• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Study supports the theory that men are idiots

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Summary: "The theory that men are idiots and often do stupid things is backed up by new evidence. The findings are actually based on an analyses of sex differences in idiotic behavior. Worthy candidates of idiocy include a man stealing a ride home by hitching a shopping trolley to the back of a train, only to be dragged two miles to his death before the train was able to stop; and the terrorist who posted a letter bomb with insufficient postage stamps and who, on its return, unthinkingly opened his own letter."

Study supports the theory that men are idiots -- ScienceDaily

:D

iHeartCats

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
no
I feel that you are discriminating my female gender with this post. I think that women are just as capable of idiotic deeds as men.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I was totally expecting this to be an onion article. What makes it hilarious is that men more often accuse women of being hysterical or illogical (usually in regards somehow to them wanting objectifying sex without emotional consequences, though surely not always) when in fact they ignore their own anger aggression and egotism is just as emotional and ridiculous. Crying is not the apex of emotion, though we aging emo kids like to celebrate it's validity.

Henceforth, a return to civilized matriarchal villages is in order. You guys have fun hitching rides on trains with trolleys.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is not surprising if you consider that men have more statistical outliers than women when it comes to intelligence, i.e. there are both more idiots and more geniuses among them while women tend to cluster a little more around the stable middle. It all evens out in the end.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
This is not surprising if you consider that men have more statistical outliers than women when it comes to intelligence, i.e. there are both more idiots and more geniuses among them while women tend to cluster a little more around the stable middle. It all evens out in the end.

My psychology professor in college taught us that being a genius is actually a sort of disability where all of your intelligence is so focused into one area that the genius often cannot function normally. So hmmmm.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
face-palm-58180229598.jpeg

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My psychology professor in college taught us that being a genius is actually a sort of disability where all of your intelligence is so focused into one area that the genius often cannot function normally. So hmmmm.

That depends on how your raised. I am not disabled by my intelligence, nor is it focused in one area. Now if you have another disability along with genius then you probably cant function normally. I wouldnt say that being a "genius" causes that.

I agree that men are idiots along with women. They are just idiots in different ways.

Mole

Permabanned

Yes, natural selection finds men more expendable than women. So natural selection is more profligate with both ends of the male Bell Curve.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cool and all, I guess, but how in God's name did this get published in BMJ?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Saw this many days ago. Wondered how long it would take to get on the forum so I could mention this. This so-called study is completely worthless. It's based entirely on counting the ratio of men to women who won a Darwin Award. That has no scientific value at all.

All further speculation pertaining to this "study"* is on no firmer ground than any speculation based on any other random assertion anyone happens to feel like making.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
No one needs a study to know that people, male and female, are idiots.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Amen, [MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION]. I've known both men and women whose idiocy was at such dangerous levels that they should have been isolated from the population for everyone's protection, including their own.

I will say that I have noticed that while men aren't necessarily more idiotic than women, they do seem to be more impulsive and more inclined to take risks. When I was in school, it was always the boys who were injuring themselves while attempting some ridiculous feat on the playground, not the girls. And they don't really ever grow out of that. When a man narrowly cheats death, how does he usually react? "That was AWESOME!!"

That could conceivably come across as idiocy.

93JC

When I was in school, it was always the boys who were injuring themselves while attempting some ridiculous feat on the playground, not the girls. And they don't really ever grow out of that.

When they're young they say "Hey, watch this!" to their friends before attempting ridiculous feats.

When they're older they say "Hey, hold my beer and watch this!"

blahblahbob

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4

Psychologists would say that because smart people see through their bullshit.