• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type of drunk are you

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Does alcohol affect the preference of our cognitive processes (i.e. Some are enhanced, some repressed) and if so, do we all have a "drunk type"? We may also act differently depending on how much we drink or what we drink.

The last time I was absolutely slaughtered, I ended up being the centre of attention in a nightclub, singing Andy Williams (yep) and was dancing away with a pair of lesbians, just having fun. I was loud and just in the thrill of it. That was 5 and a half years ago :-/. Now tell me how INTP that was...

When I've had a bit to drink, sometimes I'm more chatty, sometimes I'm quieter than normal. Sometimes I'm overcome with the feely feels.

rmrf

Does alcohol affect the preference of our cognitive processes (i.e. Some are enhanced, some repressed) and if so, do we all have a "drunk type"? We may also act differently depending on how much we drink or what we drink.

The effect of alcohol on cognitive function preference depends on what one's primary function is. It's important to remember what class of drug alcohol falls under - General Anaesthetic. The least primitive processes are inhibited first, and as the dose increases, the more low level parts of the brain are anaesthetised, right up the essential components of the brain step that control breathing. A person who generally uses high level processes like Ti/Ne etc will find that alcohol has the greatest 'changing effect', making 'easier' processes take over. Such a shift would be less drastic in people with 'low' level primary processes like Se/Fe.

I find there is a rubicon with alcohol. Small to moderate doses (or large if I've taken my prescribed Methylphenidate) will make me a more easy going, clumsy, and chilled, but still very much an INTP with dominant Ti. Especially since I overcompensate for my diminished cognitive function by putting effort and thought into my actions and emphasising Ti. Perhaps at this stage I'm more comfortable with my Te, but I am still very much an INTP.

Once I reach the rubicon and enter the stupor-like stage, Ti/Ne become almost non-existent, and I become just a retarded obnoxious drunk, I suppose an ESFP would be the best type description of me at that stage, although at that level of inebriation typing isn't that meaningful.

I am currently fairly intoxicated right now (like slowed reactions/clumsy etc), but since I took some of my Ritalin earlier, it has helped to shield my Ti from excess inebriation, allowing me to still write (hopefully) articulate sentences, despite the fact I would be too drunk to do even simple motor tasks

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A friendlier, more extraverted version of myself who suddenly discusses all of my hidden interests openly and willingly.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a primarily happy drunk. I like to dance a lot. I'm more honest than usual (believe it or not), but it's usually like touchy feely shit. Like, "I love you guys so much. I want to hug you all!" ect. Then I get sleepy and I find somewhere quiet to go nap. The end.

Sometimes I get into really deep, meaningful, soul-searching convos with people. I'm usually blackout when those happen, however. So the person will be like, that conversation we had the other day was important to me, and I'll be like...yes....me too. :unsure: