• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The link between schizophrenia and highly talented/creative/gifted ability/abilities

Bnova

MBTI Type
IXTX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
So I wondered about the link between the two because I am on of those multi-talented teenagers who just recently unlocked his abilities.

One of which is feeling out vibrations which has made me more of a sensing type of person but I still have my intuition that takes part most of the time...I just "know" things

I'm talented and gifted in the way that I think, strategy takes up most of my mind in this sense I'm being the INTJ mastermind because of the wizard like focus,creativity and curiosity I extend into my projects and the such.

But at the end of the day I'm just a high school grade 11 teenage boy who wants to succeed...

I have these extraordinary abilities of which came out of nowhere around the time of my diagnosis and I'm still using those abilities to prosper ,although recently I had an exceptional spiritual experience in which I met the source of all things otherwise known as God...

To maximize my strength and prowess I need your help, to prosper I need your help, to become successful I need your help...I know I'm fixated allot on myself E4w5 here when I'm depressed Im an E4w3

INTJ,INFJ ,INTP, ENTJ? would probably be the closest of types I can guess myself in since I have High Ni,Fi,Si and moderate Te

Heres the link to my spiritual experience I think you might find it interesting The divine calling

Someone once told me this and I wondered if any of you can give me more advice in this direction

Are you sure your problems stem from being gifted? It seems like there are many other things going on with you and you're attributing them all to giftedness. There are plenty of happy gifted people. My professor got his PhD at age 21 and was so gifted that Princeton wanted to hire him. He leads a happy and fulfilling life. If kids these days think it's hard to get into Princeton as a student, it's astronomically harder to get in as faculty. In my department there's this guy whose IQ is way above mine. I don't know how high it is, really. My IQ (145-155) is too low for me to be able to gauge him, but if you make me guess I'd say 170-190. To give you an illustration, he's in his third year of college and he just turned 19 (I'm 22...). Once, a group of us got together to do a homework problem for Algebraic Number Theory. We looked at it together. Two minutes later, he figured it out, quickly explained it to us, and left. We got bits and pieces of it when he explained it, but not the whole solution. So it took us an additional 30 minutes to figure it out. The time differential between us and him is simply staggering- none of us are dumb people. Another one of my friends, who is miles smarter than me, took a class with him and said: "I finally understand that there's a large and irreparable gulf between my abilities and his". He's one of the kindest person I know and generally lives a pretty happy life.

Without knowing anything about you, from one gifted (INTJ) person to another (and trust me I've struggled with many of the same issues. I'm not sure I'm done struggling even now) here are some tips:

1. Unhinge your personal identity and your sense of self worth from your intellectualism. There's more to life than that, which you'll figure out as you get older. Just from your post alone it's painfully obvious how much of your self esteem rides on this. This is a long and slow process, but this is crucial.

2. Laugh at yourself. Stop taking everything so seriously. Your language is super dramatic. Way too dramatic. Nothing in life is really that important. Don't overfocus. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you'll be able to enjoy the process. When I had to play the piano and my pride was riding on being better than everyone else at the instrument, every minute was like torture. Now I love it. Just an illustrative example.

3. Develop perspective, in other words, seeing outside of yoruself. You know what your post reads like? Someone who is a bit self obsessed. I say this with the best of intentions. Going out into the world, caring for someone else, supporting someone else's goals, hell even just gardening will get you into a much better frame of mind. There's a story about a veteran who had PTSD. He was about to commit suicide and was making plans. Then before he could do it, he rescued an abandoned puppy from the trash heap. Suddenly caring for the puppy took over his mental energy- he decided he couldn't die yet, because the puppy needed him for at least a period of time. But by caring for something else, he overcame his depression and found a new will to live. Right now you're stuck in your own rut. You're navel gazing and it's eating you up. As a 5w4, I can't be alone with my mind for a long period of time. It's fucking depressing. Devise ways to get away from your mind.

I used to think I'm super smart too and that it causes me troubles etc. I sometimes regret majoring in math because I'm by far not the smartest here. But in another sense I'm grateful. I tell people it helped me see how high the sky can go. I had never met people this smart before, in my life. I thought I was lonely at the top. It was humbling, a bit devastating and a relief to know that I'm not at the top, and never will be. Now I no longer feel so special, but because I don't, I feel much freer to enjoy life, because I stop feeling like a colossal failure every time I fail to meet some overly high expectation I've set for myself, knowing there are some heights that are just out of my reach.

(Oh. I just realized you're an Enneagram 4w3. Now that explains your particular fixations. Well, what I said stands. Develop your type. Don't indulge in it.)-Persephone

:) please I need all the help i can get thanks!

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I dont know what you want help with, but i looked that perc topic and saw that someone claimed its not a divine calling, but some demonic force. Thats just a bunch of bullcrap coming from an individual lost in his "god" book. I have quite a lot of issues against traditional christianity, for one, its a book written by people and some religious nutcases editing it A LOT to fit their beliefs. Early christians had much better understanding about this stuff than what the bible today says. Basically bible tells you that if you believe in jesus and that he is god, you get an eternal life. While early christian texts give you completely different view on this, so this belief = salvation isnt what many of the early christians thought, however some people in power(namely the church) thought differently and destroyed everyone who opposed this idea(killing etc that they did is an act of evil, not of good, therefore by definition following those people you are not on the right path). Not to mention all the stuff that many christians do, despite of claiming that they follow the bible.
The fact alone that many older religions teach what jesus taught shows that the bible alone is not the only truth. I like what gnostics say that there are many paths to the mountain top.

I just found out few days ago that they found some early christian texts(written somewhere around the year 50-150 named Nag Hammadi Scriptures) which clash quite a bit with the teaching on todays bible. They were hidden away because at the time some christians(who shaped christianity to what it is today) killed all who they saw as heretics and destroyed writings that they didnt see as being true. Personally im not a christian, but reading gospel of thomas(one of the texts found) seems to fit my understanding of it all much better(i have studied buddhist ideas quite a bit and also to lesser extend christianity, jewish ideas, ancient egyptian ideas, ideas by tribal people around the world, folk religions like nordic, native american and australian).

This gospel of thomas is basically 114 verses that jesus said and Didymos Judas Thomas wrote down, one of them say "If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

There are some similar ideas in todays bible as well, like that the kingdom of god is within you. But what this essentially says is that being led on by priests doesent lead to kingdom, but that comes from getting to know your true Self. This is very much the same idea that buddhists have about enlightenment or what different gnostics have about gnosis.

Another really interesting verse is "He who will drink from my mouth will become like me. I myself shall become he, and the things that are hidden will be revealed to him."

I should mention that these texts suggest that jesus is basically a regular guy who gained sacred knowledge and thus became the son of god and that this is something that anyone can gain, which is really different from what the bible says about jesus.

Drinking from the mouth of jesus is not to be taken literally obviously, but that one should take in his teachings and make them part of himself. Jesus becoming he again is something that should be explained a bit. Basically jesus is a living archetype that lives in a person. And jesus becoming he who drinks from his mouth doesent mean that the person jesus will turn to that other person, but that the divinity in jesus will flourish in that person and that then he will see the hidden kingdom.

This thing jesus said is also pretty interesting "When you make the two one, and when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside, and the above like the below, and when you make the male and the female one and the same, so that the male not be male nor the female female; and when you fashion eyes in the place of an eye, and a hand in place of a hand, and a foot in place of a foot, and a likeness in place of a likeness; then will you enter the kingdom.". It seems to follow similar idea that Jung had about anima/animus and that integrating your anima/animus(i should say that even thos this archetype typology beebean model says that 4th function is anima, thats really different idea that Jung had, so dont think this is about inferior function development alone) with your conscious mind is the "masterpiece" of Self development. This verse also goes in line with that; Jesus said, "I myself shall lead her in order to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every woman who will make herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven."

Here is a translation to the gospel of thomas Gospel of Thomas (Lambdin Translation) -- The Nag Hammadi Library if you are interested, and rest of the texts can be found here Nag Hammadi Library . I havent read the whole thing and most of it just sound weird and nonsensical, but there are some really interesting stuff in them.

Bnova

MBTI Type
IXTX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I dont know what you want help with, but i looked that perc topic and saw that someone claimed its not a divine calling, but some demonic force. Thats just a bunch of bullcrap coming from an individual lost in his "god" book. I have quite a lot of issues against traditional christianity, for one, its a book written by people and some religious nutcases editing it A LOT to fit their beliefs. Early christians had much better understanding about this stuff than what the bible today says. Basically bible tells you that if you believe in jesus and that he is god, you get an eternal life. While early christian texts give you completely different view on this, so this belief = salvation isnt what many of the early christians thought, however some people in power(namely the church) thought differently and destroyed everyone who opposed this idea(killing etc that they did is an act of evil, not of good, therefore by definition following those people you are not on the right path). Not to mention all the stuff that many christians do, despite of claiming that they follow the bible.
The fact alone that many older religions teach what jesus taught shows that the bible alone is not the only truth. I like what gnostics say that there are many paths to the mountain top.

I just found out few days ago that they found some early christian texts(written somewhere around the year 50-150 named Nag Hammadi Scriptures) which clash quite a bit with the teaching on todays bible. They were hidden away because at the time some christians(who shaped christianity to what it is today) killed all who they saw as heretics and destroyed writings that they didnt see as being true. Personally im not a christian, but reading gospel of thomas(one of the texts found) seems to fit my understanding of it all much better(i have studied buddhist ideas quite a bit and also to lesser extend christianity, jewish ideas, ancient egyptian ideas, ideas by tribal people around the world, folk religions like nordic, native american and australian).

This gospel of thomas is basically 114 verses that jesus said and Didymos Judas Thomas wrote down, one of them say "If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

There are some similar ideas in todays bible as well, like that the kingdom of god is within you. But what this essentially says is that being led on by priests doesent lead to kingdom, but that comes from getting to know your true Self. This is very much the same idea that buddhists have about enlightenment or what different gnostics have about gnosis.

Another really interesting verse is "He who will drink from my mouth will become like me. I myself shall become he, and the things that are hidden will be revealed to him."

I should mention that these texts suggest that jesus is basically a regular guy who gained sacred knowledge and thus became the son of god and that this is something that anyone can gain, which is really different from what the bible says about jesus.

Drinking from the mouth of jesus is not to be taken literally obviously, but that one should take in his teachings and make them part of himself. Jesus becoming he again is something that should be explained a bit. Basically jesus is a living archetype that lives in a person. And jesus becoming he who drinks from his mouth doesent mean that the person jesus will turn to that other person, but that the divinity in jesus will flourish in that person and that then he will see the hidden kingdom.

This thing jesus said is also pretty interesting "When you make the two one, and when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside, and the above like the below, and when you make the male and the female one and the same, so that the male not be male nor the female female; and when you fashion eyes in the place of an eye, and a hand in place of a hand, and a foot in place of a foot, and a likeness in place of a likeness; then will you enter the kingdom.". It seems to follow similar idea that Jung had about anima/animus and that integrating your anima/animus(i should say that even thos this archetype typology beebean model says that 4th function is anima, thats really different idea that Jung had, so dont think this is about inferior function development alone) with your conscious mind is the "masterpiece" of Self development. This verse also goes in line with that; Jesus said, "I myself shall lead her in order to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every woman who will make herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven."

Here is a translation to the gospel of thomas Gospel of Thomas (Lambdin Translation) -- The Nag Hammadi Library if you are interested, and rest of the texts can be found here Nag Hammadi Library . I havent read the whole thing and most of it just sound weird and nonsensical, but there are some really interesting stuff in them.

I really resonate with what you are saying, and this is actually one of the answers I wanted on one of my threads on PerC entitled "1+1=2?"

I caught some really good advice from this post aswell thank you!