• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Wanting to be famous just so everyone knows you

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've considered what I would do if I became famous. How I imagine it'd play out is that I'd go the way of Kelly Clarkson and hone a powerful, amazing voice and then audition on The Voice/X-Factor and somehow make it big. I mean this is just a fantasy I suck at singing. :blush: But yeah, from then this is what I got:

Pros

• getting the opportunity to meet people you've always wanted to meet - famous or not
  • having the money/power to go almost anywhere you wanted
  • doing interviews and being able to speak your mind and get your thoughts out for the public to digest
  • being able to contribute more to causes you believe in (I'd be at the ASPCA every day if I could)
  • dating-wise, a lot more people would have you on their radar (not because they want the fame, but because being famous makes you more well-known and therefore more people would find you attractive than before)

Cons

• having almost zero privacy and having to be cautious everywhere you go
  • having every word you say criticized and distorted by the public
  • having to rely on more people other than yourself
  • people would always want you to do something
  • more obligations
  • private life, relationships, and drama in your life would be used as a marketing tactic

So yeah...there's that. :shrug: Every type of life has its ups and downs, but I think I'd prefer the life I'd live now. Of course, fantasizing about this every now and then is a fun passtime too. :D

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Missed your threads, Giggly.

That's nice of you to say, thank you. I felt like I was becoming annoying here before.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:sick: ... It's like my worst nightmare is to be famous.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
That's nice of you to say, thank you. I felt like I was becoming annoying here before.

Never! I like your threads too :) If anyone was telling you otherwise, just show me where they are. :2ar15:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

Never! I like your threads too :) If anyone was telling you otherwise, just show me where they are. :2ar15:

Elocute

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I think of all the dimensions of the MBTI, I/E is the most established, even with some neurobiological backing.

I will frankly say that I don't know how extraverts enjoy so much external stimulation for so long. Since most people in my family are introverts, I thought this was normal. I didn't get why my ENFJ friend thought that I was depressed if I was alone.

It was an interesting dynamic because I abhored being in crowds as long as she did, so for a bit, we both thought each other's behavior was "unhealthy."

Chuffney

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3/8
Instinctual Variant
so
Low to moderate fame is a very good thing. Providing you keep fulfilling the obligations that gave you the status there will be a constant influx of friends, admirers and potential partners to choose from. National or international fame I find to be a different thing altogether though, it's intrusive and consuming, the only circumstances I could enjoy that would be as a legacy or in my final years, something I could leave behind.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Hahaha that's for real.

Mole

Permabanned
i pay attention to neither and my happiness is fleeting..

Happiness is fleet of foot, and is waiting around the next corner to lead us in a dance, and all we need to do is pay attention.

Indeed the price of happiness is attention.

Everyone wants attention, so those wealthy in attention give it to those in need.

And those in need drink attention as the thirsty drink water.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it combats existential fear. People fear death, in particular, they fear oblivion, a death without an after life. They are frightened of the idea of completely ceasing to exist, so they want a legacy. People do lots of things to create a legacy, hell it's even part of the reason a lot of people have kids. I think the idea that you will live on in the memories of people of generations to come helps create a sense that you will be immortal.

Makes me think of this wild and crazy guy.
Herostratus

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I couldn't cope with fame. It would destroy me.

In obscurity there is secrecy and thus safety.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People confuse being known by many people as being liked, respected, valued, admired by them. You can be famous and still be despised by the majority of the public. Do you really want that?