• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Generalisation and MBTI

Mole

Permabanned
Humpty Dumpty, the Text, and the Context

Yes, familiar but unexperienced.
It’s all case by case, and totally depends on how you need to use the subject to select the perfect generalisation level based on you.

Yes, each level of generalisation has its own specific effects, for instance, if we change the context, we change the meaning of the text, of course this flies in the face of the belief that author creates the meaning of the text.

And on Typology Central members complain when I change the context of their text, not realising the meaning of electronic text is the electronic reply, and my reply is often to change the context, but this is against the rules of literacy, not realising that literacy is now merely the content of electronic text. Look, you are now reading etext and the content is text.

So as you quite rightly say the possibility exists to tailor the levels of generalisations to our wants and needs. All we need to do is let go the shiboliths of literacy.

And as Humpty Dumpty said, the only question is who is to be master, the text or the context.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
And as Humpty Dumpty said, the only question is who is to be master, the text or the context.

I’ve always wondered how to set the focus level.
Even yet I haven’t figured out the answer but all I do:
When the situation is ordinary and the speaker is ordinary…
If you’re a sensor, pick context.
If you’re intuitive, pick the text.
This won’t cause problems.

Mole

Permabanned
Sacred and Profane Texts and Contexts

I’ve always wondered how to set the focus level.
Even yet I haven’t figured out the answer but all I do:
When the situation is ordinary and the speaker is ordinary…
If you’re a sensor, pick context.
If you’re intuitive, pick the text.
This won’t cause problems.

In fact text and context are in dynamic relation to one another.

On the other hand the text in the Koran is sui generis. The text in the Koran is independent of context because it is the unalterable word of Allah for all time and for all peoples.

And in the Bible the word is in the beginning, and the word is God so the Biblical word is also independent of context.

In fact we could make the claim that all sacred texts are independent of context, and this is what makes them sacred.

But in the profane world, text and context are dynamically related, text and context dance with each other, even begetting further contexts.

So the sacred text is the wall flower, while the profane texts dance to their heart's content.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
In fact text and context are in dynamic relation to one another.

On the other hand the text in the Koran is sui generis. The text in the Koran is independent of context because it is the unalterable word of Allah for all time and for all peoples.

And in the Bible the word is in the beginning, and the word is God so the Biblical word is also independent of context.

In fact we could make the claim that all sacred texts are independent of context, and this is what makes them sacred.

But in the profane world, text and context are dynamically related, text and context dance with each other, even begetting further contexts.

So the sacred text is the wall flower, while the profane texts dance to their heart's content.

Don’t worry, Alla’s words are perfect:
-We already know what we need, although it’s meaning holds full knowledge of everything, so we don’t have to get it all.

-We’re responsible of what we know, thus, no judgment unless we know and we can not a mistake.

-So there are three things we can do:
>Do good things: reward.
>Do mistakes: punishment/forgiveness.
>Avoid mistakes: Avoid punishment.

-We can possibly end up in:
~Heaven if: good things you did>bad things you did
Duration: forever
~Hell if: good things you did<bad things you did
Duration: depends and every stage has forgiveness case by case.
~And there’s somewhere for a group of people who done equally good and bad things.
Duration: ??

-Of course responsibility starts once you’re acknowledged correctly.
for example, if someone doesn’t know, no punishment.
Also if someone is incorrectly told, no punishment.

Thus,
No need to worry.
Another problem I should clarify with the light of knowledge?

Mole

Permabanned
On one hand we are told by a good muslim that Allah's words are perfect, but once we change the context, we change the meaning.

For example, if we tell an Islamic sex slave that Allah's words are perfect, we change the meaning of the words.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
On one hand we are told by a good muslim that Allah's words are perfect, but once we change the context, we change the meaning.

For example, if we tell an Islamic sex slave that Allah's words are perfect, we change the meaning of the words.

I meant what I said the way I intended.
Changing the meaning of my words makes it turn to other words that are no longer mine.

Mole

Permabanned

I’m not sure what you mean, such thing is not islamic anyway.

Islamists in the Middle East and Africa are religiously carring out the commands of Allah in the Koran. One of those commands is the killing of Kafir and the taking of their young women into sexual slavery.

The Islamists are carrying out the pure form of Islam for which they will be rewarded for ever in Heaven.

Mole

Permabanned

I meant what I said the way I intended.
Changing the meaning of my words makes it turn to other words that are no longer mine.

Perhaps these are not your words but they are the words of Allah in the Koran.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Islamists in the Middle East and Africa are religiously carring out the commands of Allah in the Koran. One of those commands is the killing of Kafir and the taking of their young women into sexual slavery.

The Islamists are carrying out the pure form of Islam for which they will be rewarded for ever in Heaven.
This is ignorant nonsense. What kind of distorted source do you get your information from?

Mole

Permabanned
This is ignorant nonsense. What kind of distorted source do you get your information from?

I get my information directly from the Koran, the Hadith and the Siri, as well as from the Muslim Students' Association at the Australian National University, and of course from the very words of the Islamists themselves on the internet, which anyone can find anywhere in the world.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I get my information directly from the Koran, the Hadith and the Siri, as well as from the Muslim Students' Association at the Australian National University, and of course from the very words of the Islamists themselves on the internet, which anyone can find anywhere in the world.
What are the differences between islamists and muslims?

Mole

Permabanned

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It is the same difference between Islam and muslims.

Not all muslims are devout. Not all muslims are hellbent on restoring the Caliphate and Sharia Law. However accurate polling of muslims throughout the world show a very large number support Sharia Law arrived at through Islamic terror.

Read the results of the polls for yourself at Muslim Opinion Polls - Challenging the 'Tiny Minority of Extremists' Myth
Interesting polls. Quite worrying indeed though questionable depending on the poll processes and thought too. I'm unsure what accuracy means here.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Uhmmm.. Actually I can reply to this forever to prove that this is wrong as it’s obviously.
But I don’t reply to poor language, I always respect everyone so I expect that in return and as proper.
So I shall only continue when improvements are done. Finally to turn your next claim against me down..
Dear [MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION], you cannot understand the words in Noble Quran as they’re in excellent true arabic, fws7a accent is not used today, why? it’s too accurate and detailed and hard grammar..
There for you should read arabic tafseer by a clever islamic scientist (=arabic version translation)
Why clever? Because every islamic scientist understands, but clever ones can translate.
I related clever to arabic language skills.
If we want to know the truth, we should not hold any opinions for or against until we learn it then we can analyse and question later. :)