• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Crazy people and MBTI[c]

Mole

Permabanned
If I don't like it, I'll blame you.

There was that thing called "Staatssicherheit" in old Eastern Germany...

I still wake in the night screaming, thinking there is an extrovert in bed with me.

So bring back the Wall and staatssicherheit and take the extroverts out of my bed and shoot them down like dogs in the street.

Harsh, you say? But an extrovert in bed is like a crying baby destroying sleep and peace of mind. Did I say, peace of mind? I meant, my mind. They destroy my mind. They send me crazy.

Is it any wonder I scream in the night. I awake shaken and turn to MBTIc for comfort and company. They say I am just another crazy on MBTIc, but I know who to blame and it's you.

G

Ginkgo

I still wake in the night screaming, thinking there is an extrovert in bed with me.

So bring back the Wall and staatssicherheit and take the extroverts out of my bed and shoot them down like dogs in the street.

Harsh, you say? But an extrovert in bed is like a crying baby destroying sleep and peace of mind. Did I say, peace of mind? I meant, my mind. They destroy my mind. They send me crazy.

Is it any wonder I scream in the night. I awake shaken and turn to MBTIc for comfort and company. They say I am just another crazy on MBTIc, but I know who to blame and it's you.

Not many can come to terms with being crazy themselves. However, "craziness" is generally attributed to some mental abnormality, and abnormality is opposed to the status quo. There is no absolute status quo, so what do we do? We just try to put them further in line with various facilities so they don't cause too much chaos. Pharmaceuticals, prisons, and mental wards are all ways of controlling people if they can't control themselves. I think, though, that you may find that there are many "crazies" living right next door, making decisions in high places, and blending in with society as to not throw a monkey wrench into normalcy. So crazy can't be defined by whether someone fits in or not... how do you define it? I think people are just fundamentally different, and some are so vastly outlandish that they are intolerable to most people. But what if there was a society full of "crazies" who worked with each other - a place where like minded people could congregate to be crazy? Well, I'm pretty sure that place is the world.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Everyone here is either bored or fucking nuts. There are a lot of similarities between these two conditions, namely not knowing how to live.

I would love to see your observations! :holy:

Starting with yourself, of course. ;)

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe if the crazy "Mental Disease" pill prescribing profession...

More carefully studied MTBI, and the bio-mechanics of developmental brain chemistry.

They'd come to realize that much of what they perceive to be ADHD is purely inherent and perfectly NORMAL behavior for certain personality types.

Maybe if more people studied those aspects of living. They'd put the pity-party pill doctors out of business.

G

Ginkgo

I am crazy.

Have you ever wondered if scorpions are so spunky because they still think they're these things?

hist_img_04_silu.jpg

And are humans stupid because they still think they're unicellular organisms?

(This is part of my evaluation).

Also, does superman exist? If so, why?

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
i should be crazy_er from all the crazy and loneliness that i went through but i'm strangely sane.

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

More carefully studied MTBI, and the bio-mechanics of developmental brain chemistry.

They'd come to realize that much of what they perceive to be ADHD is purely inherent and perfectly NORMAL behavior for certain personality types.

Maybe if more people studied those aspects of living. They'd put the pity-party pill doctors out of business.
YESSSSSS!!!!!

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Seriously tho - when I began my training as a mental health nurse, out of a class of 20 there were 3 with strong psychoses. Apparently this is not unusual in mental health whether it be psychologists, psychiatrists or nurses. I suspect the same proportion or thereabouts would be attracted to Typology. This rate is well above the occurrence in the population at large.

Most people who suffer from psychoses these days are 'managed' so it would only be if they stopped taking meds that you would notice.

Sunny Ghost

i mean, honestly... aren't we all a little crazy? seriously.

the only normal people, are the people you don't know well. :)

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

I agree - I have never laid claim to sanity and never will but there ARE those for whom a psychosis is a serious impediment to daily living for them and their loved ones.

Some of these tho would willingly trade sanity to maintain their creativity.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wandered on here because I was bored one day.
But before then I have been lurking around, because I have serious identity issues...I'm most likely crazy, in clinical terms.

Mole

Permabanned

Only a very small percentage of the population are psychotic. Under the Bell Curve almost all of us are normal.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Only a very small percentage of the population are psychotic. Under the Bell Curve almost all of us are normal.

If we were all psychotic then we would be normal and the bell curve would represent that. We have to have a baseline of normal before we can have abnormal.

Mole

Permabanned
If we were all psychotic then we would be normal and the bell curve would represent that. We have to have a baseline of normal before we can have abnormal.

Rather than starting with a baseline for normal, we end with what is statistically normal.

Sunny Ghost

I agree - I have never laid claim to sanity and never will but there ARE those for whom a psychosis is a serious impediment to daily living for them and their loved ones.

Some of these tho would willingly trade sanity to maintain their creativity.

oh, agreed.

my point is, most people would find comfort in something like the mbti as we all have some sort of inconsistency or oddness, for which we would find solace in understanding the psychology behind mbti. and for those that don't, are simply in denial of their own abnormalities. i can think of a few people i know offhand who may claim to be "normal," not realizing their own idiosyncrasy's.

Sunny Ghost

i apologize for the run-on's. i didn't feel like going back and fixing it though. sowwy if it urks you.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

blah blah blah

A post from addforums:

i was almost diagnosed with Disorganized Schitzophrenia and didnt find any relief from this "mind over matter" bull**** even after several suicidal episodes and attempts - because living a life where you cant even organize your own thoughts to have a conversation just didnt seem worth living..

oh.. and i wasnt eating for days on end because i was litterally going insane because i couldnt organize myself enough to make my own meals..

ya.. Mild Symptoms (symptoms that are almost inconsiquencial at all!) must be nice.

Yeah I've never heard anything so normal.

I'm close to quitting this site. Any good that can possibly come from typology is surely overshadowed by the enormous harm caused when paired with already poorly-researched, ill-informed opinions. Harm as in preventable suicides, unemployment, debt, homelessness, substance misuse etc. going unprevented because people refuse their genetically impaired or brain-damaged kids (often brain damaged by their own actions, drinking, smoking etc. when pregnant) medical treatment until it's slapping-you-in-the-face obvious that they need it, by which point huge damage has been done and they've been misdiagnosed with bipolar or something just because "ADHD isn't that bad so if it's killing you it can't be that, have some anti-psychotics that won't help a jot but will give you hideous side effects". :steam: