• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Speaking loud in public

yeghor

This might be some kind of selective memory thing but I've noticed that some female tourists, particularly from germanic countries, have this habit of talking in a loud voice, at a level I'd consider twice the normal public speaking voice, like they want others around to notice and witness their private dialogue as well.

And usually they are accompanied by men who keep silent or do not raise their voice.

What would speaking too loudly in public imply in terms of mbti or personality?

how do you react to such people?

Does this have something to do with culture?

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
This might be some kind of selective memory thing but I've noticed that some female tourists, particularly from germanic countries, have this habit of talking in a loud voice, at a level I'd consider twice the normal public speaking voice, like they want others around to notice and witness their private dialogue as well.

And usually they are accompanied by men who keep silent or do not raise their voice.

When I do it, it's because I get so excited and absorbed in my conversation, I forget I'm in public. My voice just gets louder and louder and I don't notice until someone shushes me.

it might be exhibitionistic for some people. Will reply in greater depth tonight, once I'm off work.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Some cultures have more subtle ways of communication, some are more expressive, fast and loud. Some personalities are more expressive and loud than others. Culture can effect behavior to some extend, but some really silent introvert probably wont yell much, unless maybe when drunk(german tourist might also drink loads of beer on holidays). Also men and women often are bit different when drunk, but its not always the case, that again depends on personality.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Everybody in my family has a very loud voice. I personally try to tone it down, which I always seem to be able to do... unless I'm discussing taboo-ish things I should actually be quiet about. The irony. I guess it's a genetics thing.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I dunno if I'm loud in public but when I'm suppose to talk quietly because the person in the next room isn't suppose to hear what I'm saying I unconsciously go louder :doh:

Romello

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?
What it would imply about type/ personality (personality type)- EXXX would be the conclusion most would instinctively jump to. Although I find those of any type with strong Fe to be more talkative than most others...
How I react- Become quietly irritated or perk up with interest, depending on the content of what they're so generously letting me hear.
having to do with culture?- Indeed. very much so.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A

Nobody speaks as loudly as Americans, and this goes for both the men and the women. It has more to do with culture than personality. While I have a naturally loud voice, I generally show reserve in public.

Priceless, about the English as well...

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it's funny when someone doesn't remember their inside voice...

But are we "supposed to" have outside voices too now? :huh:

Meh, I've seen a lot of types be loud in public. It's usually because they get emotional about something.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ha......and people tell me to shut my face in public. I know exactly the type of people you're referring you - you can't tell what kind of accent they have, but it sounds like it could be foreign or European and a fair amount of them are women.

I don't know if it all has to do with MBTI. I know soft-spoken extroverts and crazy and wild introverts. As for culture, I'm not sure. I wouldn't assume it right away.

I just try to get away from them as quick as possible :shock: they annoy me too!