• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: The Banned and the Damned

Jaguar

Yes, the Catholic Mass is an age-old trance induction, refined and perfected over many centuries.
Some Catholics merely get bored at Mass but many others go right down to trance level four where they can't distinguish between imagination and reality.

Ages ago, the Catholic Church was afraid polyphony in music could lead people to doubt the unity of God. Certain distances between notes were considered dissonant, and subsequently banned by the Church, since they were certainly the evil work of Lucifer. Today, those "evil" sounds are commonly known as: pitch.

What do you expect from the Catholic Church, rational behavior?

Mole

Permabanned
Reason, Mysticism and Catholicism

What do you expect from the Catholic Church, rational behavior?

The Catholic Church prides itself on their doctrine of Faith and Reason.

The Catholic Church prides itself on establishing the first universities.

The Catholic Church prides itself in bringing us Ancient Greek culture through the Renaissance.

The Catholic Church has internalised the values of the Enlightenment of evidence and reason.

And the Catholic Church through education has brought prosperous countries universal literacy.

And as well as reason the Catholic Church has given us mysticism: the mysticism of the Mass as well as many living mystics.

My favourite mystic is Simone Weil (pronounced Vey), the first woman graduate of the Catholic founded Sorbonne University in Paris.

The lovable Simone incarnated both reason and mysticism.

Could we ask for more?

Mole

Permabanned
Sounds more jungian than freudian

"In 1980, after having worked as a psychoanalyst and an analyst trainer for 20 years, Miller “stopped practicing and teaching psychoanalysis in order to explore childhood systematically".[10] She became critical of both Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung."

Freud was rational. Miller was rational. Jung was psychotic.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Freud was rational. Miller was rational. Jung was psychotic.

Yet, much of what you talk about(like in general on the forums, your ideas and such) follows the jungian model of the psyche really closely :D . Maybe you havent studied jung to the extend where you would be able to see it as clearly as i can(but modern psychology follows Jungs model more than freuds and thats most likely where you got adopted jungian ideas so much). Or maybe your unconscious is trying to tell you something?

Mole

Permabanned
your unconscious is trying to tell you something?

Psychotics wear their unconscious on their sleeves. In other words, the unconscious of psychotics is not under their conscious control. This is why they are insane.

I do quite understand that the New Age romanticizes insanity. And I do understand that adolescents want to experience their unconscious without the control of their conscious.

However grownups, about the age of 22, have learnt conscious control of their unconscious, both their superego and their id. But such mature control comes at a price, which Sigmund Freud set out in his book, Civilization and Its Discontents.

And strikingly, narcissists don't want to pay the price of civilization; and adolescents aren't yet ready.

We may read, "Civilization and Its Discontents, by Sigmund Freud, published in 1929 by clicking on http://www2.winchester.ac.uk/edstudies/courses/level two sem two/Freud-Civil-Disc.pdf

Jaguar

Freud was rational.

"My dear Jung, promise me never to abandon the sexual theory. That is the most essential thing of all. You see, we must make a dogma of it, an unshakable bulwark."

That was the end of Freud and Jung working together.

Unsurprisingly, he gave Freud a middle finger salute and headed on down the highway. Alone.

Tater

freud: does your mommy give you a boner?
jung: no, but you give my middle finger a boner.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Psychotics wear their unconscious on their sleeves. In other words, the unconscious of psychotics is not under their conscious control. This is why they are insane.

I do quite understand that the New Age romanticizes insanity. And I do understand that adolescents want to experience their unconscious without the control of their conscious.

However grownups, about the age of 22, have learnt conscious control of their unconscious, both their superego and their id. But such mature control comes at a price, which Sigmund Freud set out in his book, Civilization and Its Discontents.

And strikingly, narcissists don't want to pay the price of civilization; and adolescents aren't yet ready.

We may read, "Civilization and Its Discontents, by Sigmund Freud, published in 1929 by clicking on http://www2.winchester.ac.uk/edstudies/courses/level two sem two/Freud-Civil-Disc.pdf

Psychotics have malfunctioning unconscious in itself, but yes the unconscious shows more readily in psychotic people, but the unconscious is not that as much in control of anyone as we would often want to believe. Meditation and in some cases therapy and religion are way of gaining more control over the unconscious(except ofc in the case of religion the shape of the unconscious and how it is felt is more or less dictated by other people). Its funny that some religions even say this thing; "become a christian and you get to heaven" "become a jew and you get to jew heaven" "become a new age hippy and you get to the god head or whatever" etc etc

and yes, the frontal lobes which send inhibitory signals(in attempts to filter unwanted information), partly control dopamine streams and handles some important things in conscious(at least seemingly) decision making etc etc etc develop slower compared to other parts of the brains. nn freud for that info

Mole

Permabanned
Jaguar;2339589Unsurprisingly said:
gave Freud a middle finger salute and headed on down the highway. Alone.

Carl Jung headed down the highway to his father figure, the Führer. Carl Jung headed on down the highway to abuse his female patients. Carl Jung headed down the highway to psychosis. And Carl Jung openly and actively supported his father figure, the Führer, in driving the Jew, Sigmund Freud, from his home and murdering his extended Jewish family.

Mole

Permabanned
freud: does your mommy give you a boner?
jung: no, but you give my middle finger a boner.

This is the vulgar interpretation of the myth of Oedipus.

This vulgar interpretation does not even understand this Ancient Greek myth. In particular this vulgar interpretation does not even know that Oedipus did not know that he had killed his father and slept with his mother. And it this not knowing that is the essence of the Ancient Greek tragedy.

But worse, this vulgar and ignorant interpretation of the myth of Oedipus has the specific purpose of assassinating the character of the Jew Sigmund Freud.

First, they assassinated his character, then they drove him from his home and murdered his extended family.

And today the character assassination of the Jew, Sigmund Freud, continues on Typology Central.

Mole

Permabanned
Meditation and in some cases therapy and religion are way of gaining more control over the unconscious

It is development of the Ego which gives us control of our unconscious, consisting of our Id and our Superego.

We are born without Ego control, and slowly, with the support of our parents, our teachers, and our peers, over a period of about 22 years, we learn Ego control of our Id and Superego.

Jaguar

Carl Jung headed down the highway to his father figure, the Führer. Carl Jung headed on down the highway to abuse his female patients. Carl Jung headed down the highway to psychosis. And Carl Jung openly and actively supported his father figure, the Führer, in driving the Jew, Sigmund Freud, from his home and murdering his extended Jewish family.

Too funny. The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon awaits you.

Mole

Permabanned
Why is the thread The Banned and the Damned so compelling?

Is it because we think there but for the grace of God go I?

Of do we take schadenfreude in the banning of others?

Or are we shocked to find the circle is broken?

Or do we simply dislike the authority of moderators?

Or do we think we would like to have the power of a moderator to ban the trolls?

Or would we be such a bleeding heart we would never ban anyone, no matter what the provocation?

What does it all mean? And what would I do if I were banned? What would you do if you were banned?

Who knows?