• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Extrovert=More fun?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Do you think that there is some sort of inherent ability to have more fun as an extrovert? You could connect more actively with new experiences, and generally I would think that ectroverts on the whole are more likely to recieve that rush of dopamine whenever they are able to connect with another person. It seems like on general extroverts are more likely to give off those emotional extremes, when they are really sad they are really sad but when they are happy they are over the moon. Introverts, on the other hand, while they might be able to become extremely content, comfortable, and happy, they are engaged more with themselves than with the outer world. Does this cause them to be more connected with their immediate emotions, or does this alternatively cause them to disassociate more? On the whole, who do you think is happier, Introverts or Extroverts? Who do you think would have the easier time of achieving the higher state of joy? Do you think that everyone experiences joy in the same way? (Dont mean using the same means, but the cognitive manifestation of joy).

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Black hole sunflower

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have fun. It's just not what extroverts would call fun.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I have fun. It's just not what extroverts would call fun.

Ahh thats one of my questions!!! So, do you think that the fun that you experience is felt in the same way that an extrovert experiences fun? Do the same chemical buzzers inside your head get knocked around the same way by different pinballs? Who do you think gets the greater reward from their favorite activities? Do you think that extroverts risk more but could potentially retain the greater payoff, or the other way around?

Cygnus

Aren't Extroverts neurologically more dependent on Dopamine and Introverts more on Ritalin or something?

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ahh thats one of my questions!!! So, do you think that the fun that you experience is felt in the same way that an extrovert experiences fun? Do the same chemical buzzers inside your head get knocked around the same way by different pinballs? Who do you think gets the greater reward from their favorite activities? Do you think that extroverts risk more but could potentially retain the greater payoff, or the other way around?
I couldn't tell you that, as I'm not an extrovert. But it stands to reason (at least to me) that since extroverts derive energy from external sources, they would require more stimuli than introverts, who are refreshed and revived by being alone. Therefore solitary activities that introverts would find "fun", like reading, writing, painting, etc. would not be considered "fun" by most extroverts. More like... a mild diversion.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Introversion= more intellectually rewarding?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
extroverts = more fun
introverts = less fun

100% true

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes people think I'm fun. When things get going I can become animated, I mix things up, I will dance. I almost never expressly intend to have fun, and I often am annoyed at the idea that people might think that I am a source of fun. I'm looking to connect with people, to learn about new situations, sometimes enjoyable, sometimes not. I look for engagement through externals, not fun. :p

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think it's more dependent on the individual with maybe a slight bias towards whether they are I than E. I enjoy playing my video games with friends just as much as I do alone (okay, well, maybe I think playing them with others is a little more fun). I enjoy reading/writing/etc as much as I like to go out with friends. Although when watching a show or movie for the first time I do prefer to do that alone (or at least in silence) so I can absorb it all without being distracted lol.

Whatever the source of happiness, I think it's all experienced the same way for both I and E... just from different sources.

Nico_D

The Lost One
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The question of this thread is based on what extroverts consider to be "fun". Which may or may not be the same thing what introverts think fun is. So yeah, in that one meaning of the word, extroverts probably do have more "fun".

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ah, no. Such misconception. I gauge I have plenty more fun than most extraverts.
Highlights of fun times includes sitting in the dark playing with random objects thinking about all sorts of things.

a6LkjhL.png

*not me

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Honestly, I think this is better correlated to big 5 traits like openness and neuroticism.

I think low openness with high neuroticism results in someone highly adverse to new situations and ideas, such that they would avoid the unfamiliar like the plague. I think such a person could be called less fun than someone who is the opposite.
For myself I think I can be boring and I have high neuroticism, however I also have fairly high openness. So I can be coaxed into doing unfamiliar things and being more relaxed, it just takes a bit of patience and effort.

Although it's still a personal matter of what can be considered fun.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
DUH. everyone knows extroverts have more fun. :party:

INFPtheQuietOne

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Well we introverts can be interesting as well. Some introverts are very social, but intuitives are more quiet. I'm an INFP so it's hardest to do these active, extroverted things. We never initiate nor want to be noticed by people who aren't closest to us. As an INFP, we stay very quiet and introverted. And people always see us as silent, boring, and completely innocent. But at least we can be the best listeners and love to dive into books and study. So extrovert is fun and introvert is interesting.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Aren't Extroverts neurologically more dependent on Dopamine and Introverts more on Ritalin or something?

Ritalin is a pharmaceutical that increases the neurotransmitter dopamine, so no. Extroverts are more likely to abuse Ritalin though. We need more stimulation.

So, it could be argued that extroverts are more likely to seek out "fun". Although I don't think introverts enjoy their lives any less, just more quietly.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm inclined to agree. I'm a fucking pain in the arse.