• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

People don't understand my sense of humor because they are stupid

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe they are stupid. There are 99% reasons for that. Because there are 99% of people who are less intelligent than I.

You are assuming that "intelligence" (by the context of your previous posts on your IQ, I infer that you mean "g" by this) is the only relevant variable.
There may be others, you know; such as context of the humor, how well you know the people, whether you changed the subject, the vehicle by which the humor is delivered (online or live? Stand-alone or stand-up? etc.), the *topic* of the humor, and so on.

Not every social event need carry meaningful information about those elements or factors *you* are focusing on. One of the hardest things for N-types to learn.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Usually it is better to show than tell. So showing us someone not understanding your sense of humour, I think, would be rather funny.

Perhaps this thread itself is a demonstration of what he's talking about.

Are you amused, Mole?

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My mom thinks I'm funny.

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
It is clear that if the reader is wiser, the thread will also reveal itself to be wiser; the more stupid the reader, the more sterile he is, and the more stupid the thread; it is possible that the thread itself can be more stupid. Some readers need constant explanations of topics. Some rather can explain a writer. As for my vision of the world, which is a sinister, erotico-senusal and frankly monstrous one, I will repeat it once more: it is not necessary to be frightened. I do not deny it; it constitutes my legitimate propriety, and who among you does not know the benign complexes, the revolts and the troubles of this difficult period that is maturation—the affectation and the ‘frivolous’ distance that characterize it? I sincerely envy those individuals who, from the age of thirteen, attain the plenitude of harmony and reach a psychological equilibrium when facing contemporary problems. A benevolent reader will perceive, however, that the title the present work is precisely ‘People don't understand my sense of humor because they are stupid' and not ‘People need an additional dose of explanation because they're stupid'. Hence, he will draw the conclusion that my soul has long been free enough from this swamp to look around at the world.

LonestarCowgirl

Maybe they are stupid. There are 99% reasons for that. Because there are 99% of people who are less intelligent than I.

Awww, you poor, pitiful thing. Sitting there all by your lonesome, superior intelligent self, laughing at your own jokes. What a cruel joke. :hug:

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Awww, you poor, pitiful thing. Sitting there all by your lonesome, superior intelligent self, laughing at your own jokes. What a cruel joke. :hug:

You destroyed me. I'm sitting in the corner of the room and weeping. That's what I deserve when I'm messing with the girls with higher education.