• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Freud and Jung

Mole

Permabanned
Freud ran from the Nazis.

And Jung ran to the Nazis.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Freud is a tool.
Jung is cool.
:cool:

Mole

Permabanned
And religion and romanticism are the enemies of the Enlightenment.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jung preached religion and romanticism.

While Freud practised reason.

On what basis could you possibly make this claim? Freud had a hundred crack-pot theories that were no more than conjecture, but stated with the auhority of sceintific absolutism. Just because Freud said it was so, and a bunch sheep followed his tone of auhority, does not mean that Freud was a man of reason. It he seemed quite the opposite to me.

Now Jung had some mysticism about him, but certainly no less than Freud, and I would say that Jung's ideas probably came closer to the reality of how the mind works, having described it has a machine of modular, functional process of varrying abilities.

Jung also wasn't so completely obsessed with sexuality, so he didn't overmphasize it, nor was he quite as prone to label things pathological. Freud did it left an right.

And from here on out, let me say that I don't care about how Freud or Jung related to the Nazis, because that doesn't say anything about the legitimacy of their theories.

Mole

Permabanned
On what basis could you possibly make this claim? Freud had a hundred crack-pot theories that were no more than conjecture, but stated with the auhority of sceintific absolutism. Just because Freud said it was so, and a bunch sheep followed his tone of auhority, does not mean that Freud was a man of reason. It he seemed quite the opposite to me.

Now Jung had some mysticism about him, but certainly no less than Freud, and I would say that Jung's ideas probably came closer to the reality of how the mind works, having described it has a machine of modular, functional process of varrying abilities.

Jung also wasn't so completely obsessed with sexuality, so he didn't overmphasize it, nor was he quite as prone to label things pathological. Freud did it left an right.

And from here on out, let me say that I don't care about how Freud or Jung related to the Nazis, because that doesn't say anything about the legitimacy of their theories.

Jung, Islam and the Nazis are all opposed to the Enlightenment.

And the Enlightenment gave us everything we value around us.

And the Enlightenment is synonymous with reason and freedom.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jung, Islam and the Nazis are all opposed to the Enlightenment.

That's an odd statement, in so far as I can't tell what it's purpose or relevance is. The only relevant thing I can pick out of that is the comment about Jung, and I don't think he was exactly against the whole enlightenment.

And the Enlightenment gave us everything we value around us.

Huge over-statement.

And the Enlightenment is synonymous with reason and freedom.

Ehhh.. it meant less freedom for some people. And what about it being a synonym with reason? This seems to be the making of some kind of pseudo-logical equation.

In general, what you said was psycho-babble that seemed rather incoherent to my response.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd like to know this "the Enlightenment" is, you almost make it sound like a religion itself.

Edit: and yes, you should set up your own blog. looks like you need one badly.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
No wonder science has become it's own religion...

NO!
NEVER!
RELIGION?
YOU'RE WRONG! LOOK IF WE CALCULATE THESE TWO FACTORS X AND Z WE'RE INSTANTLY DRAWN TO THIS CONCLUSION. SCIENCE IS NO RELIGION.

(No seriously it's not a religion: Science actually has potential, but almost all of the scientific community could pass for zealots)

Mole

Permabanned
I'd like to know this "the Enlightenment" is, you almost make it sound like a religion itself.

The Enlightenment is very important - you might even say of overriding importance in relations between your country and mine.

For your country was founded by Religious Dissidents while mine was founded by the Scottish and English Enlightenment.