• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

1 person in your life who has changed you the most

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You picked up on the negative relationship well!;)
I think I just picked up on whichever scenario might be the most entertaining.
the prison one contained revenge and enough backstory for 3 seasons of a brazilan soap opera

you'd come back as Roberta, the cunning house maid. While your sister made her millions on the back of her treachery and married Carlito, your promised.

Of course no one would recognize you. For some strange reason (or reconstructive surgery maybe, after your sister left you for dead in a burning house). Except at some point your elderly nanny: it would be a very dramatic scene.

Codex

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I think I just picked up on whichever scenario might be the most entertaining.
the prison one contained revenge and enough backstory for 3 seasons of a brazilan soap opera

you'd come back as Roberta, the cunning house maid. While your sister made her millions on the back of her treachery and married Carlito, your promised.

Of course no one would recognize you. For some strange reason (or reconstructive surgery maybe, after your sister left you for dead in a burning house). Except at some point your elderly nanny: it would be a very dramatic scene.
No more telenovelas for you!

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
One person? Can't say. A collective group? Maybe.

I started going to a youth group a couple years ago. The people there truly accepted me. I have never had better friends than the ones I met there. They are my circle. Knowing them has definitely changed me. When I first met them, I was shy and kind of took a backseat in everything. Somehow, after I'd formed with relationships with them, I discovered a level of zaniness that I didn't even know I had. Now, I'm basically the youth group kook. :D But yeah, I reserve my zaniness for that special bunch. Love 'em to death.

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had a colleague who became an entrepreneur and started his own company a few years ago. Although I don't want to go exactly the same route, his example opened my eyes that it is possible to take charge and fight for my freedom. It's a little bit ridiculous that a person I haven't even talked much with had the most impact on my life in the last decade.

Sil

This is a test.
Hmmm. If we're talking greatest amount of change, it would be this group of assholes I worked with years ago. Their choices have definitely changed me as a person.

If we're just talking positive influences, my previous boss would be one. He helped bring a lot of clarity on things I already valued but hadn't yet thought through.

Sil

This is a test.
I had a colleague who became an entrepreneur and started his own company a few years ago. Although I don't want to go exactly the same route, his example opened my eyes that it is possible to take charge and fight for my freedom. It's a little bit ridiculous that a person I haven't even talked much with had the most impact on my life in the last decade.

Great post. Very true.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Many people not only one person

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Cats are not people.

They are the superior race. They are what people should strive to be like.

Cats are love. Accept it, while you still have a choice in the matter.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
They are the superior race. They are what people should strive to be like.

Cats are love. Accept it, while you still have a choice in the matter.

large.jpg

I call him Catzi

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
large.jpg

I call him Catzi Kitler

Fixed your post.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would think my ESTJ colleague, friend has changed me, for the good. But I think I also influenced him.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I can't think of any one person, but certainly anyone who has ever called out my bullshit has helped me immensely, even if I hated it at the time.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can say looking at a certain situation a different way made me change. Although that girl who I was dating her for the first time I was so unhealthily back into then. When I messed up our first date, I suddenly realized that I had to change to make it things work and even though her impression of that day won't change. I could honestly care less now. To this day I find her repulsive and unattractive, maybe also of a reminder of who I was in the past.

As for direct people, I mean it's the little things from everyone I guess. Life's too complex for me to attribute it to one single person.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So many people, so many situations, so many ways. I think the op's idea of the five closest, or spend most time with, may come closer to the mark. Yet really I have had so many experiences that it would be hard to whittle it down to just five. I do believe we become our experiences though, to an extent... it's evident in the way I unconsciously mimic people when I spend time with them-accents/intonation/phrases/style of expression...that kind of thing... and choices... yes. Opening minds, opening doors.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My father I guess is the person who influenced me the most, especially when it comes to my values. He being an ESTJ trained me that hard work and good habits are the best equation for success. We don't always get along due to his nagging nature (he is an ESTJ). But he is a hell of a good dad who has provided our family with everything we need with a good balance of fun loving-ness and discipline. We didn't need much discipline though, since both me and my sister always behaved quite well. I think he did a good job of giving us enough freedom which prevented us from rebelling. Either that or we were good kinds. My mother brought us the loving warmth we needed, though that never rubbed on us enough to be that/her way. (She is an ESFP.)

I got my ethics from my family (again) and Buddhist-karma which is action driven by intention which leads to future consequences.

In simple English Buddhist Karma is 'you fuck someone with a fucked up intention you'd get fucked up back amplified by the intentions you had when you fucked that person'.