• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is your sleep pattern normal or abnormal?

Is your sleep pattern normal or abnormal

• Total voters

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm curious

I want a more involved poll so please elaborate

1.)how many hours a night you get?

2.)do you feel like you get enough?

a.)what factors prevent you from getting more?
b.)can you do anything to change these

3.) how has your sleeping pattern changed over the years?

4.)anything else you want to divulge?

5.) what time do you go to bed on average and what time do you wake up on average?

93JC

1) 5-6 on weeknights, 8-10 on weekends

2) On weeknights, no. I need 8 to feel well-rested.
a) I spend too much time on my computer and don't go to bed early enough.
b) I should go to bed earlier and stop using my computer so much.

3) When I was a teenager my sleep patterns were perfect for me. I would fall asleep around 11 pm and wake up at 7 am, every single day. University screwed this up, because I had to be ready to catch a bus at 7:05 am to get to campus on time for my first lecture.

That said, I would say that my sleep patterns are more 'normal' than 'abnormal' compared to those here who have divulged their patterns in ventrilo, so I vote 'normal'.

5) On weeknights, midnight to 6:00, and then interrupted sleep from 6:00 to 8:00. On weekends sometime between midnight and 2:00 and I get up between 8:00 and noon.

Last edited:

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) I average 8 at the minimum. More than 8 if I sleep at less optimal times (thus less efficient sleep).
2) Yes (unless I time my sleep very bad -> very inefficient)
3) As a kid it was just hard to fall asleep early but it wasn't too bad. I remember myself going to bed only at midnight when I was 5, my mother was pleading me and then I finally agreed to go to bed :p.
Then, as a teenager, I developed DSPS.
When I started to go to university, no longer needing to wake up at the same time every morning, my sleep pattern became completely irregular. I'd often sleep 10-14 hours during the day.
When a few years later I started regularly working out, that helped me force a little more regularity. But then I noticed my sleep pattern was not only like DSPS but a mix of DSPS and Non-24. Basically I'd usually go to bed late, but my bedtime would slowly shift to later and later times. Until I ended up going to bed in the morning. Then I decided to not sleep until next evening and the cycle would restart. The cycle would take about a month to complete.
I'm trying to regulate it a bit better now, I find strong sunlight in the morning helps. Napping 1-2 hours in the evenings also helps to make me sleepy at night. I can't yet say I'm normal now but I've had a few weeks here and there where I was getting up at 9AM regularly (going to bed at midnight/1AM). It was hard to make my DSPS less extreme though, took me over 1 months to adjust it. My sleep cycle is still extremely flexible, I don't have much jetlag even when travelling over continents.
4) Nah, the above is enough details :) Just one thing. As soon as I put my head on the pillow, I'm asleep. Even during the day I can do this. Probably to do with the crazy sleeping cycle.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
1.)5.5-7.5 hours
2.)yeah most of the time, though I'm always dead tired til midnight and my brain is useless, basically me deprogramming a bomb shouldn't happen before 11pm though i can't deprogram bombs but if i could.
3.)it's gotten better I used to average 3-5 hours when I was younger. and better i mean it's the normal amount
4.)no
5.)3:30 or 4- 10:30 or 11. I have attempted to go to bed earlier but I find it takes a week or 2 of waking up early before my body will even begin to consider sleep before 3:30 and it's not over thinking or anxiety it's my body is convinced that it's not bed time no matter how tired I am. when I had to get up around 8 i'd be asleep around midnight

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
1. I get 4-6 hours of sleep per night.

2. No. I don't really feel sleepy during the daytime, but I don't feel well-rested either.
2a. It's partially self-inflicted and partially biological, I guess. I stay up on the computer and watch tv and stuff, but even when I don't do these things I can't really fall asleep.
2b. I should really switch off the computer and tv and stop staying up to read, but I can't say how much it would actually help. And I'm a light sleeper, so the smallest things can wake me up.

3. I used to sleep really well, getting about 10 hours of sleep a night. Then I entered high school and started getting homework assignments that would keep me up until midnight. I miss the old days :(

4. Not really.

5. I'm awake up til about 2 a.m. and wake up around 6-8 a.m.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

7-8

usually

what factors prevent you from getting more?

have to go to work in the morning, can't always sleep in

can you do anything to change these

can't change when I have to go to work, could go to bed earlier so I'm less tired when I wake up.

Usually feel rested when I wake up, so not much of an issue.

how has your sleeping pattern changed over the years?

Go to bed earlier and get up earlier. Back in college, it was typical of me to stay up until 1-2 am.

I wish I could get by on less sleep, then I could get alot more done.

5.) what time do you go to bed on average and what time do you wake up on average?

Go to bed between 11:00pm and midnight

Get up between 7-8 am

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
6-7.5 on weekdays, 8-11 on weekends.

Not on weekdays, and DEFINITELY not on weekdays when I get closer to 6 hours, or less than 6 hours.

I want/need more hours in my day than a 9 or 10 pm bedtime would allow for.

My commute time is set to shorten later this month, so that'll allow me to sleep later. Also I could just go to bed at 10 and get over myself. :laugh:

I've had to get up earlier for work, so I've been going to bed earlier than I have for a long time.

Nah

Weekdays: 11-12pm bedtime, 6-7am morning
Weekends: 11-12pm bedtime, 10-11am morning

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yay people replied :D

oh and i guess i should add that though it's hard for me to change my bed time, I find it harder to change my wake up time if i want to wake up later (I can wake up earlier just fine) so lets say I stay up til 6am I'm probably gonna be up and unable to go back to sleep after 11am. it wasn't uncommon in my early-mid 20s to go to bed after 3am and wake up at 7am even though I had nothing to do til noon

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Abnormal, as a direct result of my work though.

4-6 hours is usually enough for me, and I often sleep at different times as I change between morning afternoon evening and night shifts all the time. But every 5 to 7 days I suddenly need to sleep for like 10-12 hours. I've been known to skip nights as well, but I do need to sleep at least 8 hours the next if I want to stay in any decent condition. :p

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
1. 7-8 hours.

2. Yes.

3. In the past I was a night owl, but now I'm an early riser.

4. When people complain that they have trouble with sleep, a lot of the times it's because of their poor sleep scheduling.

5. I'm always in bed by at least 10 pm, and I always wake up at 5 am. No matter the day, weekend or school break. I don't even need an alarm, I'll wake up on my own. But the birds chirping help a great deal in creating a cozy morning atmosphere. To me that's the most perfect, least stress-inducing start of a day there is. If you combine this with reading a good book for an hour before sleeping, and tasty herbal tea, there will be more peace in your life. I find that this helps a great deal in leading a productive life, now if you would excuse me... I'm going to bed!

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1. Since school got out, about 10. But normally I only got 6-7 :cry:

2. When I first wake up, nope. But once I get dressed I feel much more awake.

3. I think it's stayed the same over the years. I've never been a very sound sleeper.

4. School year - go to bed at 11 and wake up at 6:30, summer - go to bed around midnight and wake up between 8-11.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For me it is.

Around 5.

No. I can never have enough.

I feel less lazy at night?

:shrug:

I sleep less during the night and take numerous random naps during the day.

I simultaneously love and hate sleep.

Bed: 12:00-1:00
Wake up: 5:00-6:00

DaniBambi

MBTI Type
INFP

Normally, about 4 hours for 3-4 days then one day where I'll just sleep for like 10.

No enough and then too much.

My work schedule, and stress levels.

I can't not work, and I've been off sleep aids for a year and a half to try and find a less addictive way to sleep.

It's been like this since about 2011, no sleep then all the sleep. I used to be able to fall asleep easier than I can now.

fall asleep at about 5am and wake up at about 9am for work.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
1. 7 - 8 hours.

2. I don't think i get enough sleep. On the face of it, i always get 6 hours at a minimum but my sleep tends to be broken - I have a tendency to wake up very early in the morning, sometimes more than once, and have trouble getting back to sleep after that. If this happens I usually feel very tired the whole coming day. Depression will be exacerbating things but I think this could be my natural sleep cycle.

3. I can't really remember much detail from my life further back than a couple of months :D But I don't think my sleeping pattern has changed that much.

5. Weekdays: 10.30pm sleep, 6.00am wakeup
Weekends: 12.00am sleep, 8.00am wakeup

Chuffney

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3/8
Instinctual Variant
so
Unfortunately I accidentally managed to vote "Under 18" instead of "18-24". Horrible.

1. Between 8 and 12 on a normal night

2. Definitely.
a. Getting a phonecall, outside noise, heat
b. Yes, if I want.

3. When I was at school and college I barely slept purely because of what time I usually sleep.

5. 3AM - 6AM sleep, 12PM - 2PM wakeup.