• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Crazy people and MBTI[c]

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hehehe... no you're right Jeffster, what you said before about the overthinking problem. I mean EVERYBODY fakes to some extent both in RL and online (and I solidly believe that it's no easier or harder to tell in either situation, whether somebody is), yes even self-righteous people who think they're the most genuinest thing in the universe, because everyone at some level lies to themselves. If we were all super conscious and self-aware Buddhas that were freed from self-delusion then the Internet wouldn't have been invented cos we'd all be too busy meditating. :jesus:

One of my friends called me the most genuine guy she's ever met, actually. When I was younger, I might have "faked" but I really don't these days. What you see/hear is what you get with me, pretty much without fail. :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I go to bed now, I am heavily drunk and impaired on any scale possible, but I am happy :).

Though things did not work out today as I hoped, I still managed to not lose my faith..face.

See you real soon, if you want

gn8

Metis

I think it attracts people who would like to become saner.

That's what I meant. To become saner. We pick up a system, gaze through it, put it down and look through another. Pick up the first, gaze through from another angle or pay attention for things we missed, put it down again. Pick up something else and look in the same direction or another. Maybe change the resolution of the image. Experiencing impressions and shades of impressions in the hope that, statistically, our view will become closer to reality, our minds sounder, and our interactions with life, wiser. This is one set of these systems.

Is this wrong? Maybe I don't even do this myself. I'm probably just here to procrastinate on something else.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow, just....wow....:huh::doh::shock::blush:

I don't know if it's a sign of stupidity or hope that I just TOTALLY did not understand HALF of what is going on in this thread right now.....

....guess my N ain't strong enough for that....

...or maybe I'm just too tired because I stayed up til 2 a.m. talking to my long-lost sister last night.

(Yes I know I said I was an only child....It's a long story).

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because this forum and its denizens are so accepting,
the atmosphere allows for people to be themselves

the people who need this the most are the crazies
look at me and The Three

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Because this forum and its denizens are so accepting,
the atmosphere allows for people to be themselves

Where do you think that's coming from?

Ive been thinking that the difference with this place and others is that here your type tells people where to label you so you don't need to show people who you are. You see someone with the type in their profile and you remember some friend of yours with the same type. It helps give some flesh on the bones.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think there are crazy people everywhere.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Nah. I'll try de Mazarin.

Ha! Another one with an ENTP fetish then?

I wouldn't have turned my back, I was just in bed. It was like, 5am or something.

nolla - I don't plan it either, that's why we're P's - we don't have agendas!! :) That was just Ti back-engineering what Ne does automatically.

Jeffster - I didn't mean to suggest that you fake, I'm sure you don't. I've been called 'the most sincere person' someone's met too, many times. And yet looking back I can often see that sometimes I've faked even when someone was calling me genuine, I was faking in some respect though not consciously. What I mean is that we lie to ourselves subconsciously without even realizing it or meaning to, all the time. That's part of growing up I think, when we look back at times of our lives and realize that what we thought we wanted, or meant, or were trying to do, what we told ourselves we were doing, wasn't actually the case, we were working by the evil proddings and battlings of the id and ego. But this doesn't in my book, make a person insincere, it just makes them human. What I mean is that all any of us can do is be as genuine as we can, but from time to time all of us can't help being fooled by our egos and only like, Zen masters or something manage to avoid that completely (though one really wise Buddhist guy I know who's in his 80's admits to still falling for the ego sometimes).

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Oh - was it on the issue of insincerity that my name was mentioned?

You should meet me in real life.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
everyone is crazy it's just that some of us are good an disguising it. the rest of you are just bad disguiser's. For shame! :azdaja:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The formal definition of "good crazy":

An asinine ass rat on the back of a Cracker Jack box...

...who - due to his/her unconventional way of thinking, feeling, analyzing, or behaving - makes you feel like calling the doctors right away; however, they somehow make you giggle, laugh, and smile inside because in spite of their unconventionality - or rather because of it - they make you stand in awe of their creativity and imagination. Nonetheless you still have to stand there, scratch your head, and have a combination of the following expressions on your face:
:huh::shock::happy2:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So do you think mentally ill people are more likely to be attracted to MBTI[c]? If so why?
People who are mentally ill or even just emotionally unbalanced may be more likely to spend lots of time online. Being online provides social interactions for people who feel isolated in some way. My impression is that the percentage of people with issues is higher online than you would find in a workplace for example, where consistent performance is a requirement for being there. There are a lot of people with issues in society, so I'm not certain how much higher it is in online communities than the norm, but it could be a bit higher. I have also noticed (myself included) that people often spend more time online when going through a difficult period in their life when they feel lonely or cut-off or just dealing with things that go beyond their support network irl.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Where do you think that's coming from?

Ive been thinking that the difference with this place and others is that here your type tells people where to label you so you don't need to show people who you are. You see someone with the type in their profile and you remember some friend of yours with the same type. It helps give some flesh on the bones.

Nah
in other places, the type is in the signature
but if you feel or experience something i don't
go right ahead

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
hahaha, I just snookered the hexagon game computer, well that is crazy xD