• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I/E Attribution

T

ThatGirl

Are extroverts those who seek outside aproval while remaining confident on the inside while introverts seem confident on the outside but seek aproval within themselves?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
that seems like Fe vs Fi

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
So you think an introvert would look more confident than an extravert on the outside? I guess it depends on your perspective.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
There seem to be variations between types on this trait. ISFJs, the introverts, are more effected by other people's opinions of them than ENTJs while INTJs, also introverts, have more inner self confidence than ENFPs. Unless we're dealing with the Big Five, which assigns self confidence and ambition to the trait of "Extroversion", I doubt that the focus of one's approval seeking can be found in the singular traits of I vs. E. Note that ENTJs and the Darcy-esque INTJs also tend to appear more confident than ISFJs and ENFPs respectively.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
There seem to be variations between types on this trait. ISFJs, the introverts, are more effected by other people's opinions of them than ENTJs while INTJs, also introverts, have more inner self confidence than ENFPs. Unless we're dealing with the Big Five, which assigns self confidence and ambition to the trait of "Extroversion", I doubt that the focus of one's approval seeking can be found in the singular traits of I vs. E. Note that ENTJs and the Darcy-esque INTJs also tend to appear more confident than ISFJs and ENFPs respectively.

on that regard aren't Ts generally more confident than their F counterparts?
ENTJ > ENFJ
INTJ > INFJ

Just curious as to what this sort of thing is dependant on.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
see, appear to be more confident
although the thick-skinned thinkers get the gold in " actually being confident "
as far as assertive about it, E wins ........i think

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Hmm. This topic is very interesting to me. I've observed within myself and other Fs (especially extraverts) that confidence is totally dependant. I feel confident around my good friends but I guess that may be true of anyone. It just seems like Ts always appear to be confident while mine dwindles with uncertainty.

Ilah

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have struggled with self confidence. Even though part of this is probably due to negative things people have said in the past, I did not try to fix this by seeking approval from others.

I choose a very internal path, with things like reading self help books and repeating postive affirmations.

Ilah

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
To me confidence is remembring, who I am.

My whole life I build an idea of me from different building blocks to form a surreal house that would not last any static examination :).

But this is what I search for, when loosing my confidence, I pick longtime proven grounds to rely on.

What I know from people lacking confidence is that they run in Loops, they do not advance. It is no shame to dwell in self-pity and agony, if you are really feeling sad. But from the ideas and expressions you got from this time, you have to build a new block right on top of the old one.

that does mean, even if your thoughts do not come to a solution in a problem, you cant just fall back to the start all the time. Cause most of the times it is the start that prevents you from finding a solution at all.

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Are extroverts those who seek outside aproval while remaining confident on the inside while introverts seem confident on the outside but seek aproval within themselves?

I'm confident about who I am as a person. So, in a sense what you say of introverts is true of me.

I am not at all confident about my skills and abilities in many areas-- in this respect, outside approval helps a lot. I don't know if this is type related, or a combination of inexperience and immaturity.