• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Body Language Test

violett

Emotional Intelligence Quiz | Greater Good

Your Score: 18/20

Impressive. You've got a strong ability to read other people and understand what they're feeling. It's a great skill to have in a friend (and a poker player). Your score puts you in the upper echelons of emotional intelligence, yet research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice.

Last edited:

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
16/20. Better than I expected, considering my Fe is crap.

Speaking of which, number 11 looked constipated.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
12/20 for some of them i started picking my 2nd guess and got those correct, so clearly i just react on my second impression and not my first in life.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
13/20. Better than I expected.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
16/20

That one where the girl had her finger on her face was NOT what they said at all.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
13/20

Shit

I got ALL of it wrong when trying to interpret the Asian dude.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I've seen this test before. It's about using the outward expression as a definition of emotional state. Yet these people are not feeling these emotions interiorly. It's very obvious they are only acting and thus, this test is a poor measure of one's ability to "read" other people. If you can't read what's inside and match it or recognize how it differs from what's manifesting outside, you're not really reading anything. You're only reading what people want you to see.

violett

I've seen this test before. It's about using the outward expression as a definition of emotional state. Yet these people are not feeling these emotions interiorly. It's very obvious they are only acting and thus, this test is a poor measure of one's ability to "read" other people. If you can't read what's inside and match it or recognize how it differs from what's manifesting outside, you're not really reading anything. You're only reading what people want you to see.

I have been told by people that I work with my face speaks volumes. I am emotionally expressive so no matter how much I may think I am hiding my feelings they are written all over my face. Also, women are typically more empathetically attuned to picking up and reading non-verbal feeling cues than men. There is also a better test (which was actually the one I was searching for) somewhere on the internet, which has more candid/natural photographs.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Exactly. And since we cannot see what is inside people, if what we can see on the outside is unreliable, we cannot know someone's emotional state unless they tell us candidly what it is. I for one prefer not to guess.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
15/20 better than I expected to do.

Nico_D

The Lost One
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Agreed. I took a look at this sometime before and they are just acting or mimicking emotions instead of truly feeling them. There might also be some cultural difference how people physically show their emotions, are they inhibited or not. Sorry, my opinion only, but that test does not indicate much.

I think the test in the link below is a bit better, the pictures are from some movies. At least the actors have had some situation leading up to the emotions. It's interesting and well done but I still don't feel it's completely reliable.

Test your social intelligence

á´…eparted

passages
14/20

Better than I thought actually. Reading body language almost purely a learned skill for me (didn't come naturally).

á´…eparted

passages
I have been told by people that I work with my face speaks volumes. I am emotionally expressive so no matter how much I may think I am hiding my feelings they are written all over my face.

I am the exact same way. It's both a blessing and a curse. The way I counter it is by expressing another feeling (genuine or not) much more strongly to mask the one I am trying to hide by the simple notion of making it dimmer by comparison. As a consequence I'll use sociability and talking quite a bit to hide something. When I am quiet it's way too easy to tell what's going on internally.

Nicodemus

The blond guy is like a parodist of facial expressions. You have to read not what is shown, but what is supposed to be shown.

Last edited:

laurapants08

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
13/ 20 being I don't socialize that often.. I think it's pretty good

violett

Agreed. I took a look at this sometime before and they are just acting or mimicking emotions instead of truly feeling them. There might also be some cultural difference how people physically show their emotions, are they inhibited or not. Sorry, my opinion only, but that test does not indicate much.

I think the test in the link below is a bit better, the pictures are from some movies. At least the actors have had some situation leading up to the emotions. It's interesting and well done but I still don't feel it's completely reliable.

Test your social intelligence

33 out of 36 :)

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
13/20... Yeah some of those seemed a bit off.

And 31/36 for the other one