• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why are you here? What does it do for you?

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
and this sounds odd, but MBTI is nonsense.....i like social sciences which of course includes psychology, but MBTI reflects human biases and cites NTPs as bad and SFPs as good. read descriptions of such and you'd see more negatives on balance for NTPs relative to SFPs. :):hi:

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
im here, because of my disintegration to 7. in other words, seeking stimulus to avoid awful thoughts\emotions.

if we go back, 5 years, when i discovered typisms.. well, same reason. =)

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I don't know. I'm just setting the stage for confusion.

That and it's nice to have a place that for some reason tolerates my low - grade passive aggressive bullshit. Or just ignores it, fleas that don't bite don't get the scratch.

Mole

Permabanned
Standard Knowledge

I come here to discover standard knowledge.

And like Gaul, standard knowledge is divided into three parts.

There is spoken standard knowledge, there is literate standard knowledge, and there is electric standard knowledge.

We all learn spoken standard knowledge at our mother's knee, we learn spoken standard knowledge naturally and intuitively.

Almost all of us learn literate standard knowledge by being ripped from our warm spoken home and compelled by the State to go to a special institution called a school, with specially trained staff called teachers, to learn to read and write.

And once again we are learning electronic standard knowledge naturally and intuitively at home with the telephone, the television, the radio, and the computer.

And interstingly, the spoken standard knowledge is the content of literate standard knowledge, and the literate standard knowledge is the content of the electric standard knowledge.

So the spoken standard knowledge, the literate standard knowledge, and the electronic standard knowoledge, fit inside each other like Russian dolls.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I came here initially because I had an interest in typology. That has changed somewhat; suffice it to say I walk with my eyes wide open to the pitfalls. Though I have come to think that the incomplete nature is a virtue. Uncertainty stimulates growth, perhaps that is the genius of MBTI. A starting point for self directed study; psychology, philosophy, people internalising the categorise, and building useful subjective models of interactions. All started from a simple dichotomous test.

As for why I'm still here? I still have an interest in typology; or perhaps I simply enjoy a place where I'm not the craziest person around, who knows?

Noon

You people are somehow still the most intelligent and least anal retentive (they have to be kept together) place on the interwebs I know. :huh: