• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Are You Like When You're Angry?

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Falcarius tends to avoid thinking about whatever is making him angry by going for a walk when he is at work, or just by going to his room if he is at home; sometimes it is just a 10 minute walk, and sometimes it is a 'I hate you all and I never want to come back again' walk for the rest of the day, followed but a few days off work. Fortunately, a nice walk accompanied by frightfully sadistic thoughts of wanting to poke someone in their eyes out with a pencil is enough of a symbolic gesture towards letting go of what is bothering Falcarius. Sometimes he probably goes as far as planning the ideal time to act out his fantasy of stabbing one with a pencil in their eye. He pretty much thought about what could go wrong: forgetting to take a sharpener and the pencil getting blunt, him forgetting to do it in both the person's eyes so they will able to pick him out on a police line-up, someone seeing him in the act so he will have to multiply the act potentially infinity, and finally remember to not leave weapon at the scene of the crime. He has even pretty much decided the best time for stabbing someone in their eye is after work on a winter's day; they are off-guard and tired, so Falcarius can do what he has to do and slip off in a ghostly way into the moonlight. Luckily, Falcarius does not show his anger too often, and he has of yet not stabbed anyone in their eye despite the many thoughts. He is much more likely to bottles up his feelings and wallow in his self-pity in private.

When Falcarius bottled up feelings and they do come out, they tend not to come out all Godzilla and smash things, consequently his anger is more like thunderstorm on a summer's day. The big show of thunder and lightning that will soon blows away. The eerie calm before the storm. When atmospheric rage builds people dinosaurs do not usually die, homes are not smashed, family heirlooms get saved, but more worryingly intangible things are broken that take a long time to fix. When the pride, respect, and understanding goes it probably will not come back any time soon. These moods have names like Ambo, Betty, Carina as if they were tropical cyclones.

Dinosaurs people like Falcarius very occasionally gain a surge of power with all the atmospheric pressure. It becomes all too much and so Falcarius release all his feelings. When this happens he ironically feels the need to unleash his inner rage before they can feel at peace once again with himself. As he is very sensitive to criticism even the slightest thing sets off his insecurities. In turn the insecurities reinforce the feeling of worthlessness, of not being good enough, and incompetent. This makes Falcarius really really angry, so he lash out as he thinks: "You punks made me feel awful, so I am going to teach you a lesson. You stupid nasty punk". The hot air rises and he loses control and becomes ever more conflicted and violent. These mood swings names get retired, as one does not want to be reminded of all the things they say and do things they later regret, but by then it's too late to take them back.:(

á´…eparted

passages
It's quite a sight when I run across the person now and then who doesn't pick up on Fe barbs and/or insinuations (or just don't care). I'll watch the slights coming into play when an Fe person does get furious and starts slicing and dicing, but it's like it's just going right through air -- the target is completely oblivious/unfazed by what is being said and just responds matter of factly in ways that probably frustrate the Fe person more.

Pretty much you have to have at least a little awareness of Fe-style interaction or you can't use it / be harmed by it directly.

Depending on who it is and what is going on obliviousness can make me up the antie quite a bit, progressively becoming more and more obvious until it clicks. If it doesn't I will start turning to others to get the dirty work done. It usually works. Granted this is getting away from the territory of anger (anger is separated from annoyance and irritation for me, the latter two I experience often). If I shed the subtleness though I can cut really deep in a person. Not everyone though. Some people are impossible to reach in that regard. It also requires you to have some sort of standing with them.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How would you describe the difference between Fe anger and Fi anger? Anyone feel free to jump in.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It's quite a sight when I run across the person now and then who doesn't pick up on Fe barbs and/or insinuations (or just don't care). I'll watch the slights coming into play when an Fe person does get furious and starts slicing and dicing, but it's like it's just going right through air -- the target is completely oblivious/unfazed by what is being said and just responds matter of factly in ways that probably frustrate the Fe person more.

Pretty much you have to have at least a little awareness of Fe-style interaction or you can't use it / be harmed by it directly.

Slicing and dicing is a good term for it. Iv'e generally found that when people don't pick up on the anger it's because they are oblivious to sarcasm.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I did post in this thread before, but truth is that my anger has been both an issue in the past and a bit of a non-entity in the present.

In most situations getting angry has little to no use and I find myself trying to keep it under control because it would make things worse for me. I guess I'm just a moody prick? But that's not real anger, the real anger is when I do things like biting a kids face or ear.

Bknight

Lost in the Multiverse
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rarely do I get truly angry because
1)it can make you do and say some really stupid sh*t
2) It's really difficult to make me angry...
but when I do... well, I've heard it described as "cold fury".

Nico_D

The Lost One
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
If I'm truly angry, furious, I'm a surgically precise. I will dissect your every word, every careless argument and show you how wrong you are. I will reveal everything I know about you and your character weaknesses.

I takes a hell of a lot to get there - some very personal attack towards me - and I hate it and myself when it happens.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Oh man, the drama.

If your question is about how I act, I tend to shout a lot and in extreme cases may start causing damage. I can be a highly destructive force. Nonetheless, I am much less likely to be angry with a person than an event, and will usually curse the situation more than anything. The surest ways I become angry are by:

1. People or events leading me to wait longer than I know I should, especially in a transit situation (queues, traffic jams, etc).
2. Somebody I care about deliberately ignoring me
3. My privacy being invaded in the morning

I am rather like a pressure cooker. I will simmer away in silence for a while, but if you don't watch will boil over without warning.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
I cold-shoulder friends and seethe, listen to metal, and write dark fiction, usually.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
*is feeling fine*
My wife: "Are you pissed off at me?"
Me: "No I'm alright. I don't understand."
My wife: "You look pissed off."
Me: "I'm alright. Why would I be pissed off at you?"
My wife: "I don't know. Are you sure, you do look pissed off."
*gets pissed off*
Me: "Look, I'm alright, seriously. You haven't done anything for me to get pissed off about!"
My wife: "OK."
*still feels pissed off*

:shock:

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I hold in sadness, fear and love, but anger, I let it all out. I don't hold in anger very long. I let it out before it escalates.
People call me aggressive, in fact. Yeah. I'm the type of guy that would beat the shit out of someone when he seriously annoys me.
Sometimes I think "too bad there's modern society"... It's totally acceptable in anime, but in real life, they're like "what the hell is wrong with your brain?!" and pretend like it isn't normal.

PerfectlyConfused

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, my INFJ GF is the same, she holds it in though, and I encourage and support and will still love her if she completly loses it.
She then asked what if she growled, lol, fine I said. What about howled? LOL. That would be strange but it would be fine.

My younger Brother (20) told me last year when we had a serious one-to-one talk (which isn't how my family functions/or not, at all),
he told me "thought had to hold in", that broke my heart.

I'm tired of seeing people hold it in because they think it's "bad" to express it, or they'll be judged and ostracized from society.
Keeping it inside just causes so many many problems and wear break you down. (and can lead to other mental health issues)

I've been angry since childhood.
"Jekyll and Hyde" was frequently mentioned.
I'm an explosive type. I did try to keep it in when I was younger, but the crap just kept coming.
I destroyed so much in my childhood, but i've only hit one person in my life in anger. (which was my sister, we were kids and believe me she deserved it - long story, life story *rolls eyes smiley*)
I managed to control it better in secondary school, after all, it wasn't people from school I had the problem with.
However as I got older, and more self awareness, it evolved into verbal communication.
I used to be like several of the aggressive, cocky, ENTJs on the forum.

I can deal with my anger sooo much better now, I haven't gone on a godzilla rampage in years, I still have the odd outburst now and then when my values are trod on, or i'm triggered, or I see someone hurting someone else. Slowly i'm dealing with those to tone it down a bit. I'm still recovering from my incompetent Psychiatrist and the hellish year of my life, so i'm a bit more volatile than I was before I see her (I've even decimated trolls who I've seen bullying someone clearly unable to defend themself, and they are WAY over the line with the stuff they're say. Some people say that's wrong, well most people don't understand psychology, anger or making changes)

Yeah I was "hulk like" as a kid. It's worrying what so much anger and pain can become.

I no longer do the whole verbal aggression now (unless someone tries something, and I warn them, like 1 INTP soldier the other day). I don't even do the mocking any more. My relationship with my INFJ changed that.

I'm big on personal growth.

Tippo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yeah, my INFJ GF is the same, she holds it in though, and I encourage and support and will still love her if she completly loses it.
She then asked what if she growled, lol, fine I said. What about howled? LOL. That would be strange but it would be fine.

My younger Brother (20) told me last year when we had a serious one-to-one talk (which isn't how my family functions/or not, at all),
he told me "thought had to hold in", that broke my heart.

I'm tired of seeing people hold it in because they think it's "bad" to express it, or they'll be judged and ostracized from society.
Keeping it inside just causes so many many problems and wear break you down. (and can lead to other mental health issues)

I've been angry since childhood.
"Jekyll and Hyde" was frequently mentioned.
I'm an explosive type. I did try to keep it in when I was younger, but the crap just kept coming.
I destroyed so much in my childhood, but i've only hit one person in my life in anger. (which was my sister, we were kids and believe me she deserved it - long story, life story *rolls eyes smiley*)
I managed to control it better in secondary school, after all, it wasn't people from school I had the problem with.
However as I got older, and more self awareness, it evolved into verbal communication.
I used to be like several of the aggressive, cocky, ENTJs on the forum.

I can deal with my anger sooo much better now, I haven't gone on a godzilla rampage in years, I still have the odd outburst now and then when my values are trod on, or i'm triggered, or I see someone hurting someone else. Slowly i'm dealing with those to tone it down a bit. I'm still recovering from my incompetent Psychiatrist and the hellish year of my life, so i'm a bit more volatile than I was before I see her (I've even decimated trolls who I've seen bullying someone clearly unable to defend themself, and they are WAY over the line with the stuff they're say. Some people say that's wrong, well most people don't understand psychology, anger or making changes)

Yeah I was "hulk like" as a kid. It's worrying what so much anger and pain can become.

I no longer do the whole verbal aggression now (unless someone tries something, and I warn them, like 1 INTP soldier the other day). I don't even do the mocking any more. My relationship with my INFJ changed that.

I'm big on personal growth.

That's a far cry from ENTJ. Unless he's an idiot.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
It builds up and up and up. Until I explode out of frusteration, lots and lots of bitchy little comments.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm angry then I have no energy to soften my words, too realistic and bitter.
So I'd be silent until someone puts pressure on my nerves by talking to me about stupid subjects I don't care, like talking about other people in a bad way as if they're describing themselves, are they insecure and try to hide their shame by laughing at other's or they're just so blind.
I start mentioning errors and correcting every inaccurate words and worse, the thought's that are impossible to correct with such short time.
I end up breaking someone's heart.
But I've always warned people not to make me angry.

Just like how drunk people get honest, I, too, when am angry.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a way with words that make someone feel tiny. It takes a lot to make me angry, a whole lot. If I cuss while angry its not name calling, its to add onto the words that come before or after. It is logical and accurate as I don't just fly off the handle, I usually sit and analyze to see where things are going, have been, etc. and such.

I have sat in a car one time with my ex both screaming at each other I just kinda went down her path knowingly. After about 10-15 minutes I looked at her and asked if we are done because this is stupid. I don't like anger, it impedes moving forward, stops analyses, steers, controls, and blinds us.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
That all depends on what I'm angry at, why I'm angry at it, what sort of relationship I have with it, whether or not I care about preserving that relationship, how taxed I feel from trying to be patient with whatever it is up to now, the current meta situation of my life and how much other things are pissing me off right now...

Honestly I run the whole spectrum, between cold and logical indifference all the way up to wanting to cause armageddon.