• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bitches Be Jealous

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think like you said, a lot of people use it because there's no way of replying without sounding defensive. I've only really encountered that with youtube commenters, and lbr there's a lot of brain dead douchey people in youtube comment sections. I usually just reply with definitive sarcasm to stupid things like that.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION] speaks the truth. This is an emotional "argument" (not really, but lets pretend). When/if you respond emotionally they "win" in their eyes because you are giving them what they want, an emotional reaction. I think of this as vampirism myself. Like internet trolls you can "win" by not feeding them emotions, starve them. No immediate gratification though.

On the off chance you feel like doing battle...

1) As you mentioned this is also a "lazy" comment and I find that when you follow up their comment with a request for information and/or an explanation to their thought process THEY are the ones who can get flustered because your request is basically asking them to "work" mentally. "Oh really? How did you arrive at that conclusion? What's the thinking there? Do you mind explaining? (lol, of course they mind!!!)

2) Jujitsu: I take it you don't hate/dislike anything and it's difficult for you to empathize?

3) NO U!: "Yeah just like your hate of X (insert something they hate here) is jealousy" Be sure to snicker for maximum effect. Be ready to rumble.

3a) "Hmmm, I guess that explains why you hate X." (insert something they hate)

4) Good ol' ad hominem: You're just of fan boi of X, I bet you have posters of X in your room (or buy/listen to their product, own their cd, etc.). Be sure to eyeroll when you say this.

5) Sock them in the jaw, they had it coming. Make sure you have a get a way, lest it become a police action.

Your entire argument is fallacious, cuz you spelled Jiu Jitsu wrong.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As a superior being with a god complex, I do indeed envy the simple minded. I am quite jealous.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

"It is entirely possible to make a claim that is false yet argue with logical coherency for that claim, just as is possible to make a claim that is true and justify it with various fallacies and poor arguments."

"Example: Recognising that Amanda had committed a fallacy in arguing that we should eat healthy food because a nutritionist said it was popular, Alyse said we should therefore eat bacon double cheeseburgers every day."

Sorry, I'm with Alyse on this one ;)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
maybe it's a projection. maybe they're jealous of you not being jealous of them, cuz they're jealous of themselves for liking whatever the like so much. so the fact you're not actually jealous angers them cuz they want you to be, so they're not alone in their jealousy

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
tumblr_lwfgrteFev1qdvj1so1_500_zpse6115cd7.gif

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it's quite an immature point of view and would seldom stand ground (or be convincing) to most people.

If people are convinced by that argument then you should stop having any meaningful discussions with them.

Where I come from some people call you a traitor if you don't vote for certain parties (mostly nationalistic racist parties) and that really pisses me off. However, I taking my own advice don't discuss anything with them useful and often mock them for using that line infront on others. You don't have to do the latter, just stick to the former.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
YUP. I mean, obviously sometimes people are just jealous. But I fucking hate it when that's overused to the point of being a common excuse!

I've known people who tell me to be jealous when I didn't even say anything. It's like they expect me to judge them off the bat without them saying that, but after they say that I'll just be pissed off and start staring tnem down and picking them apart silently.

It probably plays in a lot with insecurity, trying to be overly cocky to pretend like they are totally in love with themselves to hide a weaker inside.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah they go like: you're a hater, you're envious..
I don't need that dude you're sick!

Sil

This is a test.
I've always asked how I can be jealous of something I just said I didn't like.

But yes, agreed with many of the other posters. People who say that are lazy.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
When I was a child, I once criticized my sister's singing voice (I've been quite an asshole to her in my time) and my mother and grandmother told me I was just jealous of her. That infuriated me, because I was not jealous! I was just criticizing her/giving my opinion. Disagreement doesn't mean envy. If anyone ever tried to pull this shit with me today I'd put them in their place immediately.