• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Plastic surgery

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Uh, I mean I thought of it. But like, it doesn't offer what I want.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
As much as I'd rather not feel like shit about my body, I am bombarded daily with images that make it hard for me to forget what I look like versus what I used to look like, or how I could look.

I wish all the time that I would have bought better, smaller boobs last year instead of this fucking shitty house that's trying to kill me. I'd probably be much happier, overall.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I am curious to read your opinion facing the subject of plastic surgery.

What would you change if you dared ? OR why are you against it ?

Do you have a special and personal opinion about this medical subject directly in touch with the image one has about herself/himself ?
Not against it at all. To each his own. I don't think it's objectively bad or good, it's subjective. I've thought about getting breast implants a lot. Still do seriously consider it. When I mistook myself for a trans male I was very happy I wouldn't need breast reduction or binding if I transitioned. As my female self I'm very dissatisfied with my cup size. On a scale of 1 to 10 how satisfied am I? Probably a 1. I mean, it's not really something I'm insecure about, I don't walk around trying to hide it, but overall I just feel like I'd look way better and feel better about myself than I do now if I had larger breasts. It seems my weight distribution all went to my hips, thighs, and ass instead. I'd just like a natural size that would look "balanced" on my body instead of everything being on the lower half.

I'd consider modifying the tip/bridge of my nose very slightly and getting rid of under eye circles also (which I was born with). I've seen some incredibly natural results that don't look fake whatsoever. If I was going to go into modeling I'd consider it, but I could easily live without it, too. Overall though, I don't tend to pick at my flaws too much. I can easily accept and appreciate my appearances if I'm working out and taking care of myself.

Last edited:

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What would you change if you dared ? OR why are you against it ?

At this point, while I hate literally every part of my body (except maybe my arms, but that's not really a thing to get plastic surgery for), I wouldn't get plastic surgery for myself. I want to keep my ugly self as natural and authentic as possible. I perceive myself to be deformed beyond repair and I know that deep down, getting the plastic surgery wouldn't give me any happiness in the end. I'd just have a lot less money and I'd feel less like myself. Also, I really don't really support the idea of me spending a ton of money just for improving my looks.

In the past, I've honestly contemplated getting leg lengthening done. However, the benefits seemed really small (nearly nonexistent) and the procedure seemed really painful. For any other procedure (besides gender reassignment, which I consider something else and think about it regularly), I've never truly considered it even a possibility.

Do you have a special and personal opinion about this medical subject directly in touch with the image one has about herself/himself ?

I try not to care when other people do it, as it's their choice, their body, and their money, but I definitely have some internal judgments against it because I'm a judgmental fuck. I don't tend to like how people look after plastic surgery. (Sometimes I can't tell, especially if someone IRL gets it that I've never met before, but about 80% of the time when celebrities notably do it it's obvious and sort of strange looking to me. I also know that I'm not entitled to them having to look attractive to me, but that's just my personal preference.)

I definitely view it differently if plastic surgery is needed for an accident or gender-reassignment surgery.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't really care what other people do in that regards. It's your body, you do what you want. Though I will say, I think most people who get it don't really need it and I usually prefer how they look beforehand. I have a slight guilty pleasure for watching Botched.

As for myself, I can't really think of anything specific I'd change. I don't really have any insecurities about the shape of things, and I have better ways to spend my money then to go under the knife. It's more my skin and weight where I get self conscious. I wouldn't mind getting liposuction or some sort of laser treatment to make my skin look smooth, but yeah, probably not full on plastic surgery. I also worry a little about being "fake"...

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
I've actually considered it in the past. Now it sounds like ages ago... Sometimes I still do. The reason why I decided or convinced myself not to do it is first of all; money. But more importantly; I don't want to give into the ideals of society. Plastic surgery is big business and relatively sexist too. (How many women get plastic surgery in comparison to men? Not to mention all the 'skin care' products that are focused on women to look younger?! Getting older is a goddamn natural process. Most of those 'skin care products' don't even do shit except for emptying women's wallets and making them feel bad about their own skin.)

Being 'fake' has never been one of my arguments or worries. A reason why I would consider it is because it would make me feel more comfortable in my own skin. Why live with anxiety/shame when you can do something about it? But again, the fact that plastic surgery profits from 'beauty standards' people (sometimes) want to live up to is why I will not give in. Society can learn to accept the features that are apparently not 'normal' or 'wanted'.

Saprophytic Aphrodite mentioned breast reduction earlier. I wouldn't consider this plastic surgery since it's to reduce physical discomfort.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Nah, nvm...I'd never actually follow through with anything other than breast implants.

FWIW my desire to do this is unrelated to society's beauty standards. I couldn't care less about that, my decision doesn't pertain to the way others see me. I also don't experience a single trace of anxiety about my looks until I'm intimate with a partner, but at that time it's just that I need to tone up. The decision to get implants is about myself and my partner, but I'd still do it while single, too...okay, so it's about myself.

Liesovit

Well, I would probably change the shape of my nose and do liposuction.