• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A theory

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am always my shadow type

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What if online you are a different person like your doppleganger comes out and people on here know you as that. But IRL your very different in how you approach things. Does that mean what they're typing you on here is true. Because you aren't being inauthetic it's just a different side of you that you can't express in the real world. Out of fear of being punched or getting the "you just hit my dog" face which kills me. So In real life you're conflict avoidant unless someone pushes you far enough then you will destroy them, but feel extremely guilty even though they deserved it. but on here you're always in conflicts. or if it's a company if you express your feelings they might get made and make things worse so you say nothing. because you don't want to make things worse.

I'm the opposite of you but yes.

Conflict irl

None on here.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People are multifaceted, and different facets are gonna come out in different settings.

(That's simpler than it needs to be, but :shrug:)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm.

Well, irl I am not much different at home than I am online, but I am very different at work because I have to restrain my bluntness and tone down my playful side. But probably not so different as I think.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Hmm.

Well, irl I am not much different at home than I am online, but I am very different at work because I have to restrain my bluntness and tone down my playful side. But probably not so different as I think.
it's interested how people describe my approach to conflicts irl vs approach to conflicts online and the descriptions are opposites. I get told i'm a definite extrovert and more emotional online while offline i'm told i am most defintely an introvert and more logical. I dunno who's right and perhaps it doesn't matter.irl I'm conflict avoidant online I dive right in

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Haaa...hrm. Okay like JTG1984 right he was very scrupulous about maintaining an image on here, so much so that people tended to say things like he was ENTP or ISTP, but if you knew him and talked to him day in day out he could be all like serious and hypercritical and perfectionistic and so forth as well as this sense of humor he has, that is extremely common actually in Socionics ISFj (all funny people are not ExxPs or STPs) ...and I CAUGHT HIM doing it AGAIN on another web site (long story) ...but he is a master at fooling people in terms of having an audience and it's partly because of his natural ISxJ tendency to WITHDRAW at the "right" moment and not say too much...so in fact he was still expressing his natural Si dom personality even while presenting his shadow.

He's one of the most extreme examples that I know of to be a fact, personally. I am kind of in between.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Haaa...hrm. Okay like JTG1984 right he was very scrupulous about maintaining an image on here, so much so that people tended to say things like he was ENTP or ISTP, but if you knew him and talked to him day in day out he could be all like serious and hypercritical and perfectionistic and so forth as well as this sense of humor he has, that is extremely common actually in Socionics ISFj (all funny people are not ExxPs or STPs) ...and I CAUGHT HIM doing it AGAIN on another web site (long story) ...but he is a master at fooling people in terms of having an audience and it's partly because of his natural ISxJ tendency to WITHDRAW at the "right" moment and not say too much...so in fact he was still expressing his natural Si dom personality even while presenting his shadow.

He's one of the most extreme examples that I know of to be a fact, personally. I am kind of in between.

I don't think I'm that extreme but it's interesting how different people are online vs offline and there's the common theory that more extroverted you appear online the more introverted you are in real life. So I'm wondering because I prefer to make decisions based on empircial evidence and try not to get my emotions involved in the decision making process that my emotions over flow online cuz i don't express them irl. and the thing that I noticed with me if I'm mad about something it's usually not because my feelings were hurt but what the person is doing isn't aligning with who they claim they are. or there's some inconsistency, or they're wrong and i've proven them wrong but they keep insisting they're not. basically it doesn't make sense logically. like if I've given you empircal evidence that you're wrong you should accept because when someone gives me empirical evidence that proves me wrong i apologize and learn something new.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it's interested how people describe my approach to conflicts irl vs approach to conflicts online and the descriptions are opposites. I get told i'm a definite extrovert and more emotional online while offline i'm told i am most defintely an introvert and more logical. I dunno who's right and perhaps it doesn't matter.irl I'm conflict avoidant online I dive right in

I however didn't tell you any of that. Perhaps you need to listen to the right people.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think I'm that extreme but it's interesting how different people are online vs offline and there's the common theory that more extroverted you appear online the more introverted you are in real life. So I'm wondering because I prefer to make decisions based on empircial evidence and try not to get my emotions involved in the decision making process that my emotions over flow online cuz i don't express them irl. and the thing that I noticed with me if I'm mad about something it's usually not because my feelings were hurt but what the person is doing isn't aligning with who they claim they are. or there's some inconsistency, or they're wrong and i've proven them wrong but they keep insisting they're not. basically it doesn't make sense logically. like if I've given you empircal evidence that you're wrong you should accept because when someone gives me empirical evidence that proves me wrong i apologize and learn something new.

Honestly prpl you probably aren't that different, you probably, like me, seem extroverted in writing.

I think FPs probably come across more authentically, because unlike IxxJs, we don't have that kind of chart-the-course mentality.

With JTG I think it was more like...I don't think people would imagining him scrubbing tile grout and screaming at kids to get off the tennis court and nitpicking music down to a very specific aesthetic that he liked and saying things like "I'm boring sometimes, people don't know how much goes on inside my head, that's why I know how to say witty things because I think so much"...he showed more of himself in vent, and even more than that one-on-one (it's impossible to keep up a charade 24 hours a day) but his forum presence was largely calculated in some regards (like his blog and his veiled shitty comments to others) ...or actual out of character occasional melt downs.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't say everyone told me that. don't feel so special. i meant generally.

People are generally wrong about typology. It is the most intellectual abused system of thought I have ever seen.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
People are generally wrong about typology. It is the most intellectual abused system of thought I have ever seen.

yes I know, part of the reason for this thread is an explanation why i don't automatically accept everyone's typing of me. I might come to that conclusion down the line and sure people will have influenced it but i'm not gonna blindly agree if that makes sense.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Even in person people in the same group, on the same night, typed me as: ESFP, ENFP, ENFJ, ESFJ, and INFJ.

Then another person who I met in person who is ENFP thought I seem ISFx in person...and someone also typed me as ISFP after seeing a video of me. JTG also thought I was ISFP after getting to know me better.

You cannot type someone without picking their goddamn brain. You have to watch them CLOSELY, you can't just say "oh this person acts stupid/crazy/trouble-making and/or out of control on the forum, must be an ExxP of some sort" ...

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yeah I can relate to that. IRL I am usually a bit more cautious and think before speaking, unless I'm in a particularly spunky mood any given day.

I think that I'm more outspoken and aggressive online because I couldn't give a flying fuck about the consequences. This is probably true about 99 percent of the online populace lol.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yeah I can relate to that. IRL I am usually a bit more cautious and think before speaking, unless I'm in a particularly spunky mood any given day.

I think that I'm more outspoken and aggressive online because I couldn't give a flying fuck about the consequences. This is probably true about 99 percent of the online populace lol.

yep but people forget this fact.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yep but people forget this fact.

Yeah, well fuck 'em, I guess.

I think the internet is a healthy outlet for people. Before the internet, people had all this shit bottled up; now we have a handy tool to voice all of our insanity and neuroses to the world with little fear of repercussion or punishment. That means we can read insightful, intelligent things from people who otherwise would never have voiced their words aloud, but it also means we have to read every retarded, harebrained opinion from every idiot who feels like sharing.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yeah, well fuck 'em, I guess.

I think the internet is a healthy outlet for people. Before the internet, people had all this shit bottled up; now we have a handy tool to voice all of our insanity and neuroses to the world with little fear of repercussion or punishment. That means we can read insightful, intelligent things from people who otherwise would never have voiced their words aloud, but it also means we have to read every retarded, harebrained opinion from every idiot who feels like sharing.
:sorry: