• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A theory

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
What if online you are a different person like your doppleganger comes out and people on here know you as that. But IRL your very different in how you approach things. Does that mean what they're typing you on here is true. Because you aren't being inauthetic it's just a different side of you that you can't express in the real world. Out of fear of being punched or getting the "you just hit my dog" face which kills me. So In real life you're conflict avoidant unless someone pushes you far enough then you will destroy them, but feel extremely guilty even though they deserved it. but on here you're always in conflicts. or if it's a company if you express your feelings they might get made and make things worse so you say nothing. because you don't want to make things worse.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
do you see what I'm saying?

yep! i do. people can behave differently online. some people probably have a bigger split in their internet vs real life selves. but i think both are still a reflection of the individual on some level.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I see. You are acting out your shadow functions online because there are less repercussions than IRL.

that's it, so if that's the case wouldn't my type be if (the person who is telling me my type is correct based on the evidence) be the opposite of what they said

- - - Updated - - -

yep! i do. people can behave differently online. some people probably have a bigger split in their internet vs real life selves. but i think both are still a reflection of the individual on some level.
yes, so which is more them?

yeghor

that's it, so if that's the case wouldn't my type be if (the person who is telling me my type is correct based on the evidence) be the opposite of what they said

- - - Updated - - -

yes, so which is more them?
The one you use to interact with people outside the confines of your home is your dominant or preferred personality. The one you use at home is you too but it's weak for RL situations.

If your shadow is more active in the forum, people will type you as the mirror image of who you really are IRL.

I consider my outside type as an armor or mask or an interface that I take off when relaxed, feeling safe or at home. I still put it on on those settings easily but I'd prefer not to cause it helps me cool down my main persona and replenish my resources.

Consider it a muscle system made up of two different muscles. You use the dominant one most of the time but switch to the weak one whenever you can so that the former can recover and the latter can get some practice and stronger.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
they both feel natural.

not sure then. maybe your 'true' self is a combination of the two. kind of the gray area in between the two extremes you're experiencing.

yeghor

Shadow functions manifest themselves when your main self fails to cope with something (negative feelings like anger, sadness, fear etc) or when you have no fear of repercussions and retaliations.

Consider how you act towards or around strangers. That's your main (guarded) type.

Consider how you act around family or close friends. That's your shadow type.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What if online you are a different person like your doppleganger comes out and people on here know you as that. But IRL your very different in how you approach things. Does that mean what they're typing you on here is true. Because you aren't being inauthetic it's just a different side of you that you can't express in the real world. Out of fear of being punched or getting the "you just hit my dog" face which kills me. So In real life you're conflict avoidant unless someone pushes you far enough then you will destroy them, but feel extremely guilty even though they deserved it. but on here you're always in conflicts. or if it's a company if you express your feelings they might get made and make things worse so you say nothing. because you don't want to make things worse.
I guess if you're REALLY different online, then maybe you could say you were acting like a totally different type. But I don't think it's possible for you to have more than one self. So while your online behavior may be true to a different type, you yourself are still not that type.

Edit:
not sure then. maybe your 'true' self is a combination of the two. kind of the gray area in between the two extremes you're experiencing.
^ This

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I guess if you're REALLY different online, then maybe you could say you were acting like a totally different type. But I don't think it's possible for you to have more than one self. So while your online behavior may be true to a different type, you yourself are still not that type.

so I'm correct when I try to argue that something isn't my type? when people are typing me off of here?

yeghor

so I'm correct when I try to argue that something isn't my type? when people are typing me off of here?
You are correct anyway if you feel that they mistyped you.

What's it that troubles you about this different real life and online persona thing and people mistyping you based on your online persona?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
You are correct anyway if you feel that they mistyped you.

What's it that troubles you about this different real life and online persona thing and people mistyping you based on your online persona?

that when I try to explain why I don't think thats true and site real life stuff they keep insisting they are. the fact they don't actually listen to what i'm saying, and are so convinced they're right

yeghor

that when I try to explain why I don't think thats true and site real life stuff they keep insisting they are. the fact they don't actually listen to what i'm saying, and are so convinced they're right
Why not just ignore them?