• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why Do We Assume Ugly People Are Good?

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Being told that you have no social skills is hardly complimentary.
True true. I guess what I meant was like...it's said in a way that makes it sound like it's a handicap rather than a personal failing.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
My pet theory: ugly people who also have a sucky personality don´t have anyone around. They are completely socially isolated, so you don´t even ever meet them.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The thing is, it's not impossible to look better. I'm not talking about Guess models "look better", but just presentable enough for job interviews, and... dating market. Shave, Cut/trim hair regularly, shower and brush teeth daily, put on your deodorant, eat clean with moderation or don't eat at all please :dry:, walk to places, ask a friend with better sense of fashion to go shop for clothes with. I can't honestly believe that a person who lets themselves go by not showering, not shaving, eating to obesity, not knowing how to put on some decent pieces of clothes, etc. can do well in anything more complicated than taking care of themselves. Unless they're Einstein and work in their basement.

For me, I never assume unattractive looking people have poor skills or personalities. In fact, I get more cautious when I interact with attractive people, questioning "what else do you have? Are you here because you worked your way here or you just get a lot of passes, from free drinks in the bar to flirting your way out of traffic stops, to getting a job, and easy sex?". It's an automatic thought process. Maybe because I've met so many ugly good looking people.