• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

non-binary gender (not trans)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Ok so here's the thing that confuses the fuck out of me, maybe i'm just an asshole because of it and that's ok, because it just is. Any ways more and more i've been seeing people claim non-binary which is cool whateves, but the thing that i don't get is they want a special box on forms. I've never really thought of myself as male or female but because my reproductive organs are female i just put that down or if i asked if i'm boy or girl i say girl. Because here the thing i don't think it defines me and therefore no need to worry about it. so my question is why? do they care so much? I'm not talking about trans which would be different from non-binary, and i can understand the need because if you are transitioning from man to woman and going to a doctor or something, somethings are gonna be off they just are. But with non-binary until you can ken doll your genitals there's not i use for it and just seems whiney. I mean also the special treatment, like no one's gonna know unless you tell them i've totally lost my train of thought so there was more

ygolo

My termites win
I'm not exactly sure what the question is.

I don't like being male though I don't feel female enough to do the surgery. Besides, I'm heterosexual, and I think life would be harder as a lesbian who underwent gender reassignment than an effeminate man in a very typically male body.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm not exactly sure what the question is.

I don't like being male though I don't feel female enough to do the surgery. Besides, I'm heterosexual, and I think life would be harder as a lesbian who underwent gender reassignment than an effeminate man in a very typically male body.

Non-binary - Gender Wiki

this but my issue is the people trying to make it an issue it isn't. like i said i've never really identified with either but that has not caused problems in my life , I just tell everyone i'm female because truth is it doesn't matter but i keep seeing this shit on facebook on how people are victims because of it. they're not, its one of those things that's like you burnt the pizza and then claiming the house on fire

ygolo

My termites win
Non-binary - Gender Wiki

this but my issue is the people trying to make it an issue it isn't. like i said i've never really identified with either but that has not caused problems in my life , I just tell everyone i'm female because truth is it doesn't matter but i keep seeing this shit on facebook on how people are victims because of it. they're not, its one of those things that's like you burnt the pizza and then claiming the house on fire

I was definitely bullied a lot as a kid. There were probably a lot of reasons. But, I think, being atypical for a boy played a fairly large role.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I was definitely bullied a lot as a kid. There were probably a lot of reasons. But, I think, being atypical for a boy played a fairly large role.

yeah i was as well, but do you go around insisting that your gender is unicorn?

ygolo

My termites win
yeah i was as well, but do you go around insisting that your gender is unicorn?

I guess I still don't understand what the issue is. What's wrong with informing people the true nature of gender identity.

I suppose bullying can vary in intensity. For me, I often feared for my life, had stuff forced down my mouth, and even had a few incidents that were sexual in nature, and one of my main bullies was technically an adult.

The timing of this thread is bad for me. I will likely not respond again till tomorrow.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I guess I still don't understand what the issue is. What's wrong with informing people the true nature of gender identity.

I suppose bullying can vary in intensity. For me, I often feared for my life, had stuff forced down my mouth, and even had a few incidents that were sexual in nature, and one of my main bullies was technically an adult.

The timing of this thread is bad for me. I will likely not respond again till tomorrow.

the issue is people making it an issue it isn't no one's gonna know unless they say something. you being bullied for this is not what i'm talking about. i'm refering to the people who weren't bullied because of it and demanding that forms of the governemnt put the non-binary bs on it. dress and behave like yourself it doesn't affect me. like i said unless you're trans or intersex do what i do go with your physical organs because the truth is we're so varied even within the male and female construct that no one is gonna be like "You aren't a girl, i will kill you for not claiming non-binary uagsoifjsaiofhaiohfuaifhiuafhuh" when tbt if you are slightly different people are gonna bully you when you're a kid. its not the education part, i have no issue with that. I have issue with them insisting they get special treatment and get their own special catagory. and really the only purpose of sex is for the doctor so they know your pumbing and don't give you tampons when you need a penis pump or something

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it's more to do with the meaning of the word "gender" as opposed to "sex" in the context you mentioned.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Deviantart+logic+http+drdicksamazingstickdeviantartcom+journal+if+gender+is+a+social+construct+513339952_36d679_5454567.jpg

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Wow. Next time, a trigger warning please.

Not being able to fill in my sloth-kin status on my tax forms is just another instance of oppression by the white, cishet shitlords that run this society.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok so here's the thing that confuses the fuck out of me, maybe i'm just an asshole because of it and that's ok, because it just is. Any ways more and more i've been seeing people claim non-binary which is cool whateves, but the thing that i don't get is they want a special box on forms. I've never really thought of myself as male or female but because my reproductive organs are female i just put that down or if i asked if i'm boy or girl i say girl. Because here the thing i don't think it defines me and therefore no need to worry about it. so my question is why? do they care so much? I'm not talking about trans which would be different from non-binary, and i can understand the need because if you are transitioning from man to woman and going to a doctor or something, somethings are gonna be off they just are. But with non-binary until you can ken doll your genitals there's not i use for it and just seems whiney. I mean also the special treatment, like no one's gonna know unless you tell them i've totally lost my train of thought so there was more

Well, trans is non-binary, or rather, non-binary is a part of the transgender umbrella which is not the same as being transsexual, which is also a part of the transgender umbrella. To be honest, I feel like your position comes from a position from privilege which is that you feel that you do not care about your genitals but in a sense, you do care insofar that you do not see anything wrong with the way your makeup and identity work together. I see this argument from a lot of cispeople, because they do not think they place any real emphasis on their genitals because they never had to do that because it already clicks so thus, it becomes a non-issue. I think, without wanting to sound presumptuous though it will be anyway, that it's a bit of an ignorant and arrogant position to take.

A non-binary person is a person who feels their gender identity does not match the binary system of man-woman. It can be a person who feels that their idea of masculinity does not fit the status quo idea of what it means to be masculine e.g. a femme man or conversely, a person whose notions of femininity does not fit the status quo notion of femininity e.g. butch woman. It can also be a person who feels that they have more than one gender identity that they seamlessly switch between, or that they do not feel they belong to neither man nor woman as gender categories. Non-binary is a very broad category to include everything not binary.

Non-binary isn't about the physical bits, but it's about how one feels one's body and mode of self-expression may not match the pre-conceived stereotypes of how to be. Some of these people may transition just like a transsexual and have surgery and so on, but retain to express their identity in a way that goes against the gender binary matrix. There are for example plenty of femme FTMs on Youtube, and they would all fall under the category of non-binary.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Well, trans is non-binary, or rather, non-binary is a part of the transgender umbrella which is not the same as being transsexual, which is also a part of the transgender umbrella. To be honest, I feel like your position comes from a position from privilege which is that you feel that you do not care about your genitals but in a sense, you do care insofar that you do not see anything wrong with the way your makeup and identity work together. I see this argument from a lot of cispeople, because they do not think they place any real emphasis on their genitals because they never had to do that because it already clicks so thus, it becomes a non-issue. I think, without wanting to sound presumptuous though it will be anyway, that it's a bit of an ignorant and arrogant position to take.

A non-binary person is a person who feels their gender identity does not match the binary system of man-woman. It can be a person who feels that their idea of masculinity does not fit the status quo idea of what it means to be masculine e.g. a femme man or conversely, a person whose notions of femininity does not fit the status quo notion of femininity e.g. butch woman. It can also be a person who feels that they have more than one gender identity that they seamlessly switch between, or that they do not feel they belong to neither man nor woman as gender categories. Non-binary is a very broad category to include everything not binary.

Non-binary isn't about the physical bits, but it's about how one feels one's body and mode of self-expression may not match the pre-conceived stereotypes of how to be. Some of these people may transition just like a transsexual and have surgery and so on, but retain to express their identity in a way that goes against the gender binary matrix. There are for example plenty of femme FTMs on Youtube, and they would all fall under the category of non-binary.
no one in this thread is understanding what i'm saying. at all. I give up you all turn it into a clusterfuck yourself.

and trans is binary trans but definition is a male who identifies as female still binary. still two gender system.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
no one in this thread is understanding what i'm saying. at all. I give up you all turn it into a clusterfuck yourself

lol, and that is my fault how? I read your OP, I responded based on how I understood it. You essentially seem to be wound up because non-binary people actually dare to claim social space and public visibility but you think they have no right to do that. I explained what non-binary is and how it works, and I then went to address, in very mild and nice terms, that I think you are a transphobic privileged cishet bigot for not being a little accepting and understanding that non-binary people have as much right to exist and can be discriminated just like the other person, and are way more likely to be discriminated than transsexuals because they, compared to transsexuals, do not choose to fit into the gender binary matrix. That is not making a scene, but it's claiming to rights they never had. Your argument is similar to what happened when Rosa Parks refused to sit at her "proper" place in the bus and she was making a scene because how dare she claim to social space outside of her rights within the public sphere. I bet people thought she was trying to be a special snowflake too.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think it's more to do with the meaning of the word "gender" as opposed to "sex" in the context you mentioned.

ugh I know this, my point is it doesn't fucking matter unless your going to a doctor and they need to know for physical shit. otherwise it shouldn't matter and society is never gonna stop insisting that you id as a gender so just do it, its the 50 gender pronouns for facebook. tbt i don't give a fuck what you are because i won't treat you differently unless your an asshole then i'll treat you like on assshole and try to shove shit through you (not physically I think that's rape or assault depending on which hole you use) because that's what assholes are for. I

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
lol, and that is my fault how? I read your OP, I responded based on how I understood it. You essentially seem to be wound up because non-binary people actually dare to claim social space and public visibility but you think they have no right to do that. I explained what non-binary is and how it works, and I then went to address, in very mild and nice terms, that I think you are a transphobic privileged cishet bigot for not being a little accepting and understanding that non-binary people have as much right to exist and can be discriminated just like the other person, and are way more likely to be discriminated than transsexuals because they, compared to transsexuals, do not choose to fit into the gender binary matrix. That is not making a scene, but it's claiming to rights they never had. Your argument is similar to what happened when Rosa Parks refused to sit at her "proper" place in the bus and she was making a scene because how dare she claim to social space outside of her rights within the public sphere. I bet people thought she was trying to be a special snowflake too.

because i explicitly said i don't id with either but i don't insist of some bullshit fucking term and claim victimhood when its not even though yeah people try to get me to wear make up and get me to have relationships (neither of which i'm interested in, but it really isn't the issue people make it out to be)

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ugh I know this, my point is it doesn't fucking matter unless your going to a doctor and they need to know for physical shit. otherwise it shouldn't matter and society is never gonna stop insisting that you id as a gender so just do it, its the 50 gender pronouns for facebook. tbt i don't give a fuck what you are because i won't treat you differently unless your an asshole then i'll treat you like on assshole and try to shove shit through you (not physically I think that's rape or assault depending on which hole you use) because that's what assholes are for. I

But to these people, it does matter because it's their way of relating and existing to this world. Some people may recognize that, some people don't. Those who do may choose to treat them equally or take their gender into consideration; those who don't may ridicule them for not fitting into the norm.

So while you may not care about it, I'd guess that they're informing you so that you can be aware of it. Whether they want special treatment is entirely up to the individual.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
because i explicitly said i don't id with either but i don't insist of some bullshit fucking term and claim victimhood when its not even though yeah people try to get me to wear make up and get me to have relationships (neither of which i'm interested in, but it really isn't the issue people make it out to be)

Yeah, blame the victim for actually daring to express that they think they are a victim. Nice logic. Of course you don't get how they are victims because you are not they, and it's made evidently clear you do not choose to express or possess the capacity to try to understand their position. Then you also forsake any right to be approached with respect whenever you make claims about the issue.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
But to these people, it does matter because it's their way of relating and existing to this world. Some people may recognize that, some people don't. Those who do may choose to treat them equally or take their gender into consideration; those who don't may ridicule them for not fitting into the norm.

So while you may not care about it, I'd guess that they're informing you so that you can be aware of it. Whether they want special treatment is entirely up to the individual.

why? i don't think it does, it doesn't it just doesn't. wear a fucking bear suit if it makes you happy i don't give a shit, and yes i will beat up anyone who gives you shit. the end problem solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, blame the victim for actually daring to express that they think they are a victim. Nice logic. Of course you don't get how they are victims because you are not they, and it's made evidently clear you do not choose to express or possess the capacity to try to understand their position. Then you also forsake any right to be approached with respect whenever you make claims about the issue.

I'm not blaming the victim, because they aren't a fucking victim and if they are they walked into the lion den.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think if everyone respected each other's differences, there wouldn't be a need to have politics like this.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think if everyone respected each other's differences, there wouldn't be a need to have politics like this.

or the need to invent 5607 new terms for gender maybe you're a human maybe you're not sleep with who you're attracted to (as long as it's consensual) or if you're not don't....

and I was trying to get an understanding because quite frankly a lot of it i see online seems like bs to me and it seems like you're inviting abuse a lot of times, and that's not blaming the victim. because if you go into a homophobic frat and say you're gay then complain about being treated misfairly. yeah that suks, but you knew the nature of the beast. now if you go in to that don't say your gay or anything and still get beaten up then you are the victim.