• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Are You Thinking?

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm doing more of the whole talking-to-people thing, which has been going okay. Some people ask me what I'm thinking about. They seem ask because of my facial expression. Usually I'm just absorbing things, taking it all in. It only looks like I have an opinion, but I don't. When I'm asked, I'd like to respond with, "Nothing" but that seems awkward. Like yesterday, someone asked during a job interview. So I think about what I could have thought about if I'd been thinking and go with that for my answer.

That all got me wondering: why do people ask what you're thinking? Is it a prompt to keep the conversation going? Curiosity? If you do it, then what are some reasons why? If people ask you that question, what are the circumstances and what do you respond with?

(I realize this is weird because I'm asking people who ask "What are you thinking?" what they're thinking. Pure madness.)

The only person I ask is my dad, and that's mainly because I want to see if he's as strange on the inside as he appears on the outside. I assume most people aren't doing it for that reason, though.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If somebody asks me this, I'm probably thinking about absolutely nothing. That's when I look the deepest.

No, I don't ask people this unless they have a funny look on their face.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't ask people what they're thinking, because every time I've done so in the past, I've almost always regretted it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
my eyebrow itches and so does my crotch that's it i think i'm trying to think of what i'm actually thinking about but coming up blank. i think i'm focusing too hard and missing the answer.