you were referring to. We were a shuck and a jive away as it was.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're right. I should have waited for you to post someone in blackface before I made any assumptions about who you were referring to. We were a shuck and a jive away as it was.

Easy, you don't have to play along with my drama. You're getting real good at acting out with me. Lol

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Easy, you don't have to play along with my drama. You're getting real good at acting out with me. Lol

For someone who seems to pride themselves on emotional sensitivity and depth, I was disappointed at your apparent lack of actual empathy for those who don't happen to look like you. I suppose that makes you typical, though.

Either way, it's a mountain out of a molehill. Please resume doing whatever it is that you do here.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For someone who seems to pride themselves on emotional sensitivity and depth, I was disappointed at your apparent lack of actual empathy for those who don't happen to look like you. I suppose that makes you typical, though.

Either way, it's a mountain out of a molehill. Please resume doing whatever it is that you do here.

Excuse me? I tend to to joke a lot around on this forum. I don't know if any of my recent posts of me is being like that to be honest. Maybe my type beats in a certain way I have to live.

If you want my apology here it is.

The post was originally for chickpea but hey you were just as sarcastic (I think :huh:) in your last post previous to mine. I also was using the word "totally" to emphasize it. But hey if you want to interpret the way I didn't mean it to be,by all means go ahead.

I don't know what you mean by look either. And excuse me for my edit to last second habit I often have.

Edit to add for more clarification : I may be emotionally sensitive. But my feelings are hard to understand and therefore seem trivial to me (Emotional breadth instead of depth). I'm sorry if I don't match up to the rest of my INFJ brothers and sisters on this forum.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
People tend not to have anything sexual with me, so I have nothing to report on my own.
However here is something that I have heard from others as anegdotes.

Wow you are so pretty! I would waste you just as quickly as farmers waste their subventions.

or

Do you have kids ?
NO !?
Would you like that I make you one tonight ?

In my part of the world sexual harassment tends to be fairly common from what I know and it is often pretty sarcastic as well.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I started to respond and realized this thread was for female victims. Also, men can't be sexually harassed, so the experience I intended to share is voided.
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] posted here and was welcome. On the other hand, he wasn't spouting misconceptions.

Lol I like to play dramatic sometimes. :p
OK . . . so how did we get from sexually harassing comments that women encounter to racial minorities???

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
this article

remembered this...

also, as a note on some comments by [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] and [MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION] earlier... it seems like sometimes an easy smile, laughing, appearing relaxed or carefree or joking around with people is interpreted as flirtation by some people. if you're one of those people who naturally does such things (and I know that I am) people will think that you're flirting or inviting them to hit on you even if you aren't. not saying by any means that harassing people is acceptable, I'm just suggesting a reason why some people get it more than others :(

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OK . . . so how did we get from sexually harassing comments that women encounter to racial minorities???

Joke about chickpea's comments which when read somehow turned into a racial minority degradation when not intended to, I deleted it to prevent further misunderstanding.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I find it poignant and relevant how these issues correlate.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
this article

remembered this...

also, as a note on some comments by [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] and [MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION] earlier... it seems like sometimes an easy smile, laughing, appearing relaxed or carefree or joking around with people is interpreted as flirtation by some people. if you're one of those people who naturally does such things (and I know that I am) people will think that you're flirting or inviting them to hit on you even if you aren't. not saying by any means that harassing people is acceptable, I'm just suggesting a reason why some people get it more than others :(

I think it's a good point. Depending on your comfort level, you will judge yourself to be catcalled more or less than the other person next to you. But honestly, with some of these guys on the streets, just a simple smile and hello, and not in a creepy way, is all it takes. If a girl is interested, you'll know. If she doesn't acknowledge your presence whatsoever, well guess what, maybe she's just not that interested in you. Whatever happened to class?

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
One thing to keep in mind is that there is plenty of male-on-male harassment, period. Not all of it is sexual. Most all of it is power games.

My previous boss played power games all the time with contractors and at a later realization of my own, he was playing me all along too. He was your typical short man with huge ego. The danger in his manipulation, was that he wasn't an outright nasty fellow (those people are easy to hate), but a smooth talker that played with people's emotions and knew how to work mine to make me feel guilty over things I really shouldn't have felt guilty for. And because he always kept an even tone and played the pity card resourcefully, I fell for it and thought everything wrong was my fault. Thankfully I recognized this power trip only four months in of working with him and I quit without giving any notice. Best decision I've made in a while.

So I absolutely agree, there is definitely male-on-male harassment, and it was certainly power play.

Starry

The sexual stuff that get thrown at me are mostly the younger crowd. I know older perverts dont come and try picking up with me often because I dont give off "helpless weak, low self esteem, daddy issue" vibes.

I've been trying to get my butt back here for too long now in order to tell you that while I did snag the term "Daddy Issues" from your post and used it in mine...I don't want you to think I don't relate to what I believe you are saying above. My intention had been to address both perspectives as they are both alive and well in me (in my post) but ran out of time.

What are "Daddy Issues" to begin with? Like, you didn't have the equivalent of 8 fathers rolled into one like I did... so the female is looking for a contemporary male to fulfill that role? Either way...If a female actually has legitimate issues with helplessness, autonomy, males in general due to some trauma...and I see perv after perv exploiting that in her and she just doesn't get it. That's tragic to me and I certainly don't hold her responsible or in contempt for it.

I do have a massive problem though when I see women doing this "helpless, I'm sexy and need your discipline" act as their own manipulation for what can be gained from the pervs as well as their own ego (which I don't understand how someone could take pride in this?)...because it prevents healing on both sides. These women are fuckin idiots in my own opinion.

Kas

Fabula rasa
The once I was made angry was during university practices more than 2 years ago (haha and I still remember). For one day I was working with the guy I couldn’t stand. He was looking at my breast instead of my face, he also made a couple of improper comments (I don’t remember exactly, it was a while ago) and kept talking about how women need a strong guy to give them orders and discipline them.
I said once that I absolutely disagree and then I ignored him completely, answered only when he said something about the job. Honestly I was at one remove from leaving and slamming the door.
I know that he was mostly fooling around because he was bored, but it was soo unprofessional. Mainly because I knew that he was saying it to me because I’m young woman and in the moment he was like a boss to me, so it wasn’t right to tell him to shut up. I shouldn’t be treated this way in work environment…

But yes I hear a comments from time to time.
Nothing to scare me though . Not for years at least. I remember one situation that made me scared, but it was about the end of primary school/beginning of junior high.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Comments are like farts, I don't even pay attention to the words.
But I can never forget what the cashier did back when I was at 3rd year of school.
He touched my chest. Yep my flat chest. That man was a psycho.
An animal.

I was shocked I never knew what he really did, It happned quickly, I didn't tell anyone. Oh if I did my father would fill his skull with blood.

That was an awful moment. An awful memory.
It makes me really angry. I wish I could allow myself to kill the bastard.

I'm not feeling insecure because that wasn't just against my will. I never knew anything.
I remember I still believed it takes a kiss to make a person fall in love, and once married you get children because when women have dinner with their husbands they eat a lot, the food becomes a baby, and comes out from the tummy.

That didn't cost me any depression, I'm not sad because it happened. My childhood was innocent.
But when I start remembering it, this moment makes me angry.

I had overprotective parents tho.

He was a pedophile. I feel like a monster in jail, because I can't revenge.
I can't possibly let this go public because I'd judged by people when I'm not even feeling bad about my self, I'm still valuable, I'm still the person I want to be, passionately.

But excuse me people are stupid. My story hasn't much to share compared to others, but it drives me really crazy when I can't do much about it, I'll only tell my partner later.
Again, even if worse happened to me I'll not be ashamed of it.

I just have this anger, I just sleep it off.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I was maybe thirteen or fourteen I was at Target shopping for bras. I took a bra from the shelf and held it up to my chest so I could estimate if it would fit. A middle aged man walking by told me that I was too small to fill it out, laughed, and walked away.

I don't know if this counts as the same thing, but when I was eleven (I think. I could've been nine) I was swimming in a lake that had a public beach with my sister. We swam out to these deck things further out in the lake so we could jump off them. This man on the deck told me he would teach me how to dive. I'm pretty sure he put his hands on me, but I had no idea what was going on and just wanted to learn to dive. My mom kept trying to call me in from the beach. She was really angry with me for taking so long to come back to the shore when she was calling me. I remember being really upset that my mom was so angry and I couldn't figure out why she was mad.

I go to school in Chicago so I get lots of comments from men when I'm walking, particularly in the summer for some reason, but men saying "sexy legs" doesn't seem as bad as other experiences I've had. I mean, I don't enjoy it, but I guess I'm kind of desensitized?

vaulttec

MBTI Type
ESTJ
The ENFP making a thread about sexual harassment. What a surprise.

Seriously, why even are you doing this?
Sexual harassment is sexual harassment. In other words, rape. Forced sex. Sex without consent. Either oral, vaginal, anal. Doesn't matter.
You're trying to make a compiliation of sexual comments on the internet and that's not sexual harassment. Comments are words, pixels on a screen. If you don't like them just go visit another website or turn on some web filters.

So the question is do ENFPs really think comments = sexual harassment or are ENFPs just ESFP looking for even more attention?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The ENFP making a thread about sexual harassment. What a surprise.

Seriously, why even are you doing this?
Sexual harassment is sexual harassment. In other words, rape. Forced sex. Sex without consent. Either oral, vaginal, anal. Doesn't matter.
You're trying to make a compiliation of sexual comments on the internet and that's not sexual harassment. Comments are words, pixels on a screen. If you don't like them just go visit another website or turn on some web filters.

So the question is do ENFPs really think comments = sexual harassment or are ENFPs just ESFP looking for even more attention?

it's attitudes like that which perpetuate and CAUSE more problems :thelook:

what you offered as a definition is sexual assault, not sexual harassment... it's like the difference between punching someone and saying something completely awful to them

get your definitions straight before going around and accusing people of things when you know nothing about them :nono: