• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Psychologically speaking, what is Kanye West's deal?

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sorry if this offends any Kanye fans, but I think it's pretty obvious that the dude is unstable. He has consistently shown that he has narcissistic tendencies, delusions of grandeur, an extremely volatile temper, a history of violence, and almost no understanding of social etiquette. He also seems to lack empathy for others; even when he defends other people, it's clearly a ploy to gain more attention. And his reactions to criticism are... like a child throwing a tantrum. I've never seen such extreme attention-whoring in my life. He actually STOPPED a concert and threw a fit because one person wasn't on their feet, worshiping him. The person turned out to be in a wheelchair.

This is seriously unhealthy behavior. He seems insane, and possibly dangerous. Has this guy ever had professional help?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
He's just an extroverted somatic narcissist.

Chuffney

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3/8
Instinctual Variant
so
Kanye has fans?

He actually STOPPED a concert and threw a fit because one person wasn't on their feet, worshiping him. The person turned out to be in a wheelchair.

Not strictly true, as far as I recall he asked everyone to get on their feet for a particular song next up on his setlist, and as soon as he realised the chap was disabled he said "Well if he's in a wheelchair it's okay", and then proceeded with the set.

He's just become so used to the media and loud minorities within the public giving a damn what he does or has to say. What always irritates me is that if I acted like Kayne even half of the time I'd end up in prison and/or a secure mental unit within 3 months, but when you're famous it's just a bit of drama.

Last edited:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Kanye has fans?

Not strictly true, as far as I recall he asked everyone to get on their feet for a particular song next up on his setlist, and as soon as he realised the chap was disabled he said "Well if he's in a wheelchair it's okay", and then proceeded with the set.

He's just become so used to the media and loud minorities within the public giving a damn what he does or has to say. What always irritates me is that if I acted like Kayne even half of the time I'd end up in prison and/or a secure mental unit within 3 months, but when you're famous it's just a bit of drama.

Kanye West is so severely narcissistic that he actually sounds psychotic or retarded at times, and that might not be that weird if he was drunk, but this is an apparently a consistent and sober behavior. Like seriously when he did the thing to Taylor Swift, I was like, oh he was just being a drunk ghetto asshole who has some deep seated hatred of middle class white women. But then when he started talking about being the next Nelson Mandela and decided to make the Confederate flag his, I was like...um...oh yeah, ok. I actually don't think he's very smart. If he were a more intelligent narcissist he would probably anger me, because narcissistic people often do, but no he's just kind of like....wut bro.

Probably because he's a proud non reader of books. He's an ignorant narcissist, so what they say sounds that much more absurd.

Either that, or he actually has a mental illness. I read an article where someone broke it down to narcissistic personality disorder, someone who has a professional background (though not necessarily a license, I think professionals can have their license revoked for public speculative diagnosis. ..) and a psych student chimed in that she or he actually thought Kanye shows negative characteristics of schizophrenia....however, narcissistic people can become grandiose and delusional to the point of being obtusely conspicuous.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Compensatory narcissism, imo. He's insanely insecure. Listen to My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

God tier producer, tho. Really talented. And he almost singlehandedly pushed gangsta rap out of the mainstream and replaced it with his brand of alternative hiphop, has 3 modern hiphop classics under his belt, and almost all of his musical output is lauded by everyone everywhere. That could easily inflate anyone's ego to ridiculous levels.

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Oh no. He's probably incredibly secure. I looked up his early life and he wanted to be a rapper since the third grade. This is likely what a person does when they have won life. I know the type of person. They're interesting people. Narcissism to compensate is interesting though. If it is true, then I am likely a narcissist. Hence why that is not true. I am more self focused and introspective though, and this is a great example of that. In fact, at times it is the opposite of narcissism. Of course this is debatable, might make a thread about it.

He seems to think his success is because god is watching out for him. These kinds of people are fearless.

"I know I got angels watchin me from the other side."

Very religious person, ironically.

Pretty much, I see it as though he sees himself as having worked very hard to get to where he was. This pisses people off. I'm on the mind to agree with him though, after reading his bio. The crazy stuff he does is his break from the hard work perceived. Or he is incredibly stressed and this is his way of relaxing. I don't know which. Could be both or neither. I could be spouting stuff that is incorrect.

But yeah, I believe he isn't too hard a thinker, and more a hard worker, and this also contributes to people thinking he's dumb and lazy even though he is quite bright and hard working. Proof is in the fame and fortune. He's also brutally honest. I find that when a person is that brutally honest, they're weird. Just by being so honest.

For more research I listened to his album my beautiful dark twisted fantasy, as suggested. First words he said were "I fantasized about this in Chicago." I only listened to dark fantasy. Seems a metaphor for his success. He was in the shadow though, which is odd for the supposed narcissist. Obviously trying to distract focus from himself and promote attraction to the rest of the stage. Also referred to himself as an average person who struck it big. I believe such is the metaphor of this, although it is under the soprano line of "so high".

Counter argument? His solo in that song seemed improvised, putting an exceptional amount of faith in his own ability. Crowd didn't seem to mind how out of pitch he was in the second verse. Could be my own experience with music making it magnified to me.

Link: Kanye West - Dark Fantasy ft. Teyana Taylor - YouTube

Conclusion: he is a narcissist, but this is explainable because he is successful and is living his dream, and thus logically has a strong self image. But I'm sure internally there is a rift, and thus the compensation. He could feel guilt for his fame and fortune, or remorse for giving up the humble life. So, that's my guess, hope you understand, even though I cannot assume that.

Crabs

Permabanned
Sorry if this offends any Kanye fans, but I think it's pretty obvious that the dude is unstable. He has consistently shown that he has narcissistic tendencies, delusions of grandeur, an extremely volatile temper, a history of violence, and almost no understanding of social etiquette. He also seems to lack empathy for others; even when he defends other people, it's clearly a ploy to gain more attention. And his reactions to criticism are... like a child throwing a tantrum. I've never seen such extreme attention-whoring in my life. He actually STOPPED a concert and threw a fit because one person wasn't on their feet, worshiping him. The person turned out to be in a wheelchair.

This is seriously unhealthy behavior. He seems insane, and possibly dangerous. Has this guy ever had professional help?

well said.

if only the grammy's respected artistry as much as kanye does.

this might shed some light on his rampant narcissism and emotional ineptitude, discussing his latest debacle at the grammy's:

"Right when that happened, everybody was looking at me and then people started screaming, 'Kanye! Kanye! Go do it!' Okay, that didn't really happen. These were voices in my head," West told Ryan Seacrest on his KIIS FM radio show Wednesday morning. "So the voices in my head told me go and then I just walked up like halfway up the stage."

"I was asked my opinion and I was given a platform. And when given a platform, it's very hard as we know – and I'm going to talk in third person like I'm a crazy person – but it's very hard for Kanye West to not be very true and vocal to what he feels," he said. "You know, it's like people take the Grammys for granted in a way because of the commercials, because a lot of the musicians are very rich and everything, but this is our Super Bowl."

Noon

"Everything I'm not made me everything I am. In my humble opinion, that's a prophetic statement. Gandhi would have said something like that." "I feel like a little bit, like, I'm the Braveheart of creativity."

The Kanye West self-confidence generator makes me so happy. But ego aside, he is at least talented.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
tumblr_m0wia81C0Y1qkyfen.gif

I wish I could pull that

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ

In my opinion...well I mean it's based on the fact that he is pretty dumb with regards to everything except for music. Kanye can barely string a coherent sentence without speaking broken English, he probably knows nothing about anything except for making beats and even his rhymes are pretty crappy and uninspired compared to less known rappers.

His fame and success is no indication of his skill...as it goes with all artists...and he is ignorant and lacks for education....so he is the ideal representative the media wishes to portray of African males since the media is biased and racist.

On one hand he complains about racism but on the other he helps propagate negative stereotypes. He is the court jester of our society and undoubtedly will help feed the prison system as Jay Z does too...as rap music iS correlated to violate behaviors in young men.
He is probably a narcissist with a very low iq.

If I had to guess...he is among the least intelligent people on the planet...low iq, to the level of 85-90, is accompanied by lack of control of impulse. Kanye is undoubtedly a strange man but he proved up and part of the structure which promotes racism. He is a Trojan horse Uncle Tom

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
To illustrate my point ask yourself why reporters would interview warren buffet and jay z together. Both are billionaires but look at the message: in order to be a billionaire an African male is inspired to rap, take drugs, and play the thug. The Caucasian on he other hand simply has to wear a suit and delegate. If we consider the effects on a young and impressionable mind, imitating Kanye or jay z will land 1/3 males in prison. Imitating warren buffet will land 0/10 males in prison.

Guess what demographic is statistically more liable to imitate jay z...and you will see how even art is harnessed to pump and fuel the artery of oppression.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
/relevant

Type "www.loser.com" in your search engine. See what comes up.
Who spent money to do this?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Type "www.loser.com" in your search engine. See what comes up.
Who spent money to do this?

If you were interested in an answer.... twocowsdomains.com, but it doesn't cost them much. They own loser.com and are probably just sitting on it to sell as soon as somebody is willing to pay the price they want. It doesn't take them anything to point it to where ever they'd like in the meanwhile.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This will sound trite, but I really think he's insecure and feels like he needs to prove something. Like if he's anything less than divine, he's not good enough. And he seems to think everyone else is on the same page as him, and interprets their comments and actions through that lens, like everyone is telling him he's not good enough and he has to keep fighting back against them.

There have been a rare few times in my life where I've said something way more boastful about myself than I normally would, and I did so in the midst of self-defense against someone who I thought was unfairly criticizing me. I think Kanye is just doing that, all the time, in the extreme.

Crabs

Permabanned
This will sound trite, but I really think he's insecure and feels like he needs to prove something. Like if he's anything less than divine, he's not good enough. And he seems to think everyone else is on the same page as him, and interprets their comments and actions through that lens, like everyone is telling him he's not good enough and he has to keep fighting back against them.

There have been a rare few times in my life where I've said something way more boastful about myself than I normally would, and I did so in the midst of self-defense against someone who I thought was unfairly criticizing me. I think Kanye is just doing that, all the time, in the extreme.

except he's had this superiority complex long before his outbursts garnered heavy criticism. he seems like he legitimately believes that he's been endowed with some sort of divine wisdom and his views supercede that of everyone else. in an interview responding to his song, 'I Am a God' he affirms, “'I just told you who I thought I was: A god. I just told you. That'’s who I think I am."

In my opinion...well I mean it's based on the fact that he is pretty dumb with regards to everything except for music. Kanye can barely string a coherent sentence without speaking broken English, he probably knows nothing about anything except for making beats and even his rhymes are pretty crappy and uninspired compared to less known rappers.

His fame and success is no indication of his skill...as it goes with all artists...and he is ignorant and lacks for education....so he is the ideal representative the media wishes to portray of African males since the media is biased and racist.

On one hand he complains about racism but on the other he helps propagate negative stereotypes. He is the court jester of our society and undoubtedly will help feed the prison system as Jay Z does too...as rap music iS correlated to violate behaviors in young men.
He is probably a narcissist with a very low iq.

If I had to guess...he is among the least intelligent people on the planet...low iq, to the level of 85-90, is accompanied by lack of control of impulse. Kanye is undoubtedly a strange man but he proved up and part of the structure which promotes racism. He is a Trojan horse Uncle Tom

you make a lot of valid points. he does seem exceptionally unintelligent coupled with insufferable arrogance. it's not just his linguistic shortcomings, but his inability to form any sort of logically sound argument when he's ranting about whatever he doesn't like.

i'm not convinced, however, that there is a grand conspiracy by the media to portray african males in a negative light. kanye goes out of his way to draw attention toward his obnoxious antics because of his narcissistic impulses. many black celebrities have expressed criticism of him. the media's biggest priority is making money and will generally do whatever is necessary to boost profits or appeal to the masses. negative publicity is sometimes just as valuable as its opposite.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
except he's had this superiority complex long before his outbursts garnered heavy criticism. he seems like he legitimately believes that he's been endowed with some sort of divine wisdom and his views supercede that of everyone else. in an interview responding to his song, 'I Am a God' he affirms, “'I just told you who I thought I was: A god. I just told you. That'’s who I think I am."

you make a lot of valid points. he does seem exceptionally unintelligent coupled with insufferable arrogance. it's not just his linguistic shortcomings, but his inability to form any sort of logically sound argument when he's ranting about whatever he doesn't like.

i'm not convinced, however, that there is a grand conspiracy by the media to portray african males in a negative light. kanye goes out of his way to draw attention toward his obnoxious antics because of his narcissistic impulses. many black celebrities have expressed criticism of him. the media's biggest priority is making money and will generally do whatever is necessary to boost profits or appeal to the masses. negative publicity is sometimes just as valuable as its opposite.

There's no conspiracy needed. Racism permeates because biologically humans are wired to go or support people who are like them.

Because media channels are owned by racists they propagate racism. To be honest our media channels are far less racist than media channels in other countries but yet still...they are racist.

I'm proud that we have done so much to overcome racism in the west but we can alway improve.

Thanks for pointing out the points you think are valid. He does not speak coherently...it sounds like he even has some brain damage.

Crabs

Permabanned
There's no conspiracy needed. Racism permeates because biologically humans are wired to go or support people who are like them.

Because media channels are owned by racists they propagate racism. To be honest our media channels are far less racist than media channels in other countries but yet still...they are racist.

I'm proud that we have done so much to overcome racism in the west but we can alway improve.

Thanks for pointing out the points you think are valid. He does not speak coherently...it sounds like he even has some brain damage.

indeed, people tend to naturally relate better to those who are similar; and the mainstream media is still aimed at a predominantly white audience. i'm not sure that equates to racism though. what is the connection between the media and nazis? supposedly, most of the industry tycoons are jewish.

edit: nevermind, i see that you edited your post. but the nazi reference confused me a bit.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
indeed, people tend to naturally relate better to those who are similar; and the mainstream media is still aimed at a predominantly white audience. i'm not sure that equates to racism though. what is the connection between the media and nazis? supposedly, most of the industry tycoons are jewish.

edit: nevermind, i see that you edited your post. but the nazi reference confused me a bit.
Portraying predominantly African males as thugs is racist. There is no doubt about it. Read angela Davis she marks it out in clear facts and data.

As for nazis...nazi research for public persuasion is used heavily in marketing. Research has no demographic.

Edit: mainstream media is actually aimed at several demographics but portrays Caucasians in the best way. I think your misunderstanding the facts. The number one consumers of television are multiracial. But you are correct in assuming that television portrays Caucasians in the best light if that is what you meant. Which is part of the racism that I alluded to.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
I think he's faking it. I believe it is just an act.

He certainly wouldn't be the first celebrity/artist who has become widely known and debated for their outrageous, unconventional, over-the-top behaviour, and he certainly won't be the last either.

To win the famous game, you need constant buzz and hype. Pretending you think you're actually The Rap Jesus? He's trolling us. And he's amazing at it.