• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are Ps Perfectionist?

Hang

MBTI Type
INFJ
Even though I'm not a P, they always find a way to my heart.

As I get to know them and their habits, I find it that they are perfectionist.

Whether it's an ENTP, INFP, INTP, ISFP, (dunno about ENFPs), etc...
The way they spread on cream cheese on begals.
Their artwork or projects.
Or correcting me on a simple grammar mistake.
Everything has to be perfect.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hehe, and they're picky, but who isn't.:D

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
If it's something I care about, then yes, (arguably) irrational amounts of time will spent doing something, pain will be persevered through, until it's finished to my high standards.

If I don't care about it, or logic overrides and gives me a reality check, then perfectionism wont be sought.

I have a lot of respect for painful penance and the Japanese attention to detail. There's often a philosophical connection, too.

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
When I'm told to grab the vacuum cleaner and remove all the tiny particles from our floors, I am definitely not a perfectionist.

When I'm expressing myself artistically or practising equestrianism, I am very much a perfectionist.

Hang

MBTI Type
INFJ
When I'm told to grab the vacuum cleaner and remove all the tiny particles from our floors, I am definitely not a perfectionist.

When I'm expressing myself artistically or practising equestrianism, I am very much a perfectionist.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I see in Ps.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP

Me, too, minus the horses.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
J's are somewhat anal retentive about many things. P's are very anal retentive about few things. ;)

lastrailway

I think it depends on the person, though Ps are more likely to be perfectionists with things they care about, while Js can be perfectionists with just about everything.
It really depends on the person, though.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yep, Liquid Laser wins the topic as usual. :yes:

aguanile

MBTI Type
IXXP
Enneagram
4w5
I most certainly am a perfectionist. It is a curse.

LucrativeSid

It's not logical to be a perfectionist. It is logical, and quite ideal, for me to try as hard as I can on something that's important to me.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Hang

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think it depends on the person, though Ps are more likely to be perfectionists with things they care about, while Js can be perfectionists with just about everything.
It really depends on the person, though.

What do you mean by it depends on the person?

heart

heart on fire
I am a perfectionist about the things that matter most to me, everything else no.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Sometimes I'm perfectionistic; sometimes I'm careless; sometimes I try hard and produce the mediocre; sometimes I barely try and produce the exceptional.

ixquic_creation

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm a perfectionist...

...until my "Ohh! Shiny!" instinct kicks in and I go wander off to find my new obsession.