• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Picky Eating

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=23629]Passacaglia[/MENTION] I can definitely taste differences in water. The water where I live now is pretty good, but in my home town, the water was disgusting. It had a metallic tang, and it smelled like a swimming pool. Everybody I knew had Brita filters.

My mom used to live in Florida, and she said the water there had a sulfur smell, and tasted awful. So yeah, all water is definitely not alike.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've always wondered about what's behind picky eating -- not the kind of picky eating where you legitimately don't like a lot of food that you've tried already, but picky eating like in the OP. Fear of new food. I don't get it either. I used to think it could be correlated with digestive issues -- so maybe people were food-risk-averse to protect their stomachs? -- but that correlation doesn't exist at all in my experience. So I have no idea.

On the other hand, discounting a fairly small list of foods and drinks*, I see new and interesting food as a hobby and a challenge. Discounting a short picky-eating phase before age 7, I've been open to most foods.

*Mostly food that is watery and crunchy at the same time: raw tomatoes, grapes, cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon, celery. While I can eat most of those -- and some, like grapes and raw tomatoes, become palatable or even good when combined with other textures -- I feel kind of nauseated whenever I try.