• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I insane?

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
by the way, mirroring is the primary method of transference. If you want someone to dream of you mirror them to the point where you are doing what they are unaware they are doing in terms of body language and you will end up in their dreams. It works 100 percent of the time in one on one interactions.

Countertransfernce is even more interesting but these are the sorts of tools that belong on the psychoanalytical belt and should be used sacredly.

Tippo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'd say not popular to be around...... At least you're reflecting!

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
I'd say not popular to be around...... At least you're reflecting!

Much to my dismay, I am actually quite popular and people always want to talk to me so I never get alone time...

- - - Updated - - -

by the way, mirroring is the primary method of transference. If you want someone to dream of you mirror them to the point where you are doing what they are unaware they are doing in terms of body language and you will end up in their dreams. It works 100 percent of the time in one on one interactions.

Countertransfernce is even more interesting but these are the sorts of tools that belong on the psychoanalytical belt and should be used sacredly.

Waittttt I'm confused here.

Mole

Permabanned
Yes, we all have mirror neurons, even some other animals. And mirroring is a normal way we learn, but usually unconsciously.

We can use mirroring consciously to create rapport.

Bnova

MBTI Type
IXTX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hey guys. I kinda have a problem that's not really a problem considering all the major problems like starvation that others are going through. Whenever I talk to someone, I feel like I act differently. With one person I make jokes, and another one I'm dead serious. I also am like the person I'm with. I also have a depressing view of the world and these weird prophecies that come true. It freaks me out. I got them since I was 5. I can't describe it... Am I insane?

is anyone really insane? or is it just an altered view/perception of reality...truth be told i get dreams that comes true started happening when i was a baby and how do i remember shit from when i was a baby lets just call it Ni shall we...now for the first part of your message it might just be that you have a chameleon type persona or your subconscious has preferences to certain people in your social circle i experience those too...lets just say you have higher awareness to be aware of these things that are happening to you,truth be told I bet youre going to have a fantastic life because you becoming more aware, maybe study up on vibrations? thats what im currently studying now,you know these yoga bs vibration shit, oh and get into martial arts or kung fu,and yeah i am being serious...oh and notice that im just giving you ideas im not giving you advice dont follow advice blindly cuz advice in South -Africa we call it n klomp kak! ;) hope that helped and i hope i wasnt too far fetched..peace

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
[MENTION=23956]Mychemicalkilljoy[/MENTION]

If you wonder if you're insane, it's a pretty reliable sign that you're not. :) I think everyone has wondered this at some point in their life.

Acting different with each person and like the person you're talking with is actually a good thing to some degree. Everyone does it, just in differing amounts. There are studies by social psychologists about this and how it affects communication and perception of each other, as well as liking and persuasion. Observe with interest rather than fear. :)

Your prophecies which come true are probably just intuition, mostly Ni as someone already pointed out. I've had very extreme ones too even though I'm mainly an Ne-Ti type.

You're noticing things about yourself that you don't fully understand, and when we don't understand something affecting us directly, the natural response is fear. It will take time ito understand the things you notice. Practice accepting the things you notice, and smile about them because they keep you from being exactly like everyone else. That would be boring.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. Awe thanks :) yeah, whenever I get super posses which has happened only once or twice in public, I literally spew out all my thoughts on the person and they have snapped. They said everything i have said about them was true (OHMYGOD). I felt really bad after that...

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
is anyone really insane? or is it just an altered view/perception of reality...truth be told i get dreams that comes true started happening when i was a baby and how do i remember shit from when i was a baby lets just call it Ni shall we...now for the first part of your message it might just be that you have a chameleon type persona or your subconscious has preferences to certain people in your social circle i experience those too...lets just say you have higher awareness to be aware of these things that are happening to you,truth be told I bet youre going to have a fantastic life because you becoming more aware, maybe study up on vibrations? thats what im currently studying now,you know these yoga bs vibration shit, oh and get into martial arts or kung fu,and yeah i am being serious...oh and notice that im just giving you ideas im not giving you advice dont follow advice blindly cuz advice in South -Africa we call it n klomp kak! ;) hope that helped and i hope i wasnt too far fetched..peace

Aww thanks. Everyone here is super nice. This forum is finally taking a turn for the better :) I tried tae kwondo when I was like 10 and quit three months after because I got yelled at for spacing out and refusing to fake punch someone 😂

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, we all have mirror neurons, even some other animals. And mirroring is a normal way we learn, but usually unconsciously.

We can use mirroring consciously to create rapport.

Woah that's sick!

Mole

Permabanned
is anyone really insane?

Unfortunately insanity creates immense suffering in the victims and their families.

Only a short time ago we locked up the insane. But more recently the medical profession has taken over the care of the insane.

And there is unfortunately a tendency to romanticise insanity by asking such questions as, is anyone really insane.

The suffering insane do not need to be romanticised to make us feel better, rather the insane need our empathy, our help, our support, and need to be included in everyday life. Unfortunately this costs money and we are inclined to turn away from the insane and hide their suffering from us by romanticising them.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think you being an E2 might be part of it. Your natural tendency to try to 'support' other people might be why you adjust your behavior to mirror them.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
Yes, I think you are simply engaging in mirroring using a Feeling function (probably Fe) and intuition (probably Ni). Nothing to be concerned about as long as you keep in mind and develop a good sense of self. And psychic boundaries.

Ohh... Wait...what are psychic boundaries?

- - - Updated - - -

I think you being an E2 might be part of it. Your natural tendency to try to 'support' other people might be why you adjust your behavior to mirror them.

Hm that could be it...

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ohh... Wait...what are psychic boundaries?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh you know, not being completely in everyone's heads and having their thoughts and feelings be in yours. Controlling your empathic tendencies if you have them, which I expect you do.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey guys. I kinda have a problem that's not really a problem considering all the major problems like starvation that others are going through. Whenever I talk to someone, I feel like I act differently. With one person I make jokes, and another one I'm dead serious. I also am like the person I'm with. I also have a depressing view of the world and these weird prophecies that come true. It freaks me out. I got them since I was 5. I can't describe it... Am I insane?
No. I experience the same thing as what you described.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Unless you forgot to mention that you just murdered someone and you're now bathing in their blood, I'm going to vote "no" on the insanity ballot. I use to mirror others actions but that was because I was an insecure teenager who didn't know how to act or respond to people.

As for the prophetic stuff, I've been there as well. It's been said before but I really believe it's an intuitive function. You're not alone and you're probably not crazy. ;)

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sanity is the lowest common denominator. Any person deviating too far from the lowest common denominator is considered insane.

And we have lots of "insane" in this world, does that make those people sane?

Unless you go too far from this lowest common denominator with the people you frequent with, the answer is no.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Knocks on head... sounds good to me.