• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You all got to watch this and share it on however you can

Lark

Nadine Burke Harris: How childhood trauma affects health across a lifetime | Talk Video | TED.com

Childhood adversity, trauma and survival across the life course.

I work at trying to contain and roll back this sort of thing, to be honest over time I've thought it's a doomed mission, the burning ship is sinking, the dam wont hold no matter how well you got the one leak stopped up etc. but even if it is doomed I still think its worth rising against.

Think about it. Share your thoughts and share on the video and your thinking. For all its worth.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Really interesting video. I think she's right about people ignoring the problem because it affects them. It's crazy how it's a huge issue that you would think should be focused on to avoid but is sort of ignored most of the time. I think it's definitely the thing of 'a lot of people go through that so of course it's going to happen, nothing we can do about it'. That mentality needs to be changed. But it's always going to be a hard situation to control.

Lark

Really interesting video. I think she's right about people ignoring the problem because it affects them. It's crazy how it's a huge issue that you would think should be focused on to avoid but is sort of ignored most of the time. I think it's definitely the thing of 'a lot of people go through that so of course it's going to happen, nothing we can do about it'. That mentality needs to be changed. But it's always going to be a hard situation to control.

Its accepted as natural because people despair of things ever being different.

Twenty years though, that almost a life span in itself, for the greater part of the population of the world living in shanty towns and the like it probably is, and that's what is lost as a result of predispositions arising from this.

I just hope as more people get to hear about it they'll be interested in changing it.

Although they might think their time is better spent going online to be a smart arse, I see more of that than interest in these sorts of issues.

sparkle

Have you seen Brene Brown's 2 TED Talks? Or Diane Poole Heller's Somatic Attachment work?
(no affiliation with either)