• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why are you here? What does it do for you?

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I came here from an INTJ forum, which quickly got old, because being in a forum full of people exactly like me was, shockingly, not as fun as it sounded. I prefer conversing with a variety of personalities.

I also came here out of a desire to understand the different ways that people think and view the world.

I stayed because there are a lot of genuinely intelligent, funny, awesome people here.

Passacaglia

I stumbled upon TypeC while researching D&D alignment -- if you think MBTI is oversimplified and/or flawed, it ain't got nothin' on D&D alignment :rofl1: -- and registered an account on impulse.

If I have a goal for being part of the forum, it's to gain a better understanding of MBTI; I'd like to be able to explain each of the four spectrums IRL conversation, and take a stab at typing my close friends and family.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I came here originally because I took the test and I wanted to know more about my relationships. I stay because there are excellent topics, intelligent people and good conversation.

ubot

MBTI Type
isfj
I took a test in psych class some years ago. Typology is interesting but I don't think I want to get involved with all its little details. There's more action here than other typology related forums I've casually visited, so I like that.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I briefly scanned some of the latest posts by Mole. Based on that, I did not see any personal belittling, but consistently offering contrary inputs. Though necessarily brief, they are articulated ok. I do not find anything wrong in his reply here also. I imagine it to be born from the skeptic toolkit structured for hard science. Its bound to run contrary on a typology forum and as long as its not personal I would certainly consider his views.
Contrary input is fine, even welcome, but best when supported with evidence. Unsubstantiated claims, especially when repetitive, are far less constructive, but even that we tolerate up to a point.

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Came here to lurk for more information. Found little information I didn't already know that is also useful. Decided to help type people. Left. Now I'm back because procrastination.

Mole

Permabanned
Contrary input is fine, even welcome, but best when supported with evidence. Unsubstantiated claims, especially when repetitive, are far less constructive, but even that we tolerate up to a point.

This is an odd accusation to make against me, when mbti itself is not supported by evidence. For 75 years there has not been one random double blind experiment done with mbti.

Mbti is evidence free, so enables us to fantasise freely about our types.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A systematic puzzle that calls on introspective and interpersonal thought? Sold.

More seriously, my process of personality development throughout life has been very contradictory, and it's hard to describe in a way that ties it all together. Typology may be no physical phenomenon, but it offers a language for temporal psychological shifts that are difficult to reconcile with each other.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is an odd accusation to make against me, when mbti itself is not supported by evidence. For 75 years there has not been one random double blind experiment done with mbti.

Mbti is evidence free, so enables us to fantasise freely about our types.
I have made no accusations about you. Moreover, the literature and the internet are replete with evidence relating to MBTI. You may not consider it conclusive, but it is evidence nonetheless.

Mole

Permabanned
I have made no accusations about you. Moreover, the literature and the internet are replete with evidence relating to MBTI. You may not consider it conclusive, but it is evidence nonetheless.

Mbti is not based on intellectual integrity, it is based on fantasy.

And fantasy is the attraction of mbti.

And to continue to claim mbti is based on evidence twists the mind. It corrupts the mind.

And we recruit vulnerable school children because their minds are easily corrupted.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I come back for the community. I'm not much of a poster/forumer, mostly a ventrilo'er where the interactions are more "real" :p

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mbti is not based on intellectual integrity, it is based on fantasy.

And fantasy is the attraction of mbti.

And to continue to claim mbti is based on evidence twists the mind. It corrupts the mind.

And we recruit vulnerable school children because their minds are easily corrupted.
Specifically what conclusions or recommendations of MBTI do you find insufficiently supported by evidence, and where and how does the evidence fall short?

Intellectual integrity involves supporting one's assertions with facts, not simply making empty and hyperbolic claims.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am not here very often of late, but have spent time here mostly for observation and discussion about and around the Enneagram. I've found a lot of value in reading what people who identify with certain types write, the way they write, what they say about themselves, etc. People here are, for the most part, very warm and open-- which has made studying and observing really a pleasant experience. :)

Senkrad

MBTI Type
FiTe
Enneagram
YwX
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some kind of morbid curiosity brings me back here. I'm not even interested in typology yet I still return in times of frustrating boredom.

Mole

Permabanned
Some kind of morbid curiosity brings me back here. I'm not even interested in typology yet I still return in times of frustrating boredom.

Boredom is repressed anger. So what are you angry at?

Senkrad

MBTI Type
FiTe
Enneagram
YwX
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Boredom is repressed anger. So what are you angry at?

Perhaps it has something to do with my drug addicted, abusive father, my neglectful mother, my mentally disabled sibling that refuses to get help in order to become better and live a somewhat normal life, being physically and psychologically bullied at school during my younger years, being shunned by my peers for not behaving like other children and never having any friends to talk with, for being slow and not accomplish things in the same amount of time as others do, for knowing that I am a good and kind soul yet no one stays with me for longer than they need to?

Or maybe I just made all that up and the true answer is just that I am really bad at coming up with stuff to pass the time that I just mindlessly wander from site to site on the huge interwebs?

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The purpose of studying mbti and sharing on the forum is to understand different personalities and knowing myself better. Different points of view are very useful about any subjects, and probably mainly when one feels concerned and is looking for a solution...

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
I think I only use the Web and forums to advance and learn.......everybody else got standard knowledge, i can too.....we all hold the same space in this universe...:hi: