• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Positive Racism?

Romello

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?
I'm white and feel as though I'm kinda racist in a positive way. This crossed my mind tonight when I hit the town with my one and only black companion. I felt noticeably better in his company than I do with acquaintances of mutual ethnic persuasions. More confident, as if I fit in more precisely. Idk...it's just black people are like twice as fly as whites, more testosterone, less bitching...simpler even? See, that's what I mean. I can barely talk about this without fearing offending someone even though to me it all inwardly seems so beneficial/ pleasant. Thoughts?

Ghoul

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
huh
That's called being a trendy white masochistic liberal. So tolerant. lol "simpler" nice touch.

Romello

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?
That's called being a trendy white masochistic liberal. So tolerant. lol "simpler" nice touch.

Yeah that's what I was thinking but then I realized, and I hope this doesn't too vague or spacey for an ISTJ to appreciate, I sense this vibe about the races, it's like a scale ya know..there's fiidgity/ obnoxious on one end, then there's this this "cool" factor that dominates the other, like movement, demeanor, outlook... hard to explain but yeah generally the darker the complexion the farther toward the swag side of the spectrum. generally. That's gotta be something more sincere than guilty tolerance...I'd just call it racism

Ghoul

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
huh
Yeah that's what I was thinking but then I realized, and I hope this doesn't too vague or spacey for an ISTJ to appreciate, I sense this vibe about the races, it's like a scale ya know..there's fiidgity/ obnoxious on one end, then there's this this "cool" factor that dominates the other, like movement, demeanor, outlook... hard to explain but yeah generally the darker the complexion the farther toward the swag side of the spectrum. generally. That's gotta be something more sincere than guilty tolerance...I'd just call it racism

Oh boy you are absolutely suffering from what is being described in this 8 minute video I'm going to link you. But given that you hate being pinned (mr xxxx) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5pIka2ElqE serve as someone else's lesson.

Last edited:

Romello

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?
Oh boy you are absolutely suffering from what is being described in this 8 minute video I'm going to link you. But given that you hate being pinned (mr xxxx) have an 8 minute video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5pIka2ElqE at the very least you can serve as someone else's lesson.

Yeah man idk group polarization sounds like good old fashioned social survival to me. Sacrifices and masking your true character to be liked by the group is basically all of what human interaction is...and are you kidding me? I love being pinned (not in that way..get your mind out of the gutter...) I just don't feel confident enough in my type to display it for all to see. And since you were kind enough to link me a video, here's one for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu2qAzjEpd4

xisnotx

Permabanned
i just got called simple yo..
..half simple, i guess...

that's messed up.

you mean to tell me i only have half the swag of a full black guy?

white people with their cultural appropriation, i swear...
just be yourselves, damn.
race isn't even a thing, we just make it so.

also...my mixed guy swag goes toe to toe with anyone's. darker the complexion wtf?
even white people say this? black people say this all the time as well...it's actually disturbing.

talking about "light skin n..." all the damn time. you know how much talk we get for being light skinned? there are so many memes online over just this...it's funny to me though.

i remember when seattle played denver in the superbowl, the joke was denver was going to win because "i don't trust light skinned quarterbacks..."

uhh...what was that score again?

i don't care if you're 100% black, 100% white, or 100% asian...
i got swag...if that's what you want to call it...because i do.

In the immortal words of MIMS...
"I'm hot cuz I'm fly, you ain't cuz you not..."

Also...that has to be like one of my favourite songs lol

"This is why I'm hot, I ain't gotta rap...I can sell a mil saying nothing on the track. I represent new york, I got it on my back...n..say that we lost it, so I'ma bring it back..."

Like he legitely rhymed back with back, but it worked haha

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I normally avoid these comments, but really...

white people with their cultural appropriation, i swear...
just be yourselves, damn.
race isn't even a thing, we just make it so.

I have dealt with these myths in various threads around the forum, for example in my posts about the Eskimo and Albino negroid vs European. Race has nothing to do with skin colour. The evidence for race is that ethnic groups within a race are more closely related to each other than to any group outside that race, and there are quite a wide variety of traits that show racial variation as well. Some of the more obvious ones are cranial volume and pelvic width...and of course dick length. Don't believe me? Look up the map.

also...my mixed guy swag goes toe to toe with anyone's. darker the complexion wtf?
even white people say this? black people say this all the time as well...it's actually disturbing.

talking about "light skin n..." all the damn time. you know how much talk we get for being light skinned? there are so many memes online over just this...it's funny to me though.

Light skin is a sign of status in most cultures I know of, and I have been to many countries. The exception would be Northern European and colonial countries, where it is considered a good thing to be tanned. However, the upper classes traditionally had a more Nordic appearance, which makes me think that this is a more recent fashion trend.

By contrast, East Asian women deliberately avoid the sun, and as you mention light skin is a sign of status amongst African communities in the US.

Ghoul

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
huh
I blame the media as far as easily corrupted young minds like OP go. He didn't like the non-threatening hipster-dipster white dude image he saw on a music video and instead wanted to be like usher. Bix de doo diggy bop da nood. Music is terrible.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I blame the media as far as easily corrupted young minds like OP go. He didn't like the non-threatening hipster-dipster white dude image he saw on a music video and instead wanted to be like usher. Bix de doo diggy bop da nood. Music is terrible.

The Truth: Hip Hop - Rap Listeners Are Prone to Violence

Hardly surprising really. However, not all music sends negative messages and is associated with bad behaviour, and I don't think it's an adequate assessment of Romello.